New to engineer. Looking for insight.

Serpiente.4510

Hello.

Straight to the point. I'm going for 100% map completion, i have chosen engineer for this endeavor. Scrapper with hammer is a must. Will you guys recommend me a build that fits my needs? Here is what i am looking for:

-Good survivability: I like to solo any champ that comes in my path, so this build has to be able to take a couple of hits.

-Okay damage: I am in no hurry to kill things, but sure, more damage = quicker kill.

-Solo potential: In terms of self buffing, i hear they can have permanent 25 might, fury and quickness? I am not looking for permanent unless possible.

-Debuff removal: I like to cleanse conditions, specially after a mob dies and you get stuck with something also stun break would be nice.

-Helping allies: I like breaking bosses blue bars whenever possible and also buff whoever comes to my aid.

I have found Revenant, Guardian, Warrior, Mesmer, Necro and Ranger can do most of these, i am sure that if engineers can ( in this case, Scrapper) good ol' veterans will have the answer.

Power based would be best since is a hammer build, i will be willing to get whatever type of stats fit the build best. Thank you for reading. ~whispers~ I love you.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCtpidpCmXB0ehF2iCMEPxAQcjixZku5P+nH-jxROQBNV53SV/BA7PIpHAAsuAAOVJYS1BQKgAHaB-e

I) Okay damage : done

II) Self buffing (Perman 25 might, fury & quickness) : donea) +100% boon duration, +150% might durationb) Elixir U + Toss E.U + Applied field : perma quickness.c) Auto-hammer 1/3 & 2/3 + (sharpshooter + sanguine array : 33% to gain might on critical strike) + (elixir U + mass momumtum) + (Hammer(3), rocket charge + mass momumtum) ! 25 mightd) No scope : perma furyYou can use Fried Golden Dumpling for food if you can't maintain 25 might.

III) Debuff removal : donea) Purge gyrob) Light field (purge gyro, mortar(4), flash shell + hammer(3) ) : combo clearc) Superior sigil of cleansing + swap mortar

IV) Helping allies : donea) Purge gyro ... and his friend : purity of purpose (conditions turn into buff)b) Toss Elixir Uc) light field + shredder gyro : combo clear ... and his friend : purity of purpose (conditions turn into buff)d) Water field ( Medic gyro or (F1)Reconstructed field or Mortar(5), Elixir shell) + combo finisher (leap or whirl)

e) Comeback cure : trigger with a) to d)

Good survivability : solo any champ, i don't think so.

Thank you Tsan.6431

This is what i managed to put together before reading your message:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTBVXhlXBupC0ehlJji+vz7A/zy1ciNTBEAA-jRCEQB3VJIAuAAJS1HE+AAsryDmoEbo7PQX1AkrOASBs7wN-e

It caps Boon Duration as well, still struggling to maintain 100% quickness duration (In the starter zones where everything dies in one hit) but i am liking it so far.It's ok if it can't solo champs, i'll just do a quick map completion and skip champs altogether.

It's similar to an old build of mine ... lol except i used to play "grande kit" (and shrapnel instand of "orbital command") for more DPS or "personnal battering ram" for control and not shredder.Shredder gyro can be replace by "elixir gun", (4) & (5) are "elixir" to maximize your HGH.

I think elixir builds are better with holosmith, like this :http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsencTBlXhtbBWIDcJjl0C7bDFAaAihktQVofOWH/jA-jRSBQBOd/hroEbiPAAAcCAokqP9VPQgVe8X1AEsSQSBs7wN-e

Holosmith is definitely better. This is my PvE build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsenUICFJj9dB2IDcJjlKDrPD+BLhjfg0zYRMZEACPA-jxR6ABYdCA0U9nK0DAwDA4j9H8UJYnK/aHgAs1aNAMAtu1tu1tu1tu1tu1RBdWA-e

-going into holoforge will allow you to kill most mobs in seconds, even instantly, depending on the skill you choose.

-between holoforge 3 hitting all 5 targets (remember it hits twice) generating might and stability for each hit and getting 2 attacks of might every second while above 100% heat (even while cooling off, just not after an overheat) you can maintain 25 might permanently. Permanent quickness is achieved by a rotation involving the sword auto chain and sword 3.

-if leaving holoforge above 100% heat, you convert 3 conditions to boons. Combining it with purity of purpose and a sigil of cleansing and you have no shortage of condition removal. The heal is interesting because you can intentionally go berserk in holoforge when you're low on health, activate aed, when you overheat the fatal damage is negated and you receive a massive heal, some condition removal, and shocking aura.

-as for support, not much to go on unfortunately. But the shield has a knock back, stun, and daze x2, and one of the largest launches coupled with a possible burn on the elite. In holoforge you also have a relatively low cooldown aoe knockdown that's a guaranteed critical hit. All of that will knock down a defiance bar quickly. If you really wanted party support, swap rocket boots for elixir gun. That would also give you a source of ranged weakness (does dot to defiance bar), swiftness to allies and cripple to enemies, poison to enemies and condition cleanse to allies (5 targets and 5 allies per cast), pulse heal and light field, and an unblockable blast finisher.