Something strange is happening with necro's minion

Eros.6801

Just yesterday i was doing bounties with my friends then something really caught my attention when a random reaper joined in the phrase. From the outside he just look like any ordinary MM reaper but the strangest thing is tho he was having all 7 minions up including blood fiend, 2 bone minions, shadow fiend, bone fiend and golem up he still able to use full "Shout" set. I literally saw and heard the sound efx of him casting "Chilled to the Bone", "Your Soul is Mine", "