Should our next specialization be support, condition, or power themed?

Opopanax.1803

I mean, a ranged power dps focused elite would be awesome. The tools to make a warrior support role are there now, they just need to be changed. See my thoughts on other posts about specced warhorns healing and Might Makes Right affecting allies you grant might to as well as yourself. Those two changes alone would make a viable support role for any warrior spec. Imagine Axe/horn + GS in that case.

Pistol/Pistol I guess could fill the role with special 'cartridge' kits. A kit for fire fields, blasts, and burns. Another for poisons, bleeds, and cripples. Another kit for healing, water fields, and more blasts. Add in an elite cartridge kit for AOE CC like an aoe stun, an aoe daze, an aoe knockdown, and such. Yes, that steals engi's thunder somewhat, but different ammo cartridges sound like fun.

I imagine a Pistol/pistol bar being:

Pistol AA: A rapid attack like the ranger shortbow, but without condi at a coefficient of 0.75. 1200 range. 20% chance projectile finisher.Pistol 2: ground targeted blast finisher that hits 5 targets for a coefficient of 2, Ammo count of 2, count recharge of 3 seconds, CD 15 Seconds, high projectile velocity. 1200 rangePistol 3: Ground targeted smoke field that pulses every second for 4 seconds blind(2s) and weakness(4s), cd 15s,1200 rangePistol 4: Ground targeted aoe Daze(2s), coefficient of 1, cd 20s.Pistol 5: Targeted leap like the engi jump shot. in fact just copy past that here lol.

Pistol Burst: Targeted, rounds pierce, 1200 range, coefficient of 2.5 spread across 3 hits. Projectile finisher. Not a channel, does not self root.

Most of the power would be in the AA and Pistol 2. And yes, I did say smoke fields with a warrior.

@RedShark.9548 said:Gimme a spear (just add a staff skin that looks like a spear) and let me throw it at people, while getting an elite shout and maybe other new support options (gw1 paragon style)

This way we get a new ranged option AND better support

Well, pistol main-hand can do the job of a javelin.But all in all, ANet could just replace the offensive main-hand core bursts by support bursts that make use of the off-hand instead. Add some shining wings when you cast them and call them shout, chorus, aria or whatever. And here we go, GW1's paragon in a GW2's outfit.

I want to see a very support focused spec that also offers a lot of splashing heals, so that shout warrior can rise again. It's a bit lacking since shouts can only do so much, but if we had some weapon skills and a utility heal for allies that would be really fun imo.

Logically, it should be support spec. Healing warrior is not very fitting for warrior in general imo, but if it looks cool, I don't mind. I would prefer tank role, but something that can't be paired with banners (for obvious reasons).

If it won't be support spec, then I would prefer medium range power dps, either spear, dual pistols, maybe melee staff with some nice mobility/gap closers.

I really really really! want the warriors next spec to have Pistol x Pistol . and revolve around support / summons.

Warrior does not have a 1h mid ranged weapon,Warrior does not have summonsWarrior does not have a viable pure support build (might doesnt count)

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Ultramex.1506 said:Warrior, to me, is
the only class that doesn't have pure support
, other build alway mix dps, require you to hit enemy to grant boons.

But that's just false...? :DNot that I'd have anything against a support warrior if the concept was interesting and fitting though.

Perhaps I said it wrong, I just feel that spellbreaker is mostly dps and shouts are less effective than other classes in healing and boons, banners aren't that great in wvw (especially when zerg keep moving around) I'd love to see more support skill/spec for warrior

When we look at the gen 2 Elite-Specs we see, that most of them provide two or three different roles.For the next Warrior e-spec it could be similar, separated by upper/mid/lower traits.For example:Upper: Support allies with boons or weaken enemies with debuffs (weakness, vulnerability, criple etc.)Mid: Healing or Barrier for alliesDown: Range attack boost (+x% dmg when range > 600 for example or add 300 range to all range weapon attacks). With a one handed mid-range weapon (i.e. pistol). This also could give us some nice options for rifle or longbow.

@Sobx.1758 said:

But that's just false...? :DNot that I'd have anything against a support warrior if the concept was interesting and fitting though.

I think the new support e-spec should not depends heavily on a new range weapon. So it should still be a melee and offensive dependent supporter, somehow benefiting from aggressive play style. (A bit like old ps warrior was.)

