Spellbreaker Build Help.

I had already posted this in a "Post your build" thread in the warrior forums, but didn't get any feedback, and I think it's inappropriate to pollute that particular forum with more "build" posts, so I'll post it here and hope for the best:

I JUST lvl-80 boosted my warrior, since I had a full set of ascended Marauder's armor/weapons/trinkets/accessories/back laying around and an unused Sunrise just kinda hanging out in my bank. I want to make a PvE DD/GS spellbreaker, this is what I came up with....

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoYRnMdAF7i96CWdAcigFiAD/HnkfyHlhGQzzIAEBGAA

Gear is full Marauder's with Runes of Strength, and Force/Accuracy sigils.

My main question is: I'm taking the Arms line almost exclusively for Dual Wielding. For DD is that a massive damage increase? Or negligible enough so I can drop it for Discipline? Any advice, tips, feedback is appreciated!

Thanks in advance. :)

I'm just going to come out and say it because other people are going to probably be ruder about it, if your going to worry about dps, you probably shouldn't be playing spellbreaker (Berserker has superior dps, but I'm testing out SB, so I can see the appeal) in pve. Marauder's gear is good for survivability but won't have the same output dps wise as someone running berserker's gear (and the dps output on SB full zerk is not great to begin with). You need to focus on what you want. Do you want to survive (plus warrior already has a high health pool) or do you want dps? While Marauder's is good/decent in a competitive setting, it's lackluster in PvE except for open world where dps doesn't really matter. (Plus with mounts, you can literally run in with a Jackal and press 1 to get barrier for a short period of time and have about the same effect as Marauder's). So, while maxing your dps trait wise is your primary concern, I would take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

But all that being said, you can literally run what you want for all I care, the above is just a suggestion. What you have should be fine, but you can always play test both and see which one comes on top. (You can test it on a dps golem in Lion's Arch for example)

SB is a great PSer! It may be better than Power/Zerker PS. It's fun in PvE, underrated BUT - will not beat Condi Warrior DPS. This PS or not, COndi will always be chosen over SB or Power/Zerker. So, I play similar build as you in PvE, open world, lower fractals. It's fun. Dual Weapons in Arms is nice, idk if it amps the DPS up to make it THAT worthwhile but it sure is fun to be that fast. But, until they buff power in general for Warrior, it'll be slighted over.

That all being said, even full zerker gear isn't optimal for SB because it relies heavily on crit rate; assassins/zerker mix is best. Even then, DPS isn't where it should be. BUT hey, if open world, dungeons, or guild run fractal/whatever that will not cry if you go SB is good for you, it's fine. Mara in WvW is more sensible though.

Berserker Warrior with a Greatsword will be way better PS:er than a Spellbreaker Warrior with Daggers - the damage is just too low on Dagger, and you miss out on too many goodies in the Berserker trait line. That's just how it is, unfortunately.

As for gear, I second (or third?) the notion that Marauder isn't worth it. Warriors have a naturally great Health pool to begin with, and going from 19k to 20k isn't worth the loss of the offensive power from a Berserker/Assassin mix.

Have you considered Hammer? It is actually a pretty damn good weapon on Spellbreaker due to it relying on Interrupts - and the Hammer has plenty of it. You can have a lot of fun with it, especially when using:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Severancehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Draining

Archived