Thank you for new Skyscale skin! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Thank you for new Skyscale skin!

Blur.3465Blur.3465 Member ✭✭✭
edited June 11, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I just want to express how happy I am with new Skyscale skin!
I instantly bought it and I don't regret it one bit. The dragon is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Thank you so much ANet, you've made my day from a really gloomy and sad one to an absolutely happy one with this!
I love this dragon so much now!
Amazing artists/designers as always!

<13

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's not quite my thing, but I bought it because I'm pretty certain I can dye it to something neat and it is a cool skin regardless

Now to finish the last collection..

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• VDAC.2137VDAC.2137 Member ✭✭✭

@Blur.3465 said:
    I instantly bought it and I don't regret it one bit. The dragon is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    Thank you so much ANet, you've made my day from a really gloomy and sad one, to an absolutely happy one with this.

Post a screenshot? I’d love to see it! :)

I really like what they did with the base skin, how the one dye channel completely alters it’s appearance. I look forward to see this new skin!

• Blur.3465Blur.3465 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019

@VDAC.2137 said:

@Blur.3465 said:
    Thank you so much ANet, you've made my day from a really gloomy and sad one, to an absolutely happy one with this.

Post a screenshot? I’d love to see it! :)

I really like what they did with the base skin, how the one dye channel completely alters it’s appearance. I look forward to see this new skin!

I can't post a screenshot yet, but I'll share the video from the main site page!

I find it to be beyond beautiful! <3

Beautiful! I must buy it — and work on finally unlocking griffon and skyscale so I can soar and enjoy the beautiful skins I’ve been collecting! :joy:

• Keth.3495Keth.3495 Member ✭✭

Isn't it gorgeous? I haven't even started the Skyscale collection yet, but it gives me something to look forward to!

• Oh my goodness. This is b-e-a-utiful. Shoutout to the mad genius artist who did this.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019

The wing color varies in shade and color based on your viewing angle! It's quite mesmerizing to look at. Keep that in mind when you think that your dye job has a vastly different color to what it should be.

It also has pretty animations!

The idle fire breath animation looks like an icy breath (cannot be dyed). The engage skill also uses blue/white fire!
    You throw a different (glowy) kind of fish mushroom for that feeding animation.
    Beautiful animation where the Skyscale extends its wings in a stretch

Will post screenshots for thpse too.

Edit: Here's an album with 3 those screenshots. I dyed wings in "Rosewood" and the rest Shadow Abyss color (gives it a purple hue on the wings) and will definitely experiment some more.
    https://imgur.com/a/JWmuJVo

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭

This might be a missed opportunity. The casuals and new players don't have the mount yet.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's soo good, kinda makes me grumble about what we got as a stock skin lol. Sorry base model, but you aint no dragon!

• Knuckle Joe.7408Knuckle Joe.7408 Member ✭✭✭

Reminds me of Mizutsune from Monster Hunter

• Memoranda.9386Memoranda.9386 Member ✭✭✭

I instapurchased it. Very lovely and just what I was hoping for.

Also: the skin has a unique mount/unmount animation, and the engage ability is also different from standard model.

@Memoranda.9386 said:
    I instapurchased it. Very lovely and just what I was hoping for.

Also: the skin has a unique mount/unmount animation, and the engage ability is also different from standard model.

Yeah it breathes blue flame, and the circle on the ground appears all flowery and stuff.

I think secretly the designer for this skin is mad that not enough players are equipping Kudzu.

• JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019

I was looking forward to getting a cool skin for my Skyscale but this one isn't my thing. I don't care for the wings mostly and was hoping for something meaner looking. Glad others like it though.

Edit: I just read on Reddit that is has a purple/pink aura to it that can't be changed with dyes. Ugh...

Yknow seriously, all the other skins I got for my other mounts, I still liked the base model, I just wanted different dye channels or particle effects. This skin makes me literally dislike the original Skyscale skin =(

I was ultimately holding out for a Starscale Skyscale, but after looking at this fairy dragon, I don't think I can use the stock Skyscale skin anymore..../cry

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not a fan of the wing pattern, but everything else about it I love so much that I can overlook this "flaw". ;) Beautifully done, a real dragon, yay! <3

@Josiah.2967 said:
    This might be a missed opportunity. The casuals and new players don't have the mount yet.

That isn’t stopping me! I bought two griffon skins and will buy this one even though I don’t have either of those mounts unlocked yet. I know I WILL have them, and it just bumps the priority among all the goals I’m working toward! :lol:

• I was trying to convince myself I don't need a new skin-- but as a sylvari mesmer I just... I just gotta...

Butterfly dragon baby with nature themes??? I feel as though I've been personally targeted and I can't bring myself to be angry about it.

Please stop saying Mesmer is OP-- I'm already being killed left and right over here.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:
    Jumped into our guild hall for a quick screenshot: (base dyes)

What's color no. 3? I can't figure it out and I need a flamey looking one for that, but this particular channel is hard to die properly.

