Guardian 6k dps

Fatherstears.6329

Hey, i was testing my dps at one of those Golems in The Aerodome in Lions Arch .Found out i was doing very low dps 6k on a golem with all boons ?!What am i doing wrong ?Im using the firebrand axe with the smoldering rune and torch/sceptre.I have the superiour firebrand rune on all armour .Everything is exotic except two ascended rings with berserker stats high power.And tips or ideas are appreciated!Thanks in Advance.

@Fatherstears.6329 said:Hey, i was testing my dps at one of those Golems in The Aerodome in Lions Arch .Found out i was doing very low dps 6k on a golem with all boons ?!What am i doing wrong ?Im using the firebrand axe with the smoldering rune and torch/sceptre.I have the superiour firebrand rune on all armour .Everything is exotic except two ascended rings with berserker stats high power.And tips or ideas are appreciated!Thanks in Advance.

Firebrand damage is mostly coming from conditions (especially burning), while your gear is Berserker, which is power. Replace your gear by something which is more relevant for conditions (Viper, Sinister or Rabid depending on what you can affort), and you should get much better results.

@Fatherstears.6329 said:Im using the firebrand axe with the smoldering rune and torch/sceptre.

These are correct.

I have the superiour firebrand rune on all armour .

Firebrand runes are not for DPS, for your runes you want either Renegade or Balthazar depending on the stat build you want to use.

Everything is exotic except two ascended rings with berserker stats high power.

Firebrand is a condi build and works best with either vipers, sinisters, or griever's (which is best but really hard to get at the moment). Keep your zerker gear for a DH build though.

Another thing while testing damage on the golem is that Ashes does so much of your DPS that without a mesmer with clones up (or any 4 other bodies) you will have so much lower DPS that it is hard to test without them.

@Fatherstears.6329 said:The utilities im using are : Singnet of resolve,Mantra of Flame,Bane of Signet,Mantra of potence and renewed focus .

Bane Signet is for power builds, you want Signet of Wrath.

Mantra of Potence is only used to trigger Quickfire, and Quickfire only works if you have 4 other people with you hitting the golem. If you benchmark by yourself, the damage will be lower. The other thing is you are using berserker gear, but that was explained already.

The rest is doing a proper rotation. Visit qt's website for a written rotation. Make sure you watch when you get a free Zealor's Flame through Radiant Fire, as you will need to cast it for a dps increase.

@Fatherstears.6329 said:25 stacks of vurnability?

If you are comparing you DPS with benchmarks put out by sources like quantifyEU, do note that their DPS numbers were obtained while having permanent 25 stacks of Might, Fury, Quickness, Alacrity, Spotter, Banners, Spirits, and other boons that are realistically available to a "meta" raid composition. This also includes applying 25 stacks of Vulnerability to the Target Golem.

You might want to check out the guides on this forum or just qtfy's page itself

https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/guardian/condi-fb/

You can run sinister or viper gear for now, but it's important to actually have the correct utilities not to mention know which buttons to press so to say.

As Dark said - focus on gearing first (you don't need ascended armor for now, focus on ascended trinkets and weapons with the right stats) and on learning the class itself.

Guardian's rotation is kind of easy.

Archived