[Question] About Krytian Ministry

nakasar.5192

Hi!

I am looking for information about what happened to the Krytian Ministry after its suspension from episode "Head of the Snake".I have found several hints from the story after this episode, especially the instance "Where's Balthazar":

• "Countess Anise: Well, the Ministry Guard is dousing them. Talk to Legate Minister Wi about their bail.", Anise said.
  • "Well. The queen gave Father Caudecus's old job. He's now legate minister. We're all very proud of him.", Valette said.

It looks like the PNJ in the ministry of Divinity's Reach were added some dialog lines.

But I am in need of a concrete proof about the rehabilitation of the Ministry. Has anyone some clue on this?

The Ministry has since been reactivated, though all the white mantle/separatist ministers have been arrested, killed, or fled into hiding.

What is PNJ?

The main thing we know is the Ministry went through a violent purge during the white mantle attack, and then afterwords did heavy investigations into it's members. It's slowly started to be reactivated, but now the Krytan government in united, instead of split and bickering.

With most of their leadership gone, I'd imagine any White Mantle left in the Ministry would abandon the White Mantle and try to assimilate back into normal society. Like the kitten that weren't found after WW2. Past mistakes may still come back to haunt them but for now the White Mantle has been weeded out.

Edit: Didn't realize that the word for a party member of a certain german past political party was a bad word.

@Yannir.4132 said:With most of their leadership gone, I'd imagine any White Mantle left in the Ministry would abandon the White Mantle and try to assimilate back into normal society. Like the kitten that weren't found after WW2. Past mistakes may still come back to haunt them but for now the White Mantle has been weeded out.

Edit: Didn't realize that the word for a party member of a certain german past political party was a bad word.

Any White Mantle aligned Ministers likely attacked the loyalist ones and Jennah when the entire White Mantle army assaulted Divinity's Reach. Some escaped (We see a few at Caudecus's manor as we assault it IIRC), but were likely killed or captured. If they weren't, they are in deep hiding. The White Mantle lost all it's funding (Because of Balthazar stealing their gold and slaughtering all the mantle who followed his disguised form), and lost their entire remaining forces outside DR. Unlike the last time, the leadership was destroyed, their funds depleted and their hideouts already cleared, with the surviving ones falling into chaos (We see the one we visit with Livia had started turning on each other, trying to use bloodstone to regain control of the lower ranks who wanted to simply flee or surrender).

@hugo.4705 said:Just, PNJ = NPC, it's just the term in french. Also I guess they did an investigation, removing white mantle threats.

Ah, thanks! :)

There was some discussion about how long that suspension lasted, or if it was perhaps only a ploy to smoke out the White Mantle and never actually happened. See https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/Queen-Jennah-TyrantThere was a Reddit AMA about the episode around then (first half of 2017 I think) but I don't think it covered the suspension. There is also this from the next episode patch notes https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-May-2-2017 but while I recall posting the question on the actual status of the Ministry at the time since it affected RP, I can't find that post or any ANet response.