[SPOLIER] I was blessed by a specific god

Hello,When i first make my character and i need to chose a god to represent me, i chose Balthazar without hesitation.I really like the bio about him and it fell right to bless me.Now after the Path of Fire events Balthazar gone rogue and it looks like a big spoil child to me, and i don't want to represent me anymore.I know not many people care about this , but for me is really important.End of story: I don't want to be represented by an evil god , and i want some mechanic to change it.What you think ?Thank you.

@Shirlias.8104 said:The remains of the six left Tyria, so you don't need any God to rapresent you.

Also there are way many, and more importants, problems at the moment, and there's no way they are going to consider something useless like that.

Also if i want a game that don't give a f about the story little details like this and all day you kill mega god's and cosmic creatures ......i go play wow

@Dante.1763 said:Technically i wonder now if that blessing even matters. The gods are leaving/gone/dead and as we see with Kormirs library it starts to collapse due to the loss of her. So that blessing might be entirely empty now.

I have no problem with that .But in my biography i still have the ''I was blessed by Balthazar...'' and is annoying to me -_-

@Kenji Deathraven.2879 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:The remains of the six left Tyria, so you don't need any God to rapresent you.

Also there are way many, and more importants, problems at the moment, and there's no way they are going to consider something useless like that.

Also if i want a game that don't give a f about the story little details like this and all day you kill mega god's and cosmic creatures ......i go play wow

Well wow has:

1. monthly subscription.
  2. Infinite farm/progression ( you can't drop the game cause you have everything character bound, and the equipment changes every X months, so or you'll always be following an uppgrade ).

They are pretty different games.

Talking instead about Gw2, no offense, but the one underlined by you is not a real problem.PoF has been released few days ago, and we still have major issues:

1. SPvP is not balanced
  2. WvW is not balanced
  3. PvE meta does not exist ( bounties seems not that good, as treasure hunting ).
  4. Server problems
  5. etc...

@Shirlias.8104 said:

Well wow has:
  1. monthly subscription.
  2. Infinite farm/progression ( you can't drop the game cause you have everything character bound, and the equipment changes every X months, so or you'll always be following an uppgrade ).

They are pretty different games.

Talking instead about Gw2, no offense, but the one underlined by you is not a real problem.PoF has been released few days ago, and we still have major issues:
  1. SPvP is not balanced
  2. WvW is not balanced
  3. PvE meta does not exist ( bounties seems not that good, as treasure hunting ).
  4. Server problems
  5. etc...

I understand youre point.But like i say we just have a casual discussion and this is something i don't like about the game in this moment and i like to hear other people opinions.Thanks

@zealex.9410 said:I dont thing its fair calling him an evil god. Hes the god of war and fire and it seems logical to me that he would go rogue of someone made him retreat in the face of a massive enemy.

In most of the books ive read a decent god of war /knows/ that victory is not always possible, its the nature of war. Sometimes a victory is impossible no matter what you do. So yea, kinda evil, considering what he wants to do after he kills the dragons and destroys tyria....

@Dante.1763 said:

@zealex.9410 said:I dont thing its fair calling him an evil god. Hes the god of war and fire and it seems logical to me that he would go rogue of someone made him retreat in the face of a massive enemy.

In most of the books ive read a decent god of war /knows/ that victory is not always possible, its the nature of war. Sometimes a victory is impossible no matter what you do. So yea, kinda evil, considering what he wants to do
after
he kills the dragons and destroys tyria....

Agree

This is important for me too, I love the gods and their lore and I was really sad that all of them are now gone and Balthazar's sadly dead. :(Just a small thing for us god-loving players likes.Atleast we saw Kormir and abit of Reaper, but sadly no Dwayna, Lyssa or Melandru. :(

Also, since there is only 5 gods left and humans are still talking "Bless you by the 6, may the 6 bless you etc". and praying to be blessed by the gods, but I guess they are stuck in a timeloop then?

@Alga.6498 said:This is important for me too, I love the gods and their lore and I was really sad that all of them are now gone and Balthazar's sadly dead. :(Just a small thing for us god-loving players likes.Atleast we saw Kormir and abit of Reaper, but sadly no Dwayna, Lyssa or Melandru. :(

Also, since there is only 5 gods left and humans are still talking "Bless you by the 6, may the 6 bless you etc". and praying to be blessed by the gods, but I guess they are stuck in a timeloop then?

I'm really glad to hear that are more people like me.And yea the time loop that you say sound logic. Theoretically you can't know Balthazar go rogue until POF events.This is complicated .

It bothers me too. I picked Melandru and it's because my character sees her as a representation of Tyria. Now, knowing she's gone with the rest of the gods and apparently never especially cared for Tyria anyway...I'd like to retract that.

For now I'm just seeing it as a retrospective. That biography page represents who she was 5 years ago when she first set out on this journey, but she's changed a lot since then and this is just one aspect of it.

@Alga.6498 said:This is important for me too, I love the gods and their lore and I was really sad that all of them are now gone and Balthazar's sadly dead. :(Just a small thing for us god-loving players likes.Atleast we saw Kormir and abit of Reaper, but sadly no Dwayna, Lyssa or Melandru. :(

It's possible a lot of people don't know about all the events of PoF yet, or don't believe it. But hopefully it will be updated over time.

I don't think story related concerns should be dismissed casually. There is an RP in MMORPG. Say what you will about WoW but part of its strength is its setting in a world that many gamers had known and loved for years. It's important for the player to have a connection to the story.

That said, if your player was blessed by Balthazar he was blessed by Balthazar. The gods themselves may shun him now but they cannot undo their former association with him and your character can't either. Your character can distance himself from Balthazar through his actions. After all, Balthazar is evil because he's attacking innocents who have merely chosen not to aid him against the dragons. Your character will not do this and may actually spare those who, for understandable reasons, have aligned themselves with his enemies.

@Danikat.8537 said:It bothers me too. I picked Melandru and it's because my character sees her as a representation of Tyria. Now, knowing she's gone with the rest of the gods and apparently never especially cared for Tyria anyway...I'd like to retract that.

@thrdeye.1028 said:I don't think story related concerns should be dismissed casually. There is an RP in MMORPG. Say what you will about WoW but part of its strength is its setting in a world that many gamers had known and loved for years. It's important for the player to have a connection to the story.

That said, if your player was blessed by Balthazar he was blessed by Balthazar. The gods themselves may shun him now but they cannot undo their former association with him and your character can't either. Your character can distance himself from Balthazar through his actions. After all, Balthazar is evil because he's attacking innocents who have merely chosen not to aid him against the dragons. Your character will not do this and may actually spare those who, for understandable reasons, have aligned themselves with his enemies.

I'm pretty sure i can worship another god if i chose so.

I think there should be reasonable solution - something like changing Balthazar's blessing to "I'm bad guy, and I pray to bad guy". Or NPC, who can change your choice to pick once again. There is no influence into story (as far as I remember), so it wouldn't change anything in gameplay.

@Iron.4372 said:I think there should be reasonable solution - something like changing Balthazar's blessing to "I'm bad guy, and I pray to bad guy". Or NPC, who can change your choice to pick once again. There is no influence into story (as far as I remember), so it wouldn't change anything in gameplay.

Since these options are meaningless there is no objective reason to waste dev resources to create a system for few people who are unhappy with an icon in their character journal.

Archived