[PvE OW] Holosmith

Turkeyspit.3965

My Engy normally rolls as a Medi Scrapper for WvW, but I wanted to find a build I could use for OW to do map completes, etc. I tried an OW Flamethrower build (that thread is further down) but I found I didn't care for it. So this weekend I decided to give Holosmith a try, and was very surprised at how fun it was. But I'm having some difficulty deciding on a build. I found that my burst and CC were amazing, but if I took a hit, it would be hard to come back from it.

Here is what I'm looking at for the moment, and would appreciate any feedback: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAsanUUBlIjlXBWIDcJjlJDDs6kdCJ9dwR4JUsZUACAA-jxRBQB4RPAlU/xp7PcFlfL4EAYGlgA4BAQGgqxA-e

I'm not a fan of shield, so have opted for offhand pistol for DPS and boost to Modified Ammunition.

I was using Explosives 2-2-1, but after spending some time in the Desolation, I found I was getting my face melted with conditions and such, so I switched to Alchemy, and here is one thing I'm on the fence about: Do I stick with Elixir U + HGH, or switch to Spectrum Shield + Iron Blooded (which has good synergy with Runes of Fireworks).

Absolutely love Hard Light Arena and its toolbelt. Laser Disc seems like a solid DPS tool, so not sure if I want to change that out.

Any suggestions? I don't think this is something I'll be taking into fractals, but definitely map complete and (melee friendly) meta-play.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I was in the Desolation, and I think those mobs raised the bar on condi bombs. But just in general, looking to improve survivability. I think a lot is L2P while I get used to how this elite works, but in the meantime if I'm eating dirt all the time it's not going to be fun.