Halloween and Christmas Event Ideas.

Hi guys,This discussion concerns the 2 most beautiful events of guild wars 2.. Halloween and Christmas

Halloween:

• Create a Raid (10 members) as "Secret Lair of the Snowmen". There is already a dungeon, it's true. The dungeon is of the Mad king, the raid could be of the Bloody Prince or Mad Queen (?)
  • Make a "node" (such as spooky quaggan or spooky tree) for the home instance to take trick or treat bag per day.
  • New guild decorations. They can be: Candy corns, spider webs, spiders, pumpkins with other faces, railings such as around the Mystic forge cauldron.

Christmas:

• The most important thing is to move the event to Lion's Arch.It had been done to Divinity's Reach because Lion's Arch was destroyed, now it's over and it can come back. It is easy to decorate.
  • Create an instance like the Mad king Labyrinth. This new "labyrinth" is made with cute doors made of candy cane or gingerbread where enemy toys that drop Christmas presents, candycane, snowflakes and new items (?). I imagined the place such as "open space" with lots of snow, pile of christmas presents, candy canes, snowflakes, gingerbread houses. It would be agood way to get more gifts and more snowflakes.
  • Make a "Node" (pile of snow) for the home instance to take snowflakes like candy corn.
  • New guild decorations. They can be: Giant candy cane, Snow globe as the mystic forge, gingerbread house and man, pile of Christmas gifts.

Re nodes: I don't think they would do the snowflake one, since you already do get some snowflakes from the gifts from the tree. Re the Halloween one, at one point it said somewhere in the wiki that you could get Trick-or-treat bags as an occasional drop from the candy corn node, but that certainly does not seem to be the case in the year and a half I've been mining it. It would be nice if that was added back in.

In any case, I'm sure they want to restrict the available amount of holiday materials to encourage people to take part in the festivals.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Re nodes: I don't think they would do the snowflake one, since you already do get some snowflakes from the gifts from the tree. Re the Halloween one, at one point it said somewhere in the wiki that you could get Trick-or-treat bags as an occasional drop from the candy corn node, but that certainly does not seem to be the case in the year and a half I've been mining it. It would be nice if that was added back in.

In any case, I'm sure they want to restrict the available amount of holiday materials to encourage people to take part in the festivals.

Yes, but the people play during the holidays anyway.Why don't add more content?

@"Masuta.1269" said:Hi guys,This discussion concerns the 2 most beautiful events of guild wars 2.. Halloween and Christmas

Halloween:

• Create a Raid (10 members) as "Secret Lair of the Snowmen". There is already a dungeon, it's true. The dungeon is of the Mad king, the raid could be of the Bloody Prince or Mad Queen (?)
  • Make a "node" (such as spooky quaggan or spooky tree) for the home instance to take trick or treat bag per day.
  • New guild decorations. They can be: Candy corns, spider webs, spiders, pumpkins with other faces, railings such as around the Mystic forge cauldron.

Christmas:

• The most important thing is to move the event to Lion's Arch.It had been done to Divinity's Reach because Lion's Arch was destroyed, now it's over and it can come back. It is easy to decorate.
  • Create an instance like the Mad king Labyrinth. This new "labyrinth" is made with cute doors made of candy cane or gingerbread where enemy toys that drop Christmas presents, candycane, snowflakes and new items (?). I imagined the place such as "open space" with lots of snow, pile of christmas presents, candy canes, snowflakes, gingerbread houses. It would be agood way to get more gifts and more snowflakes.
  • Make a "Node" (pile of snow) for the home instance to take snowflakes like candy corn.
  • New guild decorations. They can be: Giant candy cane, Snow globe as the mystic forge, gingerbread house and man, pile of Christmas gifts.

Ugg no holiday raid please! I'd rather see them bring back old LA for Halloween because the Mad King thinks it has more character and manifested it like all the other stuff he brings forth.

I didn't play during either of them last year so they may have already fixed this, but really my only complaints, about particularly wintersday, is that the games were sometimes really hard to join as you had to spam the entrance until it let you in...And you couldn't really play with friends. Why? I want to be in an instance with people in my party to play with. I'm all for new stuff like raids and things being added, but let me do the activities with the people I want to play with.

Would I get the nodes? Definitely, I try to get all the stuff for my home instance. Do I need them? Not really no. I'll put those up for indifferent.No to raid, don't like that they exist in the first place... I accept it, what with other people liking them and stuff. But I'd prefer them to stay out of the festival stuff.

I'd honestly like to see wintersday back in LA, so can agree to that. I doubt it is likely, but I would definitely love it.Don't want a wintersday "labyrinth" though. I might love farming the kitten out of halloween labyrinth, but the events are meant to feel different from eachother, so it is good they got different types of minigames/farming/instances.

Indifferent to guild decorations. Suppose it would be an alright thing to add more of.

@Zeefa.3915 said:the events are meant to feel different from eachother, so it is good they got different types of minigames/farming/instances.

So much this.

A no for a raid as well (keep festivals accessible to everyone). Optionally introduce an easy version of clock tower next to the current one we have (like Wintersday has 3 difficulties) if possible at all (slowing the poison goo would work so players can stop more and take more pace). I manage to complete the current version but I know many can't. I like that Wintersday is in Divinity and Halloween in LA so that does not need change in my eyes. As for them nodes, we already have home nodes for both festivals.

