How are things going to turn out for WvW if they keep going the direction they are? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How are things going to turn out for WvW if they keep going the direction they are?

Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭

More boons, more condi, more AoE, more damage, more visual clutter, more lag. More more more. It seems to me if WvW keeps heading the way it has been it'll soon be nigh impossible to intelligently read and react to what's going on in fights. I thought GW2 was more about doing things horizontally with diversity and variety. Why then is everything in WvW growing vertically? The mount was a good example of horizontal expansion but things like the mount stomp added to the verticality.

Some verticality isn't bad but it seems like Anet has just kind of opened the flood gate and let lose. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they decided to raise the level cap next expansion and introduce "mythic" gear. I know, I know, they said they would never do those things but isn't that what the new professions have been essentially? Things like FB and Scourge are not just different than core guard and necromancer, they're wayyyy better. Not marginally better but severally better.

I know this isn't news to anyone but I just want players (and anet) to think about what the game would look like if it continued changing the way it has. How long before they have to change how damage numbers are displayed because they are too big to read?

No longer playing the game due to PvP being abandon.

Comments

  • Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭

    @coro.3176 said:

    @Zexanima.7851 said:
    More boons, more condi,

    Boons: This is a direct result of support being too good. Supports are keeping perma-might, perma-stab, perma-protection on their groups. The only way to really punch through this is frequent aoe corrupt, so you get ..
    Condi: But note that this isn't really "condi damage. The builds that are applying it are all power scourge. It's just a result of the corrupt. Playing actual condi would be suicide due to the high # of support scrappers around converting condi to boons every second. So then you run your own support scrappers to conver this condi to..
    Boons!: Now you have more boons. Now the enemy needs to respond with more corrupts! .. and so the cycle continues.

    You can never really be sure either what boons/condi you have or when they are going to get instantly corrupted/converted. There are really not a lot of tells to having a sand shade pop up under your feet or the guy next to you gets hit by devouring darkness. Don't get me wrong, there currently are ways to counter play this stuff but with the way things are going skills and effects are just going to increase in number and become more instant until there really is no counter play. It'll eventually just be two zergs diving each other dropping all their skills and whoever has more players/better luck will come out on top. It already is like that a good amount of the time

    more AoE, more damage, more visual clutter, more lag.

    This is a result of projectiles and single target damage being ineffective. A single reflect or projectile blocking bubble can counter projectiles from an entire zerg. That is 1 player countering 50+ with a single skill. With a good rotation, 4-5 players with bubbles can counter ALL incoming projectiles indefinitely. Thus, projectiles are bad (or even completely useless vs a very coordinated enemy). Single target damage is also ineffective because other classes do similar amounts of burst, but deal it in an aoe. This aoe - especially ranged aoe is always preferred because it can't be mitigated as easily.

    Would it be better for all AoE ranged skills to be fast moving projectiles that create an AoE upon landing? Then put a block cap on all projectile blocks/reflects? That way there is counter play to AoE bombs aside from "bait and avoid the pile of red"

    things like FB and Scourge are not just different than core guard and necromancer, they're wayyyy better. Not marginally better but severally better.

    Elite spec power creep has been a problem for years and years and years and they are only just now starting to address it. There is still a long way to go before core specs can compete on the same level as elite specs.

    We really wont know if they are addressing it or not until they release the next elite specs. For all we know the "trade offs" could just be a way to make room and promote the next elite specs which will contain the same power creep problems. It would really be nice if Anet would keep the players up to date on their vision of the game. Something clear and concise with reasoning for their decisions.

    No longer playing the game due to PvP being abandon.

  • displayname.8315displayname.8315 Member ✭✭✭

    Never played wow but the PvP looks cool. Guys think classic will be worth a subscription in August? Warmode or whatever looks cool and assume some guilds are basically fights guilds or hope so.

  • GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2019

    @Zexanima.7851 said:

    Some verticality isn't bad but it seems like Anet has just kind of opened the flood gate and let lose. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they decided to raise the level cap next expansion and introduce "mythic" gear. I know, I know, they said they would never do those things but isn't that what the new professions have been essentially? T

    Here is the thing. They actually have raised the level cap via "mastery rank" in WvW. They added the mount, by adding gliding, fricken merchant access, and most of the combat-based masteries. They raise the cap every iteration that includes using this short sighted system. This is g'awful for attracting new players since you need about 90-120 ranks on the mount (the last two aren't "necessary") another 60 or so in gliding (all of them are actually needed to stay competitive, albeit the second rank is kitten). It's really backwards as it tells the new players, "Don't bother using siege since you don't have mastery and the 'vets' will want to take over." I don't care that there is a rank to grind up, but grinding mastery rank points (that offer an actual combat advantage) in a Pvp-ish mode seems like a bad idea to me.

    D:

    Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @displayname.8315 said:
    Never played wow but the PvP looks cool. Guys think classic will be worth a subscription in August? Warmode or whatever looks cool and assume some guilds are basically fights guilds or hope so.

    You'll find WoW's combat to be a regression after gw2. No Dodge, much less value for teamwork other than healer+dps and as pure open world, better take a month off work to level cuz the twinks they are a'comin fast.

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @displayname.8315 said:
    Never played wow but the PvP looks cool. Guys think classic will be worth a subscription in August? Warmode or whatever looks cool and assume some guilds are basically fights guilds or hope so.

    Yeah, Vanilla WoW PvP was so great that Blizzard radically changed it patch after patch, year over year.......

    Rose Tinted Glasses + Ignorance + Grass is Always Greener = a lot of players with disappointment in their future.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2019

    Pve will continue but pvp will be a ghost town. Shame really cuz anet had a winning formula with combat mechs

  • iKeostuKen.2738iKeostuKen.2738 Member ✭✭✭

    How will things turn out? The mode just being a waste of time. Itl turn into a PvEr's offtime activity.

    Vanilla WoW PvP will probably be what you aim for if you want actual good PvP. Their battlegrounds were an amazing PvP experience...unless there were level x9 twinks in your matches lol.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @iKeostuKen.2738 said:
    The mode just being a waste of time.

    So only people that want to waste their time with what they enjoy then? Yeah it sounds horrific.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

    vanilla gw2 wouldn't be too bad for wvw tbh. prob would eliminate some of the power creep but not all of it.

    Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

    WVW LEADER

    VR

  • Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @hunkamania.7561 said:
    vanilla gw2 wouldn't be too bad for wvw tbh. prob would eliminate some of the power creep but not all of it.

    That would be a good use for EotM. Core only allowed, nothing relative to the expansions allowed.

    Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

  • hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Loosmaster.8263 said:

    @hunkamania.7561 said:
    vanilla gw2 wouldn't be too bad for wvw tbh. prob would eliminate some of the power creep but not all of it.

    That would be a good use for EotM. Core only allowed, nothing relative to the expansions allowed.

    Yup, seems like a no brainer

    Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

    WVW LEADER

    VR

  • iKeostuKen.2738iKeostuKen.2738 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @iKeostuKen.2738 said:
    The mode just being a waste of time.

    So only people that want to waste their time with what they enjoy then? Yeah it sounds horrific.

    Waste of time as in, all the effort they are putting into it is going to leave it a even more barren mode then it is already becoming. Just like SPvP and Hotjoins.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    maybe with the next expac, they can figure out how to limit lag to aoe bomb radius. that way if you draw the short stick, you can say you took one for the team and people will actually be thankful.

    Te lazla otstra.

  • lmao you guys know if they ever "nerf" the power creep it's basically them telling you that they're ready to release the next expansion with the next set of powercreep-fueled elite specs because guess what sells expansions? All the juicy new elite specs... nobody wants to get left behind amirite?

  • displayname.8315displayname.8315 Member ✭✭✭

    @iKeostuKen.2738 said:
    How will things turn out? The mode just being a waste of time. Itl turn into a PvEr's offtime activity.

    Vanilla WoW PvP will probably be what you aim for if you want actual good PvP. Their battlegrounds were an amazing PvP experience...unless there were level x9 twinks in your matches lol.

