PvP Mesmer Out of META - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

PvP Mesmer Out of META

13>

Comments

• Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2019

@Daishi.6027 said:
    but I'm skeptical of A-net to do this properly given, the amount of bias and double standards there is against mesmer from both devs and players alike. Let's say that's all in the past and devs have an even handed perspective: Even if they are going to do it reasonably well, and honestly I'm totally on board with bringing everything down a bit; but I have my doubts a-net will do this in a timely manner. If it's going to take them till the end of August or September to bring those specs down, then they should have left mesmer par and reduced everything together.

Fair points. and I've heard that viewpoint before. I would be inclined to agree, except I am almost positive that the more things Anet tries to "fix" at once without taking a barometric reading, the easier it is for things to go horribly, horribly wrong.

Increments are fine, as long as they are timely. If they're not I can work on something else until things get finished up.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [JUST GIT EVEN GUDDER ITS FINE]

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

None of this helps.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Jack.8124Jack.8124 Member ✭✭

!We really need big buff in mesmers right now!
    None of top players are using it in AT, or monthly Tournaments.. That's sooooooo sad.
    Please, we need HELP

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2019

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:
    Just wanted to say...

@crepuscular.9047 said:

Condi mesmer doesn't do damage anymore

Huh??? Condi mesmers probably the second most used condi build after Scourge

^This is like saying "boats are probably the second most used means of overseas travel after planes."

Something being a distant second in a situation with only two options really isn't saying much about the second's efficacy.

People criticize engineer's rifle all the time. Even though it's only 1 of 2 Core Engi MH weapons, and the other is trash.

But yeah... condi as a whole needs a revamp.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2019

@Jack.8124 said:
    !We really need big buff in mesmers right now!
    None of top players are using it in AT, or monthly Tournaments.. That's sooooooo sad.
    Please, we need HELP

no we don't there are 9 core classes plus 18 elite specs, yet there are only 5 spots, other less played classes and elite specs need to shine, mesmers have been in the core line up for way too long

looking at your profile, this is your one and only post thread and the only one you commented on
    if you only come on the forum just to complain mesmer got nerfed from being super over-powered to slightly over powered, it shows that you are a single class pony, time to pick another class and start training

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • As long mesmer can 1-shot nearly anyone out of stealth it should not be in meta. And it still can.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mortrialus.3062 said:
    What changed was that Arenanet power crept the hell out of Physical Skills and the Strength traitline.

exactly, not just that, it's pretty much everything, they've been just kept on throwing more dmg and more def into everything pretty much everything; Anet need to mass nerf all builds and rethink how to tweak balancing

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Noha.3749Noha.3749 Member ✭✭✭

Spellbreaker: tons of cc and defence
    Herald: great engage and ridic unblockable burst (also brings boons)
    Scourge: AoE denial and corrupt (also brings barriers)
    FB: heal/boonbot (booons)
    Thief: Unrivaled Mobility

Thats probably the most common/successful lineup atm...

I think mesmer is falling off in pvp because of less teamutility (not enough fancy boons), less mobility than teef and less bulk and cc than warrior.

If the meta stopped farting out boons with every move a mesmer would probably be more welcome, because they DO got great burst potential, they ARE slipperly, they ARE quite mobile and they ARE disruptive.

Problems with flat out buffing mesmer is that they are still topdogs in:
    WvW Roaming + always got room for 1-3 in Zergs.
    PvE (power/condi/utility)
    PvP in lower brackets

Back in the days it was said that a thief was the bane of a mesmers existance, and i dont think Anet is too fond of giving mesmers more "mobility/utility" so they can replace thieves in that department. (thieves already have a hardtime outside of playing a racing car between uncontested nodes)

They already took a dump on Mesmers in the boongame (not specifically PvP but still), so i dont think thats coming back anytime soon...

Lastly i dont think they want to bulk up a mesmers defence, cc or burst because less reactive players might die of low self-esteem.. .

• Tbh, anyone who complains about any type of Mesmer being too strong in 2019 sounds incredibly out of touch.

• Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭

are you kidding right? buff on mesmer? LOL

• Yoci.2481Yoci.2481 Member ✭✭

And in WvW.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.