@"Masuta.1269" said:Secret Lair of the Snowmen is not hard... why don't add halloween raid? (accessible to everyone obv)

there are people who complain because at winterrday there is nothing to do.. why don't add "farm instance"?

Sure Secret Lair of the Snowmen wasn't that hard, but I still only reluctantly did it once and didn't find it overly enjoyable. If they added a halloween one I wouldn't be super upset or angry about it, but I wouldn't play it either and I'd rather they had added something I would actually like (people are selfish like that). Besides theres already a ton of things to do for halloween.

Problem with wintersday is not that there is nothing to do, it has quite a few minigames and instances actually. I can acknowledge that, even if I don't personally enjoy the majority of them. Im certainly not against adding more wintersday activities, but I am against making it even remotely the same labyrinth farm for halloween.

@"Masuta.1269" said:Hi guys,This discussion concerns the 2 most beautiful events of guild wars 2.. Halloween and Christmas

Halloween:

Christmas:

No thanks! I like the way the festivals are. There is no need to change them.

! > @yoni.7015 said:! > > @"Masuta.1269" said:! > > Hi guys,! > > This discussion concerns the 2 most beautiful events of guild wars 2.. Halloween and Christmas! > >! > > Halloween:! > > Create a Raid (10 members) as "Secret Lair of the Snowmen". There is already a dungeon, it's true. The dungeon is of the Mad king, the raid could be of the Bloody Prince or Mad Queen (?)! > > Make a "node" (such as spooky quaggan or spooky tree) for the home instance to take trick or treat bag per day.! > > New guild decorations. They can be: Candy corns, spider webs, spiders, pumpkins with other faces, railings such as around the Mystic forge cauldron.! > >! > > Christmas:! > > The most important thing is to move the event to Lion's Arch.! > > It had been done to Divinity's Reach because Lion's Arch was destroyed, now it's over and it can come back. It is easy to decorate.! > > Create an instance like the Mad king Labyrinth. This new "labyrinth" is made with cute doors made of candy cane or gingerbread where enemy toys that drop Christmas presents, candy! > > cane, snowflakes and new items (?). I imagined the place such as "open space" with lots of snow, pile of christmas presents, candy canes, snowflakes, gingerbread houses. It would be a! > > good way to get more gifts and more snowflakes.! > > Make a "Node" (pile of snow) for the home instance to take snowflakes like candy corn.! > > * New guild decorations. They can be: Giant candy cane, Snow globe as the mystic forge, gingerbread house and man, pile of Christmas gifts.

No thanks! I like the way the festivals are. There is no need to change them.

what is your problem?! xDI don't like the Christmas event as it is, they must add something and "map farm" is good.Now there is Toypocalypse, but you take 20-25 gifts in 1 hour.. it's annoying. You take christmas gifts with karma, but they are 30-40 per day and they are few.Now you farm winter jumping puzzle for gifts, but it's not good.

i want like a super scary halloween event.

something that really freaks me out in gw2 is Mordrem Faolain, she gives me nightmares... and the thought of her catching up to me was giving me anxiety lol. what if they create more freaky things like that? it would be cool.

xmas:secret santa...

from 1 -23 dec, we donate items we dont want to an NPC, on 24th we get something back of the same value and quantity, e.g. if u donate a BLC axe u might get a BLC sword. or we can gift gemstore items and we get gemstore items of the same value in return.

i think it would be fun... though idk if its possible to program something like this.... and imagine if it bugs out like the mystic forge event xDDDDDDD lol....

(wait do ppl open presents on 25th or 24th... idk... i dont celbreate xmas irl... b ut u get the drift)

@Samnang.1879 said:i want like a super scary halloween event.

something that really freaks me out in gw2 is Mordrem Faolain, she gives me nightmares... and the thought of her catching up to me was giving me anxiety lol. what if they create more freaky things like that? it would be cool.

xmas:secret santa...

from 1 -23 dec, we donate items we dont want to an NPC, on 24th we get something back of the same value and quantity, e.g. if u donate a BLC axe u might get a BLC sword. or we can gift gemstore items and we get gemstore items of the same value in return.

i think it would be fun... though idk if its possible to program something like this.... and imagine if it bugs out like the mystic forge event xDDDDDDD lol....

(wait do ppl open presents on 25th or 24th... idk... i dont celbreate xmas irl... b ut u get the drift)

depends on the country. Some open midnight 24th, others the morning of the 25th.

Although I'd appreciate new content during festivals, if anything I'd really really really like to be able to make private instances. I want to be able to organise a guild Mad King's Clocktower race, or play some songs with friends in the Bell Choir Ensemble. Also, there is nothing more frustrating than having to stop for half a minute in Winter Wonderland after trying as many shortcuts as possible just because the presents despawned right before you got to them.

@"Myriada.7580" said:Although I'd appreciate new content during festivals, if anything I'd really really really like to be able to make private instances. I want to be able to organise a guild Mad King's Clocktower race.You can do it in guild hall.Every year I organize a lot of halloween theme games in guild hall, such as: The candles race (you jump on candles one by one without go down), pumpkin hunting, the game of the tombstones, in the arena there is the war "Zombies Vs Paesantry" and "Atmosfear".All you need is imagination :)

All I want is the Rime-Rimmed Mariner's Rebreather effect as an infusion, and effecting skin only, while leaving hair and eyes alone.

Edit: And, no. Not like the Winter's Heart infusion. The contrast in that is so lacking, it doesn't even make you look like you have skin anymore, or any facial detail for that matter.