    Yeah the battlegrounds thing sounds interesting and there's bound to be more people playing than the ghost towns anet has created with their content. Enjoyed alot of EQ2 which was very similar pve wise.

    Hope the teamwork and GvG style gameplay is prominent like it was in pre-HoT WvW. Haven't seen much streaming of battlegrounds but I guess it's early.

  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2019

    (the floodgate will remain open until Guild Wars reclaim its name and honor)

    Head to Guild Wars where the players matters and healthy competitiveness with learning skill-play are embraced
    (join us)

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Loosmaster.8263 said:

    @hunkamania.7561 said:
    vanilla gw2 wouldn't be too bad for wvw tbh. prob would eliminate some of the power creep but not all of it.

    That would be a good use for EotM. Core only allowed, nothing relative to the expansions allowed.

    But muh revenant???
    Thats one of the reasons they said they wont make a vanilla event... Because rev player would feel left out.

    @displayname.8315 said:
    Never played wow but the PvP looks cool. Guys think classic will be worth a subscription in August? Warmode or whatever looks cool and assume some guilds are basically fights guilds or hope so.

    Tbh wow fights look so incredibly boring, especially pvp looks clunky af.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    the one thing wvw could learn from wow is queues to play against a 50v50v50 or more.

    makes me wonder why the exact number isn't revealed. :/

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Warkind.6745Warkind.6745 Member ✭✭✭

    My concern lies more with the fact that Arenanet doesn't seem to be able to introduce content that is an objective improvement to all play styles.

    All is vain.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Warkind.6745 said:
    My concern lies more with the fact that Arenanet doesn't seem to be able to introduce content that is an objective improvement to all play styles.

    they probably dont need to. i mean who is the player base? are we the 1%?

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • displayname.8315displayname.8315 Member ✭✭✭

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @displayname.8315 said:
    Never played wow but the PvP looks cool. Guys think classic will be worth a subscription in August? Warmode or whatever looks cool and assume some guilds are basically fights guilds or hope so.

    Tbh wow fights look so incredibly boring, especially pvp looks clunky af.

    It doesn't have the 100% swiftness and boon uptime sure. The pacing allows for more cerebral play tho and less faceroll button mashing, perma dodging, perma invuns.. that's nice. Build choices seem to matter more instead of picking the most broken class between "balance" patches.

    Vanilla WvW was probably better tho..

  • @Zexanima.7851 said:
    More boons, more condi, more AoE, more damage, more visual clutter, more lag. More more more. It seems to me if WvW keeps heading the way it has been it'll soon be nigh impossible to intelligently read and react to what's going on in fights. I thought GW2 was more about doing things horizontally with diversity and variety. Why then is everything in WvW growing vertically? The mount was a good example of horizontal expansion but things like the mount stomp added to the verticality.

    Some verticality isn't bad but it seems like Anet has just kind of opened the flood gate and let lose. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they decided to raise the level cap next expansion and introduce "mythic" gear. I know, I know, they said they would never do those things but isn't that what the new professions have been essentially? Things like FB and Scourge are not just different than core guard and necromancer, they're wayyyy better. Not marginally better but severally better.

    I know this isn't news to anyone but I just want players (and anet) to think about what the game would look like if it continued changing the way it has. How long before they have to change how damage numbers are displayed because they are too big to read?

    Whats going to happen is what's already happening. Death. just a matter of time. CU gets released or a game that takes players and thatll be the end of it. anet needs to do something fast or its all over.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @displayname.8315 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @displayname.8315 said:
    Never played wow but the PvP looks cool. Guys think classic will be worth a subscription in August? Warmode or whatever looks cool and assume some guilds are basically fights guilds or hope so.

    Tbh wow fights look so incredibly boring, especially pvp looks clunky af.

    It doesn't have the 100% swiftness and boon uptime sure. The pacing allows for more cerebral play tho and less faceroll button mashing, perma dodging, perma invuns.. that's nice. Build choices seem to matter more instead of picking the most broken class between "balance" patches.

    Vanilla WvW was probably better tho..

