Any Warclaw Balance in the near future ??

Hadi.3167

Warclaws really have changed WvW gameplay mechanics drastically since release. Are we expecting a balance soon? Would really love to see them at least have a dismount ability. And at least a cast time when trying to mount up to prevent people from Breaking Combat and mounting up instantly to use Superior Battle maul to instant stomp people. One of the most annoying mechanics added to WvW other than being marked by a Tower or a sentry for 5 years has to be , being stomped by a random Warclaw mid fight. Gives literally no reaction time. I suggest if Warclaws going to exist at least make it balanced. People constantly running from spawn in less than 1 second after being killed already in a fight again is ridiculous.

Just some SUGGESTIONS:

1. Warclaw battle maul dismounts
  2. 2 dodges instead of 3
  3. Chain pull has 600 range dismount skill at expense of 10 supplies
  4. 2000-3000 health instead of 10000
  5. Mounts not effected by Runes (I.E Durability runes / Damage runes / Barrier runes)
  6. Mounts have cast time to mount up
  7. if mount dies it goes on temporary cool down
  8. Cant mount up after recently dying and returning to spawn / being resurrected. (20 second CD)

@"Sazukikrah.5036" said:One of the most annoying mechanics added to WvW other than being marked by a Tower or a sentry for 5 years has to be , being stomped by a random Warclaw mid fight. Gives literally no reaction time.

So let me quote you on something else too:

One of my favorite events is the No downstate week. So fun to cleave past people , and the fights seem so much more tense.

Yet apparently being stomped by a random warclaw "mid fight" (ie when you would obviously be downed) is an issue because it gives no reaction time... hm.

Did you change your opinion on downstate?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Sazukikrah.5036" said:One of the most annoying mechanics added to WvW other than being marked by a Tower or a sentry for 5 years has to be , being stomped by a random Warclaw mid fight. Gives literally no reaction time.

One of my favorite events is the No downstate week. So fun to cleave past people , and the fights seem so much more tense.

Yet apparently being stomped by a random warclaw "mid fight" (ie when you would obviously be
downed
) is an issue because it gives no reaction time... hm.

Devil's Advocate:With no-downed state, you fight outnumbered, you down one, they're dead. 1 less enemy for you. With warclaw stomp, you fight outnumbered, you down one, you have to finish. You get downed while while trying to finish/deplete the obscenely high downed state HP, their allies warclaw stomp you, the one you downed get revived, you gain nothing.

I am constantly amazed at people that can't, or won't, adapt to a new thing being added to a game mode. A game mode that everyone grinches and moans about how stale it's become. I hated the idea of mounts in WvW. They are a fact of life now, and I have adapted to it. There are aspects to mounts I kind of enjoy even as I still feel they don't really belong.

The only constant is change. Adapt or don't it's your choice.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Yet apparently being stomped by a random warclaw "mid fight" (ie when you would obviously be
downed

You do realize that was an event right? That lasted what? Maybe a week? Thats why it was fun... Its not fun if its constant and forces people to play a certain way when the game mode was not like that for the previous 5 years... Opinions change constantly too? So im wrong for changing an opinion? Besides warclaw is only available for players who have POF, the event was available to EVERYONE .. No f2p or HoT owner can have the warclaw stomp ( mastery needed ofc) which makes downstate week more fun and balanced than a 3 jump 10k health pool murder bot.

Which ones? Cause im sure mounts affected by runes was not intended... Players with durability runes have 12k health at times and runes still proc which means mount gets reduced damage as well

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:None of your nonsense ideas will be added. After months of mount whiners there is a thread that if you paid any attention at all or even scrolled down 8 posts you would be aware.

None of them? So durabilty runes working with mount is appropriate? I figured you didnt even read anything i wrote and just assumed its another Warclaw bashing post. This is a more sensible and reasonable approach to make WvW experience at ease.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

downed

Yeah that's the thing about no downed state, it's only amazing when it's you doing the killing but it feelsbad when you are the one dying without a chance at a rally.

Assume OP is a double melee warrior and I can appreciate the frustration of not being able to dismount players to kill them short of changing build. Also people can respawn back on top of you REALLY fast regardless of the build because the wp they return from is obviously in their own territory, hence faster mount speed. Idk why he complaining about people breaking combat just to warclaw stomp though, I would hardly call that instant.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:None of your nonsense ideas will be added. After months of mount whiners there is a thread that if you paid any attention at all or even scrolled down 8 posts you would be aware.

None of them? So durabilty runes working with mount is appropriate? I figured you didnt even read anything i wrote and just assumed its another Warclaw bashing post. This is a more sensible and reasonable approach to make WvW experience at ease.