• Vlad Morbius.1759Vlad Morbius.1759 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019

Totally not for me, not a fan of the whole dragonfly look. I really hope they give us another option soon, tired of the one dye alternative i have today! I got it for my wife and she loves it so there's that.

• Ultramex.1506Ultramex.1506 Member ✭✭✭

I just don't like the pattern on it's wing, Gorrik must has injected Dragonfly DNA into my skyscale, everything else looks great.

• TheAgedGnome.7520TheAgedGnome.7520 Member ✭✭✭

I'm nowhere near completing the grind for the Skyscale, but I think I'm going to buy this skin and use it as motivation to finish.

• Nice cross between a fairy dragon and a sea dragon and a kirin! I love it....only...suddenly, after all the times I talked about her looking like she was hit in the face with a cement truck, I miss that sweet, fugly face of the original. I will enjoy this, but looking forward to more reskins, too.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:
    Jumped into our guild hall for a quick screenshot: (base dyes)

What's color no. 3? I can't figure it out and I need a flamey looking one for that, but this particular channel is hard to die properly.

That particular one I just removed all dyes to get the default ones, which are Blue Rose -> Frost Breeze -> Persephone -> Royal Purple going clockwise.

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

edited June 11, 2019

Another colouring for my mesmer this time

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

edited June 11, 2019

@Teratus.2859 said:
    I can't justify buying 2000 gems with cash just for a skin but I absolutely had to have this one.
    I had to blow hundreds of mystic coins and other mats on the TP to get the hundreds of gold I needed.. But I got it :D

The green and red wings worked out really nice there Almost a stained glass effect

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:
    I can't justify buying 2000 gems with cash just for a skin but I absolutely had to have this one.
    I had to blow hundreds of mystic coins and other mats on the TP to get the hundreds of gold I needed.. But I got it :D

The green and red wings worked out really nice there Almost a stained glass effect

Yeah they did ^^
    I'm not usually a fan of excessivly bright colours in Gw2 but they look so good on it's wings ^^

• Arkantos.7460Arkantos.7460 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019

hope they do also some more hunky skins of skyscale ... im not so a fan of weakly looking dragons

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

It's almost as if it's too pretty! I mean sure, on a Female Sylvari light armor wearer, this is a no brainer. But what about my 7 foot male Charr who has skulls for shoulder pads and whose back piece resembles a forge with spears sticking out of it? How do you think he would feel sitting on something so.......shiny....?

• calb.3128calb.3128 Member ✭✭✭

Still working on map currencies but I'm logging in right now to get that skin...

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

It's almost as if it's too pretty! I mean sure, on a Female Sylvari light armor wearer, this is a no brainer. But what about my 7 foot male Charr who has skulls for shoulder pads and whose back piece resembles a forge with spears sticking out of it? How do you think he would feel sitting on something so.......shiny....?

My Norn will continue to use the default skin for now. It just doesn't quite work for big, grizzled looking characters. It's much better suited for humans and sylvari

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019

Very beautiful when dyed with black red orange grey... great job Anet great job I like a lot that skin.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

@PhObLife.8370 said:
    I am trying to match the mount to my armor. Bloodstone Indigo, Fear, Brandstorm and Shadow Violet dyes have been used on the mount.

Wow you just look like a branded soldier, nice look.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• @hugo.4705 said:

@PhObLife.8370 said:
    I am trying to match the mount to my armor. Bloodstone Indigo, Fear, Brandstorm and Shadow Violet dyes have been used on the mount.

Wow you just look like a branded soldier, nice look.

Thank you! :) Yeah that was my goal. ;) Maby if they eventually released a branded version of the skyscale skin it would match even better.

edited June 11, 2019

Got more dyes for my beautiful girl!
    I went with green, gold and red to get that royal feel!
    (Sorry can't post thumbnails yet >> discord links for now!)

gw295.jpg

unknown.png

gw297.jpg

• Taygus.4571Taygus.4571 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019

I sold everything I have ingame... my bank is empty lol and my walllet... I just could not resist this skin.

I think its Anets best yet. It's so pretty.

https://i.postimg.cc/1t3Wzv1v/received-342470876435450.jpg

@Blur.3465 said:

gw295.jpg

unknown.png

gw297.jpg

That is exceptional. Really like those blends. Nice to have things shown which aren't flashy and glowy

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Blur.3465 said:

gw295.jpg

unknown.png

gw297.jpg

That is exceptional. Really like those blends. Nice to have things shown which aren't flashy and glowy

Thank you! ^^
    I really like how these colors turned out!
    Shadow green, Bloody Red and Redemption; if anyone wants to test them out and see how they look!

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭

Faerie dragon. Hmm.

I'll wait for the next one.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

I really like it, especially the new face.
    Unfortunately, being on a fixed income, I just can't afford it. I've been Gold-to-Gems exchanging, but only up to 600 Gems.

Hopefully, it won't be too long until they release other skins; hopefully, they will be nice, as well. (Of course, not as nice as this one.)

• Zoid.2568Zoid.2568 Member ✭✭

Amazing skin!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.