    Im not talking about boon uptimes etc.
    The gameplay itself just looks slow, clunky and boring.

    Gw2 just has the flowing animations that go into each other so smooth, ive yet to see any other game doing it like that (and dont even mention BDO, ive played it, its not good)

    Dodging spells on your own, not hoping for lucky dodges or resists based on stats is just so good, and coming out of a dodge, instantly casting the next spell, without awkwardly waiting for the animation to finish completely is awesome, i cant play any other mmo anymore because ive gotten so used to gw2, that those "oldschool" movements just annoy and bore me

  • Blackarps.1974Blackarps.1974 Member ✭✭✭

    Not much skill left in the game. No reason to win. Nothing for being the best. Stealth then spam all your buttons first and hope you connect with the most targets. Don't have the mount by now? Good luck leaving your spawn/keep without getting ganked. I don't think Anet knows how to fix it. They are purely in autopilot now given we got mounts and even those haven't been fixed outside the silly 1 shot engages at release.

  • displayname.8315displayname.8315 Member ✭✭✭

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @displayname.8315 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @displayname.8315 said:
    Never played wow but the PvP looks cool. Guys think classic will be worth a subscription in August? Warmode or whatever looks cool and assume some guilds are basically fights guilds or hope so.

    Tbh wow fights look so incredibly boring, especially pvp looks clunky af.

    It doesn't have the 100% swiftness and boon uptime sure. The pacing allows for more cerebral play tho and less faceroll button mashing, perma dodging, perma invuns.. that's nice. Build choices seem to matter more instead of picking the most broken class between "balance" patches.

    Vanilla WvW was probably better tho..

    Im not talking about boon uptimes etc.
    The gameplay itself just looks slow, clunky and boring.

    Gw2 just has the flowing animations that go into each other so smooth, ive yet to see any other game doing it like that (and dont even mention BDO, ive played it, its not good)

    Dodging spells on your own, not hoping for lucky dodges or resists based on stats is just so good, and coming out of a dodge, instantly casting the next spell, without awkwardly waiting for the animation to finish completely is awesome, i cant play any other mmo anymore because ive gotten so used to gw2, that those "oldschool" movements just annoy and bore me

    Technically it's good sure. If alliances ever comes out maybe people will actually start logging in again too. If you were around during the HoT release the exodus was noticable, at least on NA.

    For now being on the "wrong" server is just boring. Can still play, but most would rather do something else so...

  • @Nocturnal Lunacy.8563 said:
    Whats going to happen is what's already happening. Death. just a matter of time. CU gets released or a game that takes players and thatll be the end of it. anet needs to do something fast or its all over.

    What if they're secretly waiting for similar games to come out so they can 'borrow' and improve on the idea? I know that's super far fetched but right now there's little to no competition and zero incentive to do anything about it until someone comes along with something bigger & better.

  • Grim West.3194Grim West.3194 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2019

    Dead game mode. ANET will do nothing to fix WvW as long as you pay money to transfer to the bandwagon server of the week.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Classic pvp is probably not going to be that bad as they will be running the 1.12 patch from the get go, which includes a lot of fixes and bringing broken op skills back in line. But it won't have the arena, just battlegrounds and open pvp. Warmode is for current wow bfa, not classic because people don't want those changes with no phasing. Either way eventually the open pvp system will start breaking down when servers get lopsided populations, some servers may even get lopsided 60/40 populations which will affect battleground times from like 30-60min wait times. There's been a couple good zone wars, but to be honest wvw mass fights have always been low level daily wvw pug fights, nothing to rival gvg level fights, and they certainly don't happen as often. Lets not talk about raid gear eventually turning some classes into monsters in pvp.

    As for wvw, it will continue to rot. We have had 7 years to experience wvw, we've had 4 years to experience hot changes, which affected the game the most with changes to boons and conditions combat, we've had almost 2 years to experience pof changes and a few months for mounts, a year and half wait on alliance system. Which direction do you really think it's going now? It's obvious very little time is being spent on wvw development, very little time spent on balancing, heck they wouldn't even have the resources or time to revamp combat and that includes stealth, so don't expect changes there.

