API updates - June13 2019 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

API updates - June13 2019

Hello all,

I added some missing content to the API: two home instance nodes, some missing novelties and the latest mount skin.

I have also added a new quests endpoint so you can see all the finer-grained details of the quests available in the game (completing the trio of /v2/stories, /v2/stories/seasons and now /v2/quests)

I also put in a /v2/characters/:id/quests endpoint to let you see all the quests you've completed per character! This also means you can automatically track which paths of the personal story your characters have completed (I hope someone writes an app for it :D)

Recent API Updates

Here is the change in list format:

• /v2/novelties has previously missing data.
  • /v2/mounts/skins has previously missing data.
  • /v2/quests and /v2/characters/:id/quests have been added

Thank you to those who have been pointing out issues with the API. If you notice any more, please let me know

Thanks!
Snider

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Daniel Snider, thank you for all you amazing works ! Can you please update the /v2/mapchest with pof's chest ? Thank you in advance !

• The Holo Kitten is missing (still? or again?) from the API.

And thanks for the continued updates. It's good to be able to see that the API is getting frequent (and useful) attention.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Dear god now all i need is map completion so i can automate my sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sBm8mD5jFOE6Cw2m9_mwbTPkoVrpKWFWR0mwEgDf3vY/edit?usp=sharing)

• PoF chests and other dailies would be great.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Daniel Snider.6241 said:
    I also put in a /v2/characters/:id/quests endpoint to let you see all the quests you've completed per character! This also means you can automatically track which paths of the personal story your characters have completed (I hope someone writes an app for it :D)

OMG Finally! Thanks!

• Sounomi.8503Sounomi.8503 Member ✭✭

That story stuff is a godsend for some things I've always wanted to do!

However, I'm finding that on some characters it's not listing random quests as being completed. So far its only been past the personal story segments so perhaps the repeatable nature of them is messing things up.

• Killerassel.2197Killerassel.2197 Member ✭✭
    edited June 16, 2019

I'm not seeing everything I had completed either.

In an effort to check if this is my code's fault and if I maybe didn't fetch all required information, I tried to read the quests paginated. With 445 of them it is dangerously close to the 500 item page limit when fetching with ids=all. It turns out they are not paginated. (Which broke my code when I tried this, but that really was my fault.)

I suggest making quests?ids=all paginated, because otherwise in a few episodes problems might occur.

• LadyRhonwyn.2501LadyRhonwyn.2501 Member ✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019

@Daniel Snider.6241 said:

I was looking into this, but the problem is, I can't see what order the quests are. If I look at a character that has only done the lvl 10 quests, I get id's 27, 24, 21, 32, 15 and 23 (in that order). The correct order would have been 15, 21, 24, 23, 32 and then 27. The only way I could figure out the real order was by using the wiki. A linked list would be nice!

edit: another option would be to add the quest id in the story, as part of the chapters.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.