Improve obsidian sanctum rewards. Bring people back to this map.

Doug.4930

Not really much to add apart from the title. Obsidian Sanctum is one of the more challenging jumping puzzles in the game, and Its featured on the same menu as all the BL's and EBG. Yet barely anybody ever goes there. Why make the effort of completing such a challenging jumping puzzle for no decent reward?

Maybe add memory's of battle to the final chest? Or Skirmish tickets? Proof of heroics maybe? Or Grand master mark shards? Just something that makes it worth it.Also seen suggestions for having a node or point at the top of the obsidian sanctum that gives the server that owns it PPT.

I don't know It would just be nice if Anet did something with the OS so people would actually go there.

@Doug.4930 said:

@Bristingr.5034 said:The JP in OS takes like 5 minutes to burn through. The puzzle is pretty easy...

Easy for people who know how to do it, not easy for players who don't. But are you implying you're happy with the OS being dead?

Lets not forget all the traps you can pull to troll players from other team but luckily, that place is empty when i've done it

@Dhemize.8649 said:It's nothing more than an easy guild mission that allows you to portal others to the chest. Great for tiny guilds as there's no minimum party required.

I remember the days of trolling others in the dark room back when it had more traffic. Lol

Which is why it can't hurt to add something halfway decent to the end chest. Like memory's of battle or proof of heroics etc

@Dhemize.8649 said:It's nothing more than an easy guild mission that allows you to portal others to the chest. Great for tiny guilds as there's no minimum party required.

I remember the days of trolling others in the dark room back when it had more traffic. Lol

nah mate... sit at the top of the arena and knock people back to the start with Banish

depending on match ups that place could be a blast.. sometimes entire guilds were protecting server mates or killing pugs in there.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The rewards are comparable to other jumping puzzles.

I may be out of date with my jumping puzzles, but as far as length variety and difficulty, the OS is pretty high up there. Besides its a WvW jumping puzzle, surely it would be a good idea to reward its completion with decent WvW rewards?> @joneirikb.7506 said:

Or put it on megaserver, it's the one map that could benefit from it.

This is a really good idea.

@"spectrito.8513" said:I dont see a reason to make better rewards in OS or any other WvW map.People are already playing WvW like SW.

WvW lacks PvP not rewards.

Essentially the entire community is becoming more and more loot-centric over the years, so at this point most think that the only way to get others to do things is give them loot. So a lot of people genuinely things "more loot = more people willing to play the game mode, or at least tolerate it".

Essentially, a 100 man zerg capping camps for daily, and run away from a single roamer. Because you get no rewards from that!

@spectrito.8513 said:I dont see a reason to make better rewards in OS or any other WvW map.People are already playing WvW like SW.

Well if you have any other suggestions on how to get people to return to that map or WvW in general that doesn't include more rewards I'd be delighted to hear them.

@Doug.4930 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:I dont see a reason to make better rewards in OS or any other WvW map.People are already playing WvW like SW.

Well if you have any other suggestions on how to get people to return to that map or WvW in general that doesn't include more rewards I'd be delighted to hear them.

They could remove server lock in OS, but since nothing is stopping anyone from doing the JP why would Anet bother with it ?

Also OS JP already has more incentives than other JP's as its also a guild mission.If you like JP's there are many of them outside WvW.WvW has enough PvE already.

Why would it be pve? I see it more as a pvp area for small combat, somewhere roamers can go to have some fun. I remember back in the days OS was exciting to do because you would always encounter fights while doing it.I hope anet does something cool with OS in the future.

@spectrito.8513 said:

They could remove server lock in OS, but since nothing is stopping anyone from doing the JP why would Anet bother with it ?

Because nothing may be stopping people from doing it, but there is nothing to get people to do it. Again I think WvW rewards added to the end chest would breath some life back into the map.

Also OS JP already has more incentives than other JP's as its also a guild mission.If you like JP's there are many of them outside WvW.WvW has enough PvE already.

Believe me I hate PvE in WvW, but the obsidian sanctum when it had people doing the puzzle was not PvE. Some of the most exciting fights I've had have happened in the obsidian sanctum.

It actually is sad to see this map pretty empty. When I returned to the game 2-3 weeks ago (stopped end of 2013) I saw the queues on some core WvW maps. And there on Obsidian Sanctum not a single other player. Yeah: Nice for a solo guild to do a mission there - just did that yesterday.