I read it. Nonsense. Like take reduce hp to 2k/3k. That's like 2 aa of my axe on necro followed by a stunned axe 2 ded player or rapid fire would be instant ded player. You want everything nerfed. Theres already a 5 sec cd on remounting but now you want an annoying cast time too. You want to force 20 sec walks before mounting if you die. You want dismount on maul and a projectile to dismount too which will be added. All of this for what? To force more gank opportunities. More fites on your terms. Only guessing your reasoning cuz no idea. Take longer to get everywhere and back to fight. Sure the runes could make sense but surrounded by 7 nonsense ideas i ignored it as well.Warclaw is the most unskillful thing added to WvW. If you are fighting outnumbered Warclaw makes it so you can never win most of the time because they either have someone sitting on their warclaw the whole fight waiting for a stomp or they run back from spawn for the 10th time and get a random stomp. Also mounts dont even work in WvW the maps are way too small and it just promotes mindless zerging. The only class that can dismount right now is Soulbeast every other class has to waste every Cooldown on 10-12k hp on Warclaw. Sure you might get a dismount but then you just die or have to run away because you have to use all of your abilities.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

downed

One helps the outnumber, other helps the outnumbered. How your comment has 4 likes idek, it is pretty obvious.

@Apollo.7819 said:

Warclaw is the most unskillful thing added to WvW. If you are fighting outnumbered Warclaw makes it so you can never win most of the time because they either have someone sitting on their warclaw the whole fight waiting for a stomp or they run back from spawn for the 10th time and get a random stomp. Also mounts dont even work in WvW the maps are way too small and it just promotes mindless zerging. The only class that can dismount right now is Soulbeast every other class has to waste every Cooldown on 10-12k hp on Warclaw. Sure you might get a dismount but then you just die or have to run away because you have to use all of your abilities.

I dunno, I've been dismounted by a gunflame warrior out of no where and he put up really good fights after the fact. Soulbeast isn't the only build that can dismount a player off mounts, it's just the easiest.

@Karnasis.6892 said:

Warclaw is the most unskillful thing added to WvW. If you are fighting outnumbered Warclaw makes it so you can never win most of the time because they either have someone sitting on their warclaw the whole fight waiting for a stomp or they run back from spawn for the 10th time and get a random stomp. Also mounts dont even work in WvW the maps are way too small and it just promotes mindless zerging. The only class that can dismount right now is Soulbeast every other class has to waste every Cooldown on 10-12k hp on Warclaw. Sure you might get a dismount but then you just die or have to run away because you have to use all of your abilities.

I dunno, I've been dismounted by a gunflame warrior out of no where and he put up really good fights after the fact. Soulbeast isn't the only build that can dismount a player off mounts, it's just the easiest.

First of all Gunflame is busted on Berserker but you have 3 dodges if you cant dodge a single gunflame idk what to tell you.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

I read it. Nonsense. Like take reduce hp to 2k/3k. That's like 2 aa of my axe on necro followed by a stunned axe 2 ded player or rapid fire would be instant ded player. You want everything nerfed. Theres already a 5 sec cd on remounting but now you want an annoying cast time too. You want to force 20 sec walks before mounting if you die. You want dismount on maul and a projectile to dismount too which will be added. All of this for what? To force more gank opportunities. More fites on your terms. Only guessing your reasoning cuz no idea. Take longer to get everywhere and back to fight. Sure the runes could make sense but surrounded by 7 nonsense ideas i ignored it as well.Warclaw is the most unskillful thing added to WvW. If you are fighting outnumbered Warclaw makes it so you can never win most of the time because they either have someone sitting on their warclaw the whole fight waiting for a stomp or they run back from spawn for the 10th time and get a random stomp. Also mounts dont even work in WvW the maps are way too small and it just promotes mindless zerging. The only class that can dismount right now is Soulbeast every other class has to waste every Cooldown on 10-12k hp on Warclaw. Sure you might get a dismount but then you just die or have to run away because you have to use all of your abilities.

Rather someone sit on their mount waiting for me to get downed then you know actually hitting me the entire time. You are supposed to lose outnumbered most of the time anyway even pre mounts. Sure people get back to that camp and call for help more which is more fights you know what players said they wanted. If I lose a cap or stop a cap that's more fun then killing all npc's no fights and moving to next camp. Zergs aren't new since mounts. And no the only class isn't just SB but yeah they have the easiest time. Most of the time you see players attack the mounted enemy while they got their 3 leaps instead of baiting and counting leaps then dismount and burst like I can with axe 2 900 rng on necro. So many more fights now if you actually know how to hit M and look for contested objects or trails of camps/sentrys taken and cut them off instead of running around like a fool thinking the map is empty.

no one with a brain is going to get dismounted by only a necro Axe doesnt do 10-12k damage that fast

@Apollo.7819 said:

