don't let siege damage siege and get rid of way point contested state — Guild Wars 2 Forums

don't let siege damage siege and get rid of way point contested state

Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think a big problem is that siege can damage siege. this is how all siege wars begin, you cant ram or short range cata so you back off. guess what, they have a balli and maybe even a treb. so you build bubbles... etc. ad infinitum. possibly even revert ac nerfs.

get rid of the stupid contested state for way points. seriously, why should one troll be able to prevent an entire server from way pointing? its lame. no one enjoys this.

Comments

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kovu.7560 said:
    Wait, you want siege to only be useful against players? That's, like, the opposite of what I want. I'd rather siege only damage siege, if you want to damage the players come out and do it yourself instead of standing on an AC (or five) behind a wall. But I'll never get that so meh. =<

so does the scenario I described not happen when you play? that sounds magical. when I used to play it happened all the time. some structures were literally invulnerable without dedicating an hour to siege wars. siege killing siege is the only force behind siege wars, and if I would hazard a guess I would say the majority hate siege wars.

• Eliren.4985Eliren.4985 Member ✭✭

With the way Gates and walls got their hp nerfed I don't see the need to change things as far as siege goes. If you can't afford building 2 shield generators and keep switching bubbles you probably don't deserve to take over the things your trying to break in to :p

• L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭

@Kovu.7560 said:
    Wait, you want siege to only be useful against players? That's, like, the opposite of what I want. I'd rather siege only damage siege, if you want to damage the players come out and do it yourself instead of standing on an AC (or five) behind a wall. But I'll never get that so meh. =<

People have been asking for adjustments to the contesting mechanics for years to avoid the cheesiness of individual players being able to shut down entire waypoints strictly for being within breathing distance of a guard. I agree, but I don't see that changing anytime soon. Perhaps change it so they have to at least kill a guard or two so nearby players have an opportunity to at least potentially respond. I dunno.

~ Kovu

Unfortunatly the 'good defense' means building Infinite ac's on what i see most of the time

• Celsith.2753Celsith.2753 Member ✭✭✭

@Kovu.7560 said:

People have been asking for adjustments to the contesting mechanics for years to avoid the cheesiness of individual players being able to shut down entire waypoints strictly for being within breathing distance of a guard. I agree, but I don't see that changing anytime soon. Perhaps change it so they have to at least kill a guard or two so nearby players have an opportunity to at least potentially respond. I dunno.

~ Kovu

Oh they changed it though Kovu. You used to have to hit the gate to contest. Now you just need to aggro a guard. Not even hit it. Just go by one on your mount.
    Siege should only hit siege imo.

885k+ WvW kills
    Diamond No Life
    [HUNT] Predatory Instinct

@Celsith.2753 said:

so do you disagree with the statement siege killing siege creates siege wars?

• Eliren.4985Eliren.4985 Member ✭✭

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:

~ Kovu

Unfortunatly the 'good defense' means building Infinite ac's on what i see most of the time

It wouldn't be WvW without 20 AC's ;)

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Celsith.2753 said:

so do you disagree with the statement siege killing siege creates siege wars?

Players building siege creates siege wars

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• What is wrong with siege wars? You're bandying that statement around as if it's some kind of insult. Siege is one of the elements that sets WvW apart from PvE. You don't come into a WvW fight with a white, blue, green, or yellow (rare) sword. You have golden (exotic), lavender (ascended), or purple (legendary). And then you get one upped by a machine designed to kill. Siege should be the most devastating thing in the game. Walmart arrow carts ought to make a Rangers bow look like a toy; then Superior or Guild versions even moreso.

So first the enemy has to break through your wall, then they have to pierce your armor, and then they hit you. Conventional weapons can't even damage a wall. Yeah, siege rocks.

Not only that it adds the element of resource management. You can cut off your enemies access to supply in prelude to an attack. It's called strategy. If you just want to smash face go play the PvP option, it's there.

@Nol Fran Shee.1285 said:
    What is wrong with siege wars?

it is totally un-interactive gameplay that 90% of the players can't and don't want to play.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.