Where are the boundaries for "revealed" located? (Potential Taco Overlay)

It's a bit of blurry area I suppose. One could memorise the exact tiles where the cutoff is without taco, just like for 'determined' areas. Dev input would be great. I just poke around and see where I get marked and immediately jump out. After a while you just know exactly what areas are affected.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:It's a bit of blurry area I suppose. One could memorise the exact tiles where the cutoff is without taco, just like for 'determined' areas. Dev input would be great. I just poke around and see where I get marked and immediately jump out. After a while you just know exactly what areas are affected.

I guess what could be done is doing a rough input taco locator to find the center of the tower then put a perfect circle radius, then measure the unit distance and then paste circle markers around it

There was similar post to this about a year ago that showed a taco overlay with multiple range increments indicated.

The post got removed almost instantly by the moderators. Given that it would indeed give you an in-game combat advantage over others who don't use the overlay, it's very much against the TOS.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Dev input would be great.

If you or anyone manage to get an Anet dev to post in this thread, I will mail you 50 gold.Anyway, I use taco for pve map completion. Its neat the first time, but a slog afterwords. I was assured that it was allowed as its an overlay and not a mod. I enjoy being able to put map completion on mental autopilot while I watch anime, or something.I wouldn't be against a feature that outlined anything that would reveal you or put the marked debuff on you. Might make for more strategic sieging with less of the guesswork. I suppose the counterargument would be that that information grants an inherent visual advantage compared to those who don't use the program. But then, the same is true of a lot of the other features in pve.

~ Kovu

Sounds like the OP is a thief that's tired of being spotted/marked by sentries and objectives with the watchtower guild upgrade, and wants a visual representation of the radius making it easier to avoid so he can get around and gank people without being noticed.

That would defeat the purpose of sentries and the watchtower upgrade, wouldn't it? Essentially it would be an advantage having a visual representation of the radius around sentries and objectives because it would make it easier to avoid getting marked by accidentally getting too close.

Besides, it's not hard to figure out on your own how close you can get before being marked if you play WvW enough.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:Sounds like the OP is a thief that's tired of being spotted/marked by sentries and objectives with the watchtower guild upgrade, and wants a visual representation of the radius making it easier to avoid so he can get around and gank people without being noticed.

That would defeat the purpose of sentries and the watchtower upgrade, wouldn't it? Essentially it would be an advantage having a visual representation of the radius around sentries and objectives because it would make it easier to avoid getting marked by accidentally getting too close.

Besides, it's not hard to figure out on your own how close you can get before being marked if you play WvW enough.

wich just means that the already noobier thief will run into it were you wouldnt need them marked to kill em, yet the vets that are an actualy threat dont need it to see the outline. so its not visible to give us an easier time killing noob thieves, while the mechanic doesnt help one bit against better thieves.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:Sounds like the OP is a thief that's tired of being spotted/marked by sentries and objectives with the watchtower guild upgrade, and wants a visual representation of the radius making it easier to avoid so he can get around and gank people without being noticed.

It's not hard to figure out how a thief will play. Just listen for the sound ques. Marked is for noobs. If you play WvW enough it is easy enough to deal with thieves without all the extra training wheels.It goes both ways :)Besides, OP was just asking for some info, no need to start attacking and labeling him.