Rather someone sit on their mount waiting for me to get downed then you know actually hitting me the entire time. You are supposed to lose outnumbered most of the time anyway even pre mounts. Sure people get back to that camp and call for help more which is more fights you know what players said they wanted. If I lose a cap or stop a cap that's more fun then killing all npc's no fights and moving to next camp. Zergs aren't new since mounts. And no the only class isn't just SB but yeah they have the easiest time. Most of the time you see players attack the mounted enemy while they got their 3 leaps instead of baiting and counting leaps then dismount and burst like I can with axe 2 900 rng on necro. So many more fights now if you actually know how to hit M and look for contested objects or trails of camps/sentrys taken and cut them off instead of running around like a fool thinking the map is empty.

no one with a brain is going to get dismounted by only a necro Axe doesnt do 10-12k damage that fast

Also getting zerged down repeatedly isnt the fights anyone was asking for. Fighting for a camp people always run back from spawn 10 times until a zerg shows up then you are forced to run away. Also Anet is so out of touch they said in the past that Warclaw made players more likely to stay on tag always. instead what it has done is cause a zerg to chase you across the map until a ranger eventually dismounts you or have 10 people run off the Zerg just to kill a solo player.

@Karnasis.6892 said:

One helps the outnumber, other helps the outnumbered. How your comment has 4 likes idek, it is pretty obvious.

Honestly both help the outnumber more then the outnumbered, however at least with no downstate the outnumbered have a chance of doing something to the folks outnumbering them.

Yes that is what i said, no downstate helps the outnumbered while warclaw stomp helps just the outnumber, so disliking both downstate and warclaw stomp is valid.

At least we can agree on something for once :v

@Apollo.7819 said:

Also getting zerged down repeatedly isnt the fights anyone was asking for. Fighting for a camp people always run back from spawn 10 times until a zerg shows up then you are forced to run away. Also Anet is so out of touch they said in the past that Warclaw made players more likely to stay on tag always. instead what it has done is cause a zerg to chase you across the map until a ranger eventually dismounts you or have 10 people run off the Zerg just to kill a solo player.

This is why i think OP's points are very reasonable, the mount CD after dying too, to prevent this from happening.

They need to be focusing on alliances and scrap all this other stuff. This is the reason alliances are gonna take 50 million years to finish up. Why did they even bring mounts into wvw when they have barely any devs working on the gamemode as you can tell when the gamemode barely gets any updates. You could say "they want skin money" they can't even release skins to make money off the mounts other than the one pack they released which was a limited offer lol. What a mess.

@spectrito.8513 said:

why none of his nonsense ideas will be added ?Thats Anet favorite kind of ideas =)

One of anets favorite thing to do is read up on complaints and do exactly the opposite of what's been suggested.

@Anput.4620 said:Yes that is what i said, no downstate helps the outnumbered while warclaw stomp helps just the outnumber, so disliking both downstate and warclaw stomp is valid.Too bad the warclaw stomp have absolutely nothing to do with being outnumbered or outnumbering the enemy.

This is a case of a typical case of a mechanic that helps me is GOOD and when it's working against me it's UNBALANCED.

@Kaiser.9873 said:I am constantly amazed at people that can't, or won't, adapt to a new thing being added to a game mode. A game mode that everyone grinches and moans about how stale it's become. I hated the idea of mounts in WvW. They are a fact of life now, and I have adapted to it. There are aspects to mounts I kind of enjoy even as I still feel they don't really belong.

The only constant is change. Adapt or don't it's your choice.

Hilarious imbalance and stale gameplay are not mutually exclusive, and adding things to contribute only further to one or the other or both does not signify any improvement.

Warclaw by its sheer existence dials up what made the backbone of the playerbase who left the game mode in the first place to 11.

@"hunkamania.7561" said:They need to be focusing on alliances and scrap all this other stuff. This is the reason alliances are gonna take 50 million years to finish up. Why did they even bring mounts into wvw when they have barely any devs working on the gamemode as you can tell when the gamemode barely gets any updates. You could say "they want skin money" they can't even release skins to make money off the mounts other than the one pack they released which was a limited offer lol. What a mess.

I highly doubt Alliances will happen. For Alliances to work and not be terrible they will have to make WAY bigger maps even bigger than Desert BL. They will also have to setup whole new servers because they are taking 24 servers and compressing it down to 3. Also they will have to increase the WvW Population limit by a lot or WvW will always have massive Qs. And right now i doubt the servers are stable enough to hold all of those people based on how low the Population limit is now. Plus not to mention even on a good computer I get like 10 fps when the blobs get big so imagine that by like 10 fold.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Anput.4620 said:Yes that is what i said, no downstate helps the outnumbered while warclaw stomp helps just the outnumber, so disliking both downstate and warclaw stomp is valid.Too bad the warclaw stomp have absolutely nothing to do with being outnumbered or outnumbering the enemy.

This is a case of a typical case of
a mechanic that helps me is GOOD and when it's working against me it's UNBALANCED

But warclaw always benefits the same parties, the ones that outnumber or want to disengage.