World boss spawn events in WvW

Add random world boss spawn events on every map in WvW at random timings and locations.

World Boss will move and Attack the nearest tower or keep and is able to destroy walls and gates and kill lord and take over a structure, unless it is killed.

A huge ping on the map with announcement to alert players whenever a World Boss spawns.

World Boss can be tagged by any server and players will be rewarded with varying amounts of loot based on the proportion of combined damage dealt by their server.

Server that does the most combined damage gets rewarded with a short unique buff depending on the type of World Boss killed.

If World Boss takes over a structure without being killed, structure becomes owned by neutral party and does not contribute to the war score.

A ring occupied by a World Boss cannot be contested. So defenders will preferably have to stop the World Boss before the Lord dies. The Lord can still be ressed though.

World Boss will have increased likelihood of spawning near structure owned by server with higher pop at the time of spawn.

This will aid servers with lower pop to Attack higher pop servers. They can harass the defenders with smaller numbers and prevent them from killing the world boss successfully.

Stop the damn pve things in wvw ....And another thing that I am 99% sure would happen if such thing was added isServer: World boss about to spawn.Team chat: "LAAAG"Server: A world boss have appeared at "random location" defeat it to claim "random thing"People getting disconnect or are massively lagging.

Don't focus too much on pve things in wvw please, thank you.

We also don't need to get attention of pve players, whenever they make their pve things in wvw we see them pve changes defenders and they play for little amount of time to get something from wvw and then go to pve, maybe one player stay from the pve players who comes and see wvw, but we lose many wvw players due to these changes, and we don't want to lose more players.

We do not even need votes for this, votes can't even be taken seriously.

I usto like the idea (based on my like of Alterac Valley back in the WoW days)

But thinking on it for WvW, i just don't think it would be a good idea. The thing that makes Alterac Valley different from WvW, is that Alterac was built in a linear fashion. There was only one path one could travel, and that was north or south...It was very difficult to avoid enemies when trying to traverse from one side of the map to the other...and It was actually very good in forcing engagements and rubberband style "tug of war" conflicts, in which the deeper you push into enemy territory, the closer you were to the enemy spawn, which made it harder to push into enemy territory and gave the enemy a higher and higher advantage which sets the stage for mounting a defense.

That was BEFORE people realized they could just ignore engagement with each other all together (by not attacking) and charge to the end and see which side was able to kill the defender boss faster....omega lul

Anyway, wvw is in many ways like Alterac valley, but just built in a non-linear fashion, which gives it more of a "war campaign" style in comparison to Alterac's "Battle of the Bulge" style. Because it has this war campaign style, High octane engagements are shorter on the order of seconds to minutes, and minutes to hours are spent trying to see where the enemy is, or what they plan to do next. Alterac's high octane engagements were on the order of HOURS, and the time spent realizing what their plan is was non-existant, because people already know where the enemy will move next since they only have one place to go.

So it made sense to have world boss spawns to up the ante of these high octane battles in Alterac. For WvW i just don't see it actually playing out the same way since wvw is just designed for a different play style.

@"Heartpains.7312" said:Stop the kitten pve things in wvw ....And another thing that I am 99% sure would happen if such thing was added isServer: World boss about to spawn.Team chat: "LAAAG"Server: A world boss have appeared at "random location" defeat it to claim "random thing"People getting disconnect or are massively lagging.

Don't focus too much on pve things in wvw please, thank you.

We also don't need to get attention of pve players, whenever they make their pve things in wvw we see them pve changes defenders and they play for little amount of time to get something from wvw and then go to pve, maybe one player stay from the pve players who comes and see wvw, but we lose many wvw players due to these changes, and we don't want to lose more players.

We do not even need votes for this, votes can't even be taken seriously.

Then shall we bring WvW to PvE Open World...?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/80110/shall-we-introduce-open-world-pvp-to-pve-maps

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:I usto like the idea (based on my like of Alterac Valley back in the WoW days)

But thinking on it for WvW, i just don't think it would be a good idea. The thing that makes Alterac Valley different from WvW, is that Alterac was built in a linear fashion. There was only one path one could travel, and that was north or south...It was very difficult to avoid enemies when trying to traverse from one side of the map to the other...and It was actually very good in forcing engagements and rubberband style "tug of war" conflicts, in which the deeper you push into enemy territory, the closer you were to the enemy spawn, which made it harder to push into enemy territory and gave the enemy a higher and higher advantage which sets the stage for mounting a defense.

That was BEFORE people realized they could just ignore engagement with each other all together (by not attacking) and charge to the end and see which side was able to kill the defender boss faster....omega lul

Anyway, wvw is in many ways like Alterac valley, but just built in a non-linear fashion, which gives it more of a "war campaign" style in comparison to Alterac's "Battle of the Bulge" style. Because it has this war campaign style, High octane engagements are shorter on the order of seconds to minutes, and minutes to hours are spent trying to see where the enemy is, or what they plan to do next. Alterac's high octane engagements were on the order of HOURS, and the time spent realizing what their plan is was non-existant, because people already know where the enemy will move next since they only have one place to go.

So it made sense to have world boss spawns to up the ante of these high octane battles in Alterac. For WvW i just don't see it actually playing out the same way since wvw is just designed for a different play style.

I dont feel WvW is anything like Old AV besides the general RvR elements. None of the NPCs in WvW are threatening and can easily be zerged down even with a gang of enemy players right there fighting the zerg. Old AV NPCs could one shot, especially special units that you summoned. There were lots of task to do as well. Blizzard nerfed it in TBC and its never been the same since. Turned into a zerg fest when i last played it years ago. Kind of like WvW in that aspect i guess.

WvW is meant more for a player versus player experience. But that said I have found a PvPvE game mode fun in other games. Take Destiny 2 as an example, in a Gambit you are playing against the other side directly and indirectly as you contest with AI elements. To me we already have some of this in EB and it does create contention which leads to more fights which is the point of WvW. Some event to trigger a conflict between multiple sides. In this sense this is similar. Why do we have PPT, to create a conflict to trigger a fight. Why not all PPK, because without something to focus an area to trigger a fight it would all be spawn camping or people not having a place to go trigger a fight. Even in SPvP we have things to take because you need a place for the fight to focus. This is kind of similar in idea, so wouldn't brand it as much PvE as another thing to trigger a fight. IMO.

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:I usto like the idea (based on my like of Alterac Valley back in the WoW days)That was BEFORE people realized they could just ignore engagement with each other all together (by not attacking) and charge to the end and see which side was able to kill the defender boss faster....omega lul

A lot of the perceived "problems" in WvW can be summed up like this. Player/Community choice.