But this map felt a bit like in between WvW, PvW and PvP. A bit bigger then PvP and you could have your PvE equipment ... and do nice small group stuff fighting each other. I'd say: We need more like this. (Then again that other small map that is intened for players waiting for Borderlands or EB seems to be pretty empty as well - and I guess that map wanted to make somthing I previously saw in OS when people where still active - with additional objectives to cap even.)

Such medium sized skirmishes where medium sized teams need to do team play (instead of zerging) ... definitely something I'm missing. As I played a game in the past where 10-20 player teams where normal. (Instead of huge zerg in WvW or small maps and 5 vs 5 in PvP which doesn't even need much teamplay when players can just look for a 3 on 1 situations ... on small maps it os possible while easils running around from cap point to cap point still deffing them without having players spread permanently over the map staying near a point.)

Something liked that should exist for PvP (normalized equip) but for WvW as well. Needs to be fun ... and rewarding for players that don't play for fun. Or players that play for fun but get bad feeling when they know "there is more rewards just next door ... why can't I just have fun ..." then stopping and playinf for rewards in the end.

Yes, fill this map. I enjoyed being blocked from getting to the top by two gankers that wouldn't let me through for four hours. After four hours they stepped aside. I got a bit miffed. Told them next time they spend four hours blocking, they might as well keep doing it for the next four hours for wasting everyone's time. Hey...remember when siege was allowed in there, and they built 15 ac's at the top of the well, and nobody could get to the top because the amount of ac damage was killing everyone. Fun days.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:Yes, fill this map. I enjoyed being blocked from getting to the top by two gankers that wouldn't let me through for four hours. After four hours they stepped aside. I got a bit miffed. Told them next time they spend four hours blocking, they might as well keep doing it for the next four hours for wasting everyone's time. Hey...remember when siege was allowed in there, and they built 15 ac's at the top of the well, and nobody could get to the top because the amount of ac damage was killing everyone. Fun days.

Well siege in the OS was pretty lame, but the pvp was fun. Nothing for satisfying than killing a bunch of gankers camping the top.

Maybe this map should removed out of wvw....BUT (dont shoot me yet)Used it for what it was orginally offset for.. GvG, let guilds access it from tyria and set it up similar to the special forces training area with a menu similar to the pvp arena from the guild halls.

Maybe even through in something like the rank match tournament set up from the actual pvp?

Do have some fond memories of some gvgs there when they first seperated it from ebg.

OS is a fun map, just needs incentive to play, and a reason to play it. Should be a roamers paradise. Maybe some ruin capture points that contribute to home BL supply delivery if in control (ie per tick generation), reward track progress enabled and some shrines to bring activity quickly to ded areas. Finally a race for the jumping puzzle. Make it a worthwhile waiting area for wvw proper

OS is just a place for GvGs nowadays.

Guild Mission rewards are minimal to irrelevant nowUpgrading normal Siege to Superior is non existent now

Sure changing the rewards may entice a few people back, but it will just be a place for GvG's

Someone suggested earlier to make OS a megaserver which actually could work and be great though this will just ruin EoTM and OS itself will fill-up incredibly quickly

@neven.3785 said:OS is a fun map, just needs incentive to play, and a reason to play it. Should be a roamers paradise. Maybe some ruin capture points that contribute to home BL supply delivery if in control (ie per tick generation), reward track progress enabled and some shrines to bring activity quickly to ded areas. Finally a race for the jumping puzzle. Make it a worthwhile waiting area for wvw proper

Yea maybe adding a ruin or something to the top could work.

@Shifty.4985 said:OS is just a place for GvGs nowadays.

Guild Mission rewards are minimal to irrelevant nowUpgrading normal Siege to Superior is non existent now

Sure changing the rewards may entice a few people back, but it will just be a place for GvG's

Someone suggested earlier to make OS a megaserver which actually could work and be great though this will just ruin EoTM and OS itself will fill-up incredibly quickly

Ruin EoTM? You mean that thriving map thats currently full of players? hahahaWould have made a thread about bringing people back to EoTM but its already been done.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Dhemize.8649" said:It's nothing more than an easy guild mission that allows you to portal others to the chest. Great for tiny guilds as there's no minimum party required.

nah mate... sit at the top of the arena and knock people back to the start with Banish

depending on match ups that place could be a blast.. sometimes entire guilds were protecting server mates or killing pugs in there.

I remember when you could even build siege on that damn thing... Oh, the dark days...

mXgNKv6.jpg