[Suggestion] Outnumbered boons that help defend

raykor.6723

The current Outnumbered boons do nothing to help address the fact that you are outnumbered. It happens almost every night—one side has a lot of people online while another server is mostly sleeping and the enemy takes everything. Improve the boons so that they help the outnumbered side defend their facilities. Absolutely NOT anything that changes a player's health or damage, nothing like that. Perhaps just increase the health of the walls and gates. Perhaps give any siege deployed within the area of an owned facility more health and damage. Again, just something to let the outnumbered side have some chance to defend their facilities during the late hours.

I had a similar idea years ago, called Commander Mastery, that would basically give your squad, siege, NPCs a slight buff depending on if you were outnumbered, as well as other things. Turns out the best thing to do when you're outnumbered is to sit on an arrow cart until the gate opens then you die with the Lord. At least you tried.

Sit on an arrow cart then run away. :)

I wouldn't want to give squad members any buffs because I think that buffs on players can be exploited. I would like strictly facility buffs (walls, gates, guards, siege) to help you defending what you already own.

When a server is outnumbered, the enemy dolyak's go mad for a brief moment unless their server starts feeding them treats regularly. Enemy dolyaks may also contest own objectives or pummel gates. This keeps everyone on their toes and gives a chance for smaller force to hit objectives. Respect your dollies!