    Frankly at this point even if they balance the population it probably won't do much, links brought people back for a couple months and then populations started dying off again. More people were playing, but was the game fun still? combat fun? ppting fun? winning and moving up tiers fun? Other factors drove people away from wvw, and I really don't think they will ever be addressed. Pve drives this game.

    "Is there pvp stuff for this?" "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon."
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WoAH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

  • Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

    The real trick in my opinion is not to move forward but to roll back, WVW was its greatest before the first expansion, before the devs felt the need to tickle and tweak based on PVE, it will never be that way again, but it's a hell of a sight better than what we're dealing with now

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zexanima.7851 said:
    More boons, more condi, more AoE, more damage, more visual clutter, more lag. More more more. It seems to me if WvW keeps heading the way it has been it'll soon be nigh impossible to intelligently read and react to what's going on in fights. I thought GW2 was more about doing things horizontally with diversity and variety. Why then is everything in WvW growing vertically? The mount was a good example of horizontal expansion but things like the mount stomp added to the verticality.

    Some verticality isn't bad but it seems like Anet has just kind of opened the flood gate and let lose. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they decided to raise the level cap next expansion and introduce "mythic" gear. I know, I know, they said they would never do those things but isn't that what the new professions have been essentially? Things like FB and Scourge are not just different than core guard and necromancer, they're wayyyy better. Not marginally better but severally better.

    I know this isn't news to anyone but I just want players (and anet) to think about what the game would look like if it continued changing the way it has. How long before they have to change how damage numbers are displayed because they are too big to read?

    Finally someone explained why hammer rev is the symptom and not the cause of the current meta.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Zuldari.3940Zuldari.3940 Member ✭✭✭

    @Turkeyspit.3965 said:

    @displayname.8315 said:
    Never played wow but the PvP looks cool. Guys think classic will be worth a subscription in August? Warmode or whatever looks cool and assume some guilds are basically fights guilds or hope so.

    Yeah, Vanilla WoW PvP was so great that Blizzard radically changed it patch after patch, year over year.......

    Rose Tinted Glasses + Ignorance + Grass is Always Greener = a lot of players with disappointment in their future.

    Well i played the heck out of wow pvp both battlegrounds and arena for 11 years, and i can say anet can learn a thing or two about building a pvp side game from them. It actually pretty dang fluid and fast paced. Plus you had different modes of pvp didnt like the big ole 40vs40 then jump down to a 15vs15 or a 10vs10 or do arena and do some 2v2 3v3 5v5. I had more fun in wow pvp than most games. I really wish they would make a battleground type map here, it would be great for guilds to 10v10 or 20 v20.

    Coo! Quaggan Love's You! ♥♥♥

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    as it is now, its deteriorating. because there is no purpose

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Grim West.3194 said:
    Dead game mode. ANET will do nothing to fix WvW as long as you pay money to transfer to the bandwagon server of the week.

    That’s why I always felt like EOTM map was because players where fighting in WvsW, and Anet tough we were not playing the game as they tough the game should be played, aka the massive ktrains vs empty servers...

    They kinda try to fix it but not towards decent and clever mechanics that promote fair and skilled gameplay

  • wanya.1697wanya.1697 Member ✭✭✭

    there is the purpose of farming easy lootbags
    pushing dolyaks for better upgraded structures
    sieging upgraded structure to reset them
    roam around and have randoms fights/duels

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2019

    @Zuldari.3940 said:

    @Turkeyspit.3965 said:

    @displayname.8315 said:
    Never played wow but the PvP looks cool. Guys think classic will be worth a subscription in August? Warmode or whatever looks cool and assume some guilds are basically fights guilds or hope so.

    Yeah, Vanilla WoW PvP was so great that Blizzard radically changed it patch after patch, year over year.......

    Rose Tinted Glasses + Ignorance + Grass is Always Greener = a lot of players with disappointment in their future.

