Anet, please, do something about the EotM map. Turn it into a new border map

Astrolicus.3716

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:people generally don't like the map, but I don't mind it.

I think a lot of people weren't ready for the vertical style of maps back in the day. Now a days we have gliding and mounts and I think that would further change up that map flow quite a bit. Each keep has unique tactics to employee and plenty of nooks and crannies to allow for interesting fights and escapes too. Really do think it would make an interesting borderland.

Maybe.... Make it

• for toons that are sub level 60. Anyone higher than level 59 aren’t allowed in.
  • give minimal leveling experience.
  • Give limited reward track progress
  • No skirmish track progress

Would give a limited (very limited) introduction to some basic mechanics of WvW (with obvious differences), while allowing people a chance to level their toons there.

It wouldn’t draw toons from WvW as they would be sub level 60 but would possibly create a little interest

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Maybe.... Make it

• for toons that are sub level 60. Anyone higher than level 59 aren’t allowed in.

Would give a limited (very limited) introduction to some basic mechanics of WvW (with obvious differences), while allowing people a chance to level their toons there.

It wouldn’t draw toons from WvW as they would be sub level 60 but would possibly create a little interest

Every single one of those points is an excellent way to have the map see even less play.

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Maybe.... Make it

Every single one of those points is an excellent way to have the map see even
less
play.

~ Kovu

You got me....

I agree with the above.People kept saying they used eotm to level in, so I would suggest some other changes to accommodate.

1. Make a separate version for 1-79 (everyone is still scaled to 80), free to play account restrictions still apply.
  2. Also keep an 80's version since we don't know if overflows would be needed after the alliance revamp in 2026.
  3. The under 80 would be used kind of as a tutorial safe area to not get completely run over by veterans running ascended gear, no level 80's can enter this map.
  4. Give full experience (this is important to make sure people level out of this bracket eventually instead of sitting there farming wxp for ranks on a low level for the account), wxp, and reward track progress but no skirmish progress. Reward tracks can give tomes of knowledge which help with leveling.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:I agree with the above.People kept saying they used eotm to level in, so I would suggest some other changes to accommodate.

1. Make a separate version for 1-79 (everyone is still scaled to 80), free to play account restrictions still apply.
  2. Also keep an 80's version since we don't know if overflows would be needed after the alliance revamp in 2026.

Lol "2026" I think you're being optimistic. XD

On a serious note, I do agree with

@Astrolicus.3716 said:It's a HUGE shame that the map is empty, simply dead. Nobody plays eotm anymore. Would you be happy if they turn it into a new border map?

(fill the empty spaces of the map, include camps, allow mounts / gliders, rework the keeps, etc)

It wouldn't be any more or less as bad as the Desert bl. Sure, it'd take some reprocessing, but it could be fun. (It might actually have strategic value if it generated supply to Desert and Alpine map spawns too)

If you want to attract players add a EotM specific reward track for only EotM and make that the only reward track you can access playing EotM, then add a EotM specific set of gear/skins which can only be bought by EotM dropped map currencies and make those skins purchases require the equipment that are given in the final reward chest of the reward track. Essentially make EotM similar to another LS map.

@XenesisII.1540 said:You guys realize there's a big difference between eotm and borderland maps and even ebg right? You can't just plug eotm in, it would require a lot of rework, work they might as well put to another new map instead.

Of course it would need tons of rework, but at least the frame is there.Personally, I'd be happy with any drastic change that involved adding a new map (even revamping EotM).

You have to let it go...

Ain't nobody ever working on that map again. What is the point? To draw people away from WvW when everyone was complaining that eotm was taking players out of WvW? You can still exploit into towers with certain professions, the items sold by vendors are archaic and abuse LoS, let alone a couple objectives basically being permanent wall destroyer(s). That would require an awful lot of attention to rework... may as well just make an entire new map and do we really want DBL 2.0? Can we trust them?

eotm will stay as it is since it's tied to AP + serves as an overflow map for when WvW has it's queues. I just don't see any point "reworking" something that has long been a debate.. let it rest in it's grave already.

@"Zephyra.4709" said:You have to let it go...

Ain't nobody ever working on that map again. What is the point? To draw people away from WvW when everyone was complaining that eotm was taking players out of WvW? You can still exploit into towers with certain professions, the items sold by vendors are archaic and abuse LoS, let alone a couple objectives basically being permanent wall destroyer(s). That would require an awful lot of attention to rework... may as well just make an entire new map and do we really want DBL 2.0? Can we trust them?

eotm will stay as it is since it's tied to AP + serves as an overflow map for when WvW has it's queues. I just don't see any point "reworking" something that has long been a debate.. let it rest in it's grave already.

With that logic, shouldn't we all just give up on WvW in general? Every point you made can be applied to any of the current maps (archaic vendors, abuse of LoS, and exploits for tower and keeps). Of course "do we really want DBL 2.0" suggests there's a massive problem with DBL in the first place. DBL requires skill to play on. Should it be Red server's home bl? Lol, no make it green's. Still, every time there's something that "probably requires too much work," the default excuse is "well, ANet wont fix it, so I guess to hell with it." Which brings me to my main point, with that attitude, why not just give up on the game?

@XenesisII.1540 said:You guys realize there's a big difference between eotm and borderland maps and even ebg right? You can't just plug eotm in, it would require a lot of rework, work they might as well put to another new map instead.

No, I actually don't see what you mean here and I think I have guessed at it from few directions. Its less biased to a side but there is nothing saying it has to be biased toward any side. The keeps all have their own strengths and weaknesses, so would give the homeside the strongest one to defend and maybe spawn towers at reset but wouldn't see it needing any layout changes, IMO.

@"Zephyra.4709" said:You have to let it go...

What rework? I think most of the people are saying use it are saying as is. Now if it has known mount issues, then yes that would have to be addressed, or if need be, not interested in one but, make it a mountless world. Am on the mount side of things so less desirable there but if it meant one less ABL all for it.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:You guys realize there's a big difference between eotm and borderland maps and even ebg right? You can't just plug eotm in, it would require a lot of rework, work they might as well put to another new map instead.

No, I actually don't see what you mean here and I think I have guessed at it from few directions. Its less biased to a side but there is nothing saying it has to be biased toward any side. The keeps all have their own strengths and weaknesses, so would give the homeside the strongest one to defend and maybe spawn towers at reset but wouldn't see it needing any layout changes, IMO.

Yes borderlands are made to favor the home side. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World#Map-based_differences

But there is a difference in the number of structures therefore an imbalance to points scoring on the map compared to alpine and desert, and for borderland maps they all need to have equal amount of structures and scoring to make it fair for all 3 teams. There is also no blood lust ruins, that would have to be built in.

The map can be plugged in for ebg because it's the same concept and it's equal for all 3 sides in terms of structures, but then you run into the second problem of not having the proper wvw upgrades of structures and guild upgrades. But that could be ignored since it's just the one map and it affects everyone equally.

But how many people are going to be happy about losing ebg for eotm? With no structure or guild upgrades it's going to make it a lot easier for trains to just roll through the map.