Forum link to "Removing Language Restrictions for EU World Linking"-discussion not working

Me too, I don't mind playing with people who don't understand my native language as long as I can play with everyone in my guild soon no matter on wich servers they are :3 (as long they want to play for the same guild as me), but I wanted to read how other people would react to that news.

A lot of mainland Europeans speak English.It's just us in the UK that arent encouraged to learn languages in schools.

We already play with many and this change wont make a difference.

Since they were already designated servers for a specific language, they will stay that way.If this game actually gets new players, they will be able to find out which server is best for their language.

Just like other language speakers have done. for instance greeks, poles, italians, etcThey dont have their own servers, but guilds have formed on certain servers.And since a lot speak English, they just join whichever one they want.

So doesnt matter now, servers like BB will always be the Spanish and Mexican night cap servers.

'Permission Problem' is the forum's (odd) message for whenever a thread has been removed, replaced, locked or moderated in some way.I'm guessing someone forgot to remove the 'lock' on it when the News Blog was released.

It's been reported here in 'Bugs' previously.

Oh, and there's a discussion on it, if interested: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/79712/removing-language-restrictions#latest

@The Ventari Ele.5812 said:A lot of mainland Europeans speak English.It's just us in the UK that arent encouraged to learn languages in schools.Spanish and Mexican night cap servers.

Most people I met in Germany (outside of University, where all the multi-capability brains live) speak horrendously broken English at best.Also, rather than encouraged to learn, you should have forced to learn, that's the way it REALLY is after all.Because you failing a grade or or advancing to year HEAVILY depends on it, it's not even anywhere close to a matter of encouragement.And English lessons already stat in the 5th grade, an age at which MANY (even German children these days) don't even have a somewhat okgrasp on the German language.

On another note, I thought Mexicans play on the U.S.A. servers.

• 2 weeks later...