PvP Manifesto..... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

PvP Manifesto..... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited June 21, 2019 in PVP
  1. A little more interaction with the crowd. Acknowledge that you are tracking the hot 5-10k view 300-400 reply topics. They are a STRONG indication of reality in terms of the game's enjoyment.
  2. Make Djinn normal rotation. It should pop up about as frequently as any map, or preferably spirit watch level frequency.
  3. No human being plays 3k matches a season. Those are bots; case closed. Terminate those accounts.
  4. Reduce the amount of pips for losing in ranked or make it zero. This can be negated by try-harding and getting within a threshold of score (no 500-20, but maybe 500-350+)
  5. Add a duel arena to the pvp lobby. This way players can duel at their leisure. There can be an audience, it won’t interfere with pve content, and no interruptions from ffa players. It should be in the lobby somewhere because sometimes you don’t know you want a hamburger until you drive by In-N-Out.
  6. New armors or weapons should have the same level 100 (or greater requirements) as mistforged if they are not going to be leaderboard or tourney earned. Give that grind to those guys who wanted to grind for something.
  7. Time to release the swiss, or on-demand tourneys. Be cool if you could make a version with a gvg leaderboard.
  8. Stop making bunkers. Stop making one-shots. No need to compensate for nerfs, you are nerfing and that’s the point.
  9. Remove decay for those not on the leaderboard. Sometimes people don’t care about being the best and they just want a badge, let them have that. OR, make the badge reflect the actual rating and the decay only effects leaderboard position.
  10. Please remove the podiums with the trollish dances on the end of the match. Showing the stats is fine, but the way this is implemented is so toxic. You are supposed to lead by example and this just….
  11. Dont' let players see the top stats of other players. They don’t need that information; it has no impact on them. You say you don’t want us to name and shame but showing the stats of others is SHAMING. Players will flame and belittle each other even when it’s unwarranted, or they were they problem themselves.
  12. Increase the rewards for those who finish in the top spots on the leaderboard and in higher ratings drastically. Perhaps they earn a little more now but make it quite a bit more rewarding to tryhard, then giving minimum effort.
  13. Change the titles each season. Change the reward each season. If they are unique each time, the best may be less likely to want to “help” others if they even do that. When you have this “it’s okay, I already got it” mentality, players are going to go.
  14. GvG should really be a thing. You develop it one time greatly, and it will be one of your strongest assets when the PVE content is in development versus release. Make it rewarding, and players will come to it. Yeah the top spots might be dominated by the same guilds, but that is normal. Perks of being the best.
  15. Smaller balance patches faster intervals.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comments

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭

@Crab Fear.1624 said:
    1. A little more interaction with the crowd. Acknowledge that you are tracking the hot 5-10k view 300-400 reply topics. They are a STRONG indication of reality in terms of the game's enjoyment.

Yesssss

1. Make Djinn normal rotation. It should pop up about as frequently as any map, or preferably spirit watch level frequency.
    2. No human being plays 3k matches a season. Those are bots; case closed. Terminate those accounts.
    3. Reduce the amount of pips for losing in ranked or make it zero. This can be negated by try-harding and getting within a threshold of score (no 500-20, but maybe 500-350+)
    4. Add a duel arena to the pvp lobby. This way players can duel at their leisure. There can be an audience, it won’t interfere with pve content, and no interruptions from ffa players. It should be in the lobby somewhere because sometimes you don’t know you want a hamburger until you drive by In-N-Out.
    5. New armors or weapons should have the same level 100 (or greater requirements) as mistforged if they are not going to be leaderboard or tourney earned. Give that grind to those guys who wanted to grind for something.
    6. Time to release the swiss, or on-demand tourneys. Be cool if you could make a version with a gvg leaderboard.
    7. Stop making bunkers. Stop making one-shots. No need to compensate for nerfs, you are nerfing and that’s the point.
    8. Remove decay for those not on the leaderboard. Sometimes people don’t care about being the best and they just want a badge, let them have that. OR, make the badge reflect the actual rating and the decay only effects leaderboard position.
    9. Please remove the podiums with the trollish dances on the end of the match. Showing the stats is fine, but the way this is implemented is so toxic. You are supposed to lead by example and this just….

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is toxic.

1. Dont' let players see the top stats of other players. They don’t need that information; it has no impact on them. You say you don’t want us to name and shame but showing the stats of others is SHAMING. Players will flame and belittle each other even when it’s unwarranted, or they were they problem themselves.

This is accurate. Top stats provide absolutely zero value except to feed trolls.

1. Increase the rewards for those who finish in the top spots and in higher ratings drastically. Perhaps they earn a little more now but make it quite a bit more rewarding to tryhard, then giving minimum effort.
    2. Change the titles each season. Change the reward each season. If they are unique each time, the best may be less likely to want to “help” others if they even do that. When you have this “it’s okay, I already got it” mentality, players are going to go.
    3. GvG should really be a thing. You develop it one time greatly, and it will be one of your strongest assets when the PVE content is in development versus release. Make it rewarding, and players will come to it. Yeah the top spots might be dominated by the same guilds, but that is normal. Perks of being the best.
    4. Smaller balance patches faster intervals.

This last one is super important. I pretty much agree with everything you said, good post!

No longer playing the game due to PvP being abandon.

• @Crab Fear.1624 said:
    10. Please remove the podiums with the trollish dances on the end of the match. Showing the stats is fine, but the way this is implemented is so toxic. You are supposed to lead by example and this just….

This^^^^ xD

• Gamble.4580Gamble.4580 Member ✭✭✭

Good post apart from not looseing decay for tag only players.. idk why but this bugs me

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

Think I agree with most if not all of it.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Mbelch.9028Mbelch.9028 Member ✭✭✭✭

Agree with everything. Good job mate.

