Anet relink guy do you account for transferred hours — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Anet relink guy do you account for transferred hours

Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭

What I mean is say 50 players transfer off a server after week 5. Those 50 players put 2500 hours in prior to transfer(an average of 10h ea per week). In re linking do you remove that from the server they transferred from to their new server? Cause if you don't the server they transferred from will be short 2500 hours and the server they transferred to will basically have 2500 extra hours. Since the new re links seem to be based off matching servers close to equal hours in tiers was wondering.

Comments

• enkidu.5937enkidu.5937 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2019

I dont like to disappoint you, but there is no Santa Clause Anet relink guy, its a machine that calculates the re-linking. :3

Since linking seems to be based on population, I guess the hours are also immediatelly "transferred" to the new server. At least the wiki says, that world population is determined by the amount of active players on that world server:

"A Full world is a world with a number of active WvW players above a certain threshold.[5] You cannot transfer to a world that is listed as Full."

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2019

From my understanding of how the population algorithm was described back when implemented, the answer is most likely no.

The population is a rolling average, smoothed out over some period of time (a little over a week?). Those 50 players will eventually affect the server's rolling average, but not immediately.

I said "most likely" though because we do not truly know if Anet uses that rolling average algorithm upon relinks or point-in-time numbers. Also, I think a lot of major movements occur immediately after relinks.

• enkidu.5937enkidu.5937 Member ✭✭✭

@Chaba.5410 said:
    The population is a rolling average, smoothed out over some period of time (a little over a week?). Those 50 players will eventually affect the server's rolling average, but not immediately.

Sure it is about a period of time, maybe smoothed out. But since Anet counts "active player" to determine world polulations it seems to be linked to the player, in the first place. (just guessing, true ;) )

• rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2019

This is why you don't count as server population until the 2 weeks of pip restriction is lifted.

Then the WvW hours start to kick in.

• grouchybhaal.4275grouchybhaal.4275 Member ✭✭
    edited June 15, 2019

kitten, here i was going to write in a wish for "mag4host".... But guess i gotta type it to skynet

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

It was asked but never answered, doubt you will get the answer now either.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

• grouchybhaal.4275grouchybhaal.4275 Member ✭✭
    edited June 15, 2019

@SkyShroud.2865 said:
    It was asked but never answered, doubt you will get the answer now either.

Shiver me timbers, mag has the higher population and more active yet we're not host
    :'(
    Sad panda, really wanted a reply

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

anet needs to be on the level on these issues:

1. population per map
    2. queue of server
    3. main and link

i dont want to guess. :/

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.