@Rettan.9603 said:When we look at the gen 2 Elite-Specs we see, that most of them provide two or three different roles.For the next Warrior e-spec it could be similar, separated by upper/mid/lower traits.For example:Upper: Support allies with boons or weaken enemies with debuffs (weakness, vulnerability, criple etc.)Mid: Healing or Barrier for alliesDown: Range attack boost (+x% dmg when range > 600 for example or add 300 range to all range weapon attacks). With a one handed mid-range weapon (i.e. pistol). This also could give us some nice options for rifle or longbow.

I think the new support e-spec should not depends heavily on a new range weapon. So it should still be a melee and offensive dependent supporter, somehow benefiting from aggressive play style. (A bit like old ps warrior was.)

Mainhand shield then? With 2-shields we should be called Juggernaut

@Ultramex.1506 said:

@Rettan.9603 said:When we look at the gen 2 Elite-Specs we see, that most of them provide two or three different roles.For the next Warrior e-spec it could be similar, separated by upper/mid/lower traits.For example:Upper: Support allies with boons or weaken enemies with debuffs (weakness, vulnerability, criple etc.)Mid: Healing or Barrier for alliesDown: Range attack boost (+x% dmg when range > 600 for example or add 300 range to all range weapon attacks). With a one handed mid-range weapon (i.e. pistol). This also could give us some nice options for rifle or longbow.

Mainhand shield then? With 2-shields we should be called Juggernaut

Oh plz not :-( i really don't like the idea of main hand shield.My intention was a bit different: it is okay to have pistol as main hand weapon (or fancy scepter), but it should be optional, like torch or dagger on Berserker and Spellbreaker are. Not required like staff is for Druid, or shield for Chronomancer. (To be fair, they are not hardly required, but it is a waste not to use them.)

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:Gimme a spear (just add a staff skin that looks like a spear) and let me throw it at people, while getting an elite shout and maybe other new support options (gw1 paragon style)

Well, pistol main-hand can do the job of a javelin.But all in all, ANet could just replace the offensive main-hand core bursts by support bursts that make use of the off-hand instead. Add some shining wings when you cast them and call them shout, chorus, aria or whatever. And here we go, GW1's paragon in a GW2's outfit.

Pistol a javelin? I dont rly see it.I revoke staff as spear, because its 2handed, we already have 2 2handed ranged wapond (and our only ones)Make it scepter, so we can dualwield spear and shield like a true paragon

@RedShark.9548 said:

Pistol a javelin? I dont rly see it.I revoke staff as spear, because its 2handed, we already have 2 2handed ranged wapond (and our only ones)Make it scepter, so we can dualwield spear and shield like a true paragon

Funny idea i think: shining wings when we use our Arias (whatever) and we throw fancy javelins of light (

) with our new scepter :-)

Absolutely no more warrior like... but could be interesting.

@Rettan.9603 said:

Funny idea i think: shining wings when we use our Arias (whatever) and we throw fancy javelins of light (

Sounds like a GREAT Guardian spec though.

There is great possibility for support elite since, berserker(this needs more streamlining and work) and spellbreaker cover power and condition output well but are shoehorned into semi support role, so a true support could fix their issues. Also it may come with fix to some trait lines like arms (this needs work to see its true purpose,cause being the core condition line but not really is not really working) and tactics , which doesn't synergies that much with anything so an elite that flows with it would be good.I'm thinking about is more Martial oriented Monk or Romance of the Three Kingdoms Warlord like Guan Yu (depends on what flair they want to go with) with polearms ( rebrand on staffs with more poleaxe, spear and halberd skins) , the polearm should compete with GS for mobility but with more defense and group support and not much damage, mostly leaps (with vertical movement) area denial, areal blocks, boon support or heal and cleanse and cc. Mantras for utility skills still concentrated in group defense that scales on number of people given that support so if you give x amount of people buffs it increases the buffs x amount of times in second pulse.

@Rettan.9603 said:

Noo, we take a scepter with a pointy end and throw it... No magic stuffWood and steel, thrown at the enemies face, or stomach, idc.The only magic involved is how we somehow have an infinite supply to throw.The rest are moralizing or demoralizing shouts that dont necessary have to heal, but support somehow.

The winged magical spear throwing guy we already have in dragonhunter