    Well i played the heck out of wow pvp both battlegrounds and arena for 11 years, and i can say anet can learn a thing or two about building a pvp side game from them. It actually pretty dang fluid and fast paced. Plus you had different modes of pvp didnt like the big ole 40vs40 then jump down to a 15vs15 or a 10vs10 or do arena and do some 2v2 3v3 5v5. I had more fun in wow pvp than most games. I really wish they would make a battleground type map here, it would be great for guilds to 10v10 or 20 v20.

    I agree, but that's like saying Ford Trucks could learn from Ferrarri about engines. Battlegrounds in WoW are very different things.

    Firstly, they are instanced battles with time limits and score caps. While back in the day Alterac Valley could run for days, after TBC, that wasn't the case. WvW doesn't work anywhere close to that, where winning means nothing, and you are playing essentially the same match for a full week.

    The majority of players who call themselves 'roamers' in WvW were mocked and derided in WoW battlegrounds, where fighting off point is just a waste of time and resources, as instead they should be fighting on the nodes trying to meet the map objectives. Probably also why no WoW battleground player every complained about not having fights, but anyways...

    A WoW battleground is basically a larger scale of our Conquest mode, which is a very different design path from WvW.

    So comparing the two is really pointless.

    I'm just sitting at my keyboard, laughing at all the players who complain about lack of build diversity, getting one shot with no chance to react, imagining themselves in Classic PvP where every class had only 1 spec to play, only 1 build, and Priests/Warlocks would be 2-shot by Rogues from stealth, or stunlocked to death by mace warriors, unable to even use a key as their character is locked down from 100%-0% health. Yeah, sure is an improvement over WvW /s

    Classic WoW was the worst iteration of the game, which had the least balance, least class diversity, worst itemization and worst game mechanics. But /shrug, people miss what they don't remember hating.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2019

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @Grim West.3194 said:
    Dead game mode. ANET will do nothing to fix WvW as long as you pay money to transfer to the bandwagon server of the week.

    That’s why I always felt like EOTM map was because players where fighting in WvsW, and Anet tough we were not playing the game as they tough the game should be played, aka the massive ktrains vs empty servers...

    They kinda try to fix it but not towards decent and clever mechanics that promote fair and skilled gameplay

    EoTM had nothing to do with the gameplay. A way to play WvW despite loooooooong queues was requested/demanded by players and Anet came up with an instanced "lobby". It's as simple as that.

    Of course, it was ultimately a failure because the reason people kept complaining about the queues was heavy population pressure on WvW and a broken queue system. By the time EoTM released, WvW had considerably less players and the broken queue system had been fixed shortly before. So all EoTM did was divide players between it and WvW making even less play actual WvW.

    If you think EoTM was created because we where "not playing how Anet wanted us to play" you're dead wrong.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • displayname.8315displayname.8315 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2019

    @Turkeyspit.3965 said:
    in WoW Classic PvP where every class had only 1 spec to play, only 1 build, and >Priests/Warlocks would be 2-shot by Rogues from stealth, or stunlocked to death by >mace warriors, unable to even use a key as their character is locked down from >100%-0% health. Yeah, sure is an improvement over WvW /s

    I guess it's the lv 40 cap rn but I haven't seen any 2-shots going on from streamers. Not familiar with the abilities like do you need a teammate to dispell or something.

    The specs look similar to EQ2 in that you have a certain # points depending on your level and you choose which to invest in. Are you saying there is only 1 "viable" spec to do pvp? I guess that goes for weapons too like dagger over sword sort of thing?

    I might buy a couple months at least.. don't think you have to buy the game for classic.

    Here's to hoping anet competes and has something out by August.

  • SoV.5139SoV.5139 Member ✭✭✭

    @hunkamania.7561 said:
    vanilla gw2 wouldn't be too bad for wvw tbh. prob would eliminate some of the power creep but not all of it.

    I would love vanilla gw2 WvW. The old bunker meta people shouted down before they left was far better than this always-crit-glass-but-invuln-so-i-can-still-tank META we have today.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:
    Finally someone explained why hammer rev is the symptom and not the cause of the current meta.

    I wouldn't say its the cause, but its certainly representative.

    Te lazla otstra.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.