Mark II Golem world boss — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Mark II Golem world boss

Ground targeting is messed up pretty bad during his fight. It wont go onto him, its pushed back a good bit.

New mount skins?! Anet take my money!

Comments

• Lexi.1398Lexi.1398 Member ✭✭✭

Same experience here. It's like there's a zone under him you can only place ground targets on the edge of at closest.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

I had a similar issue with the turrets for the Junundu meta. Perhaps this is impacting all stationary bosses?

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

I saw people reporting it at SB as well

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Max Masteries | 18k AP

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2019

Yep, ground targeting is a mess.. aoe, shades, symbols all now have silly bad blocks around the Golem especially making placing useless.
    Question is.. is this an undocumented change or a bug caused by the placing of the new nodes.. testing would of been useful maybe

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Drecien.4508Drecien.4508 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah I saw it happen on a few other world bosses too.

New mount skins?! Anet take my money!

edited June 11, 2019

Pretty much happening on all WB's -

• If this isn't a bug then at least say something in the patch notes and maybe explain why it's then preferable to have everyone standing toe to toe 111111'ing bosses down now instead.
    • If it is a bug.. at least acknowledge it as one

• CharuStar.4109CharuStar.4109 Member ✭✭
    edited June 12, 2019

Can confirm it is happening on my end too. I really hope this gets fixed because I primarily use my Ele with staff for fights, and staff is mostly ground targeting AOE attacks.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

Did SB, golem and jungle wurm. While the AoEs got pushed off slightly I didn't actually have any problem putting AoEs on any of them ... actually SB seemed completely unchanged.

• This seems like an issue on all the world bosses it seems. Has been driving me crazy!~ <_>

• Locce.8405Locce.8405 Member ✭✭✭

Yep, I noticed my Jaunt skill was all messed up during the fight against the Golem Mk II. Most of the time it did not even do anything which could be because the targeted area was at an invalid teleport location. At first I thought it was just my mouse cursor doing funny stuff, but when I checked with the TacO crosshairs that did not seem to be the case.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

• If this isn't a bug then at least say something in the patch notes and maybe explain why it's then preferable to have everyone standing toe to toe 111111'ing bosses down now instead.

What you mean? it's always been spam 1 key

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • LucianTheAngelic.7054LucianTheAngelic.7054 Member ✭✭✭✭

Happened to me on Deathbrand Shatterer today. I hear it happens in a lot of raids too apparently. This NEEDS a FIX, ASAP.

edited June 14, 2019

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

What you mean? it's always been spam 1 key

Speak for yourself, I prefer to not sit on the golems' knee pressing 1111 and waiting to become a corpse when the leccy spam hits.
    Of course this is not just exclusive to golem, whatever ANET have done, whether intentional or not, it's affected pretty much every WB.. maybe this is an attempt to push 1111 and reduce some of the skill lag complaints.

• Sarpan.9074Sarpan.9074 Member ✭✭✭

My AOE spells seemed pretty wonky in the Teq fight yesterday. It was my first and I'm not sure if that was unusual for that fight. But they definitely targeted differently from normal.

• Belishine.7493Belishine.7493 Member ✭✭✭

befor the boss showed up i could not target the center with aoe as a guardion so i can say only some classes are afected for me on this but other can use aoe like thare is no issue at all its just bugy.

• Had the same issue with the mortar at the Shatterer. I could hit him well enough with it at the head, but even before he showed up part of the area where he lands couldn't have the targeting circle inside it. The circle just stayed in one place until the cursor had moved far enough past the area, then jumped to the other side.

• The same goes for me as well. During yesterday's Tequatl event, the AoE skill I tried using seemed to fall short of reaching its target. It appeared as if there were some kind of barrier, which pushed the skill back. To be honest, I don't recall this ever happening before.

• best is the post in news. 'Some ground targeting skills' on 'some bosses'.

No, it is 'ALL ground targeting skills' on 'ALL bosses'. But they might fix it on Monday. So basically a week to fix a game breaking bug.

Thank goodness it was not a clipping issue on a gemstore outfit....

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.