• toxic.3648toxic.3648 Member ✭✭✭

probably one of the most lvl headed posts ive seen in a while . GG dud ^^

Toxicity Pengu to the rescue /o/

• SoulSlavocracy.4902SoulSlavocracy.4902 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2019

YES.
    YES.
    YES.
    Slow clap worthy.

| Solemn [PAL][shrd][wHo][DoM][BOZ] |
    | Wrath of God Staff Weaver Part II |
    | Fire Weaver Isn't Unfair You Just Need To Understand It |
    | Wrath of God Staff Weaver Part III |
    | Ex-Anvil Rock (RIP) |
    | NSP (main) | CD (alt) |

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭

@Crab Fear.1624 said:
    4. Reduce the amount of pips for losing in ranked or make it zero. This can be negated by try-harding and getting within a threshold of score (no 500-20, but maybe 500-350+)

Yep they should remove the pips for losing outright and increase the pips for winning or reduce the amount required for chest to compensate the statistical difference they have for how much games you have to do to get all of chests.
    Also they should rework the rank point gain/loss so it doesn't swing so much up and down.

• bluri.2653bluri.2653 Member ✭✭✭

Haha :D good topix

www.twitch.tv/sindrener - Rank 55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression

• It is a good topic for what it’s about

• It is a good topic for what it’s about

• Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭

Let's join the train, nice thread you got there OP.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

who cares about interaction just make good changes.

you don't know till you know, ya know.

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

I agree with everything except 10.

I feel that the winners should be able to /moon towards the screen while standing on the podium.

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

Good list, mate. I don't care about 10 enough to have an opinion but if that's something people find irritating, I'm up for it.

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

better solution: add default dance

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭

this is a great post... only if arena net cared about pvp :/

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Yannir.4132 said:
    Good list, mate. I don't care about 10 enough to have an opinion but if that's something people find irritating, I'm up for it.

It's all about arguing about 10.

At the least they should make the defeated players in a downstate position rather a dead position. And then the people on the podiums can jump off the podiums and begin to DPS them as they lay there.

• Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭

I'd love to have a decent matchmaking where it doesnt assemble a team of silvers/gold players against plats for instance. I'd rather wait in queue for 7minutes and get a decent game than wait for 2min and get these stomps.

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

I disagree at point 11.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2019

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:
    I disagree at point 11.

Alternatively the could show some kind of grand total in team participation.

Maybe it could be something like this:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53443/new-scoreboard

It would show more impact.

You can be second place in every top stat but receive no recognition.

Let's assume that top stats are everything, then the second place guy has more value than the guy who got only 1 top stat and dead last in everything else.

The game is not just revives, or just rotate, or just defend, or just kill, or just capture points, or just heal.

Doing one thing well in one of those could mean maybe you did just a little more than the guy doing everything he could to help the team win.

If you have 45% of the teams kills, and I have 42%, you really didnt make that much more of an impact based on those figures alone, but you will get a badge.

My hard work and effort is unacknowledged.

You see that I got nothing, but in reality I was almost as useful as the guy who got all the shinies.

So, why do you disagree?

You need to see mine? They should show you how much of a difference in scores there really were then.

Because if they added scores or team participation, then your tops stats might lose value.

Because if they added the team participation in each category as points, I may not take any tops stats, but I may be way more valuable of a player that the guy with top this or top that.

I am not saying you are wrong or that I am right. I just want to get your point of view since I have just stated mine.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

The top stats are misleading but I don't think that they're intended to be viewed as anything more than fun statistics. Although it did take me some time to realize this when I was a new player.

• Top stats are a joke and should not be shown to reduce toxicity, bragging rights (you got all top stats so your team is garbage [likely scenario: you were in a teamfight all game and the team was too weak to win])

• Bear.9568Bear.9568 Member ✭✭✭

@Crab Fear.1624 said:
    sometimes you don’t know you want a hamburger until you drive by In-N-Out.

Truth

• Gamble.4580Gamble.4580 Member ✭✭✭

No they just need to add top rank for “most steps in match” as that will show who really is playing the game. Easily done to get top stats if you are playing “red is dead” gameplay. But hard to give that up playing map control but that’s how games are won in end.

• Qori.9671Qori.9671 Member ✭✭

If they increase the rewards for top stats it will sadly make things worse , people going for rewards will make poor choices just to get more rewards. You can get top stats doing all kinds of things that are really not helping your team win. Like when you have 3 people standing on home at the start just to cap and get credit lol.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Qori.9671 said:
    If they increase the rewards for top stats it will sadly make things worse , people going for rewards will make poor choices just to get more rewards. You can get top stats doing all kinds of things that are really not helping your team win. Like when you have 3 people standing on home at the start just to cap and get credit lol.

Sorry. I mean top spots on the leaderboard. I am editing for clarification.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• o7 Great post, good representation

Only change i'd make is to point 12. Rather than for top stats, maybe have it be determined by your personal performance and overall contribution to your team's damage, healing, offense/defense etc. Some of these stats should be tweaked slightly, like decaps/full caps giving much more offense contribution.

It's all for the sake of fairness. Thief will probably never get top stats, side-noders like Soulbeast, Holo, Scrapper have a pretty easy time getting every single one, and Firebrand is always going to get top healing/revives.

Overall I think this captures a good chunk of things everyone or nearly everyone would like to see added/fixed. There's still a lot more to cover, but i'm sure you'd rather not have a 100 point long manifesto.

Remove Ranked DuoQ pls&ty

• Abraxxus.8971Abraxxus.8971 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2019

Number 8 is by far the one that needs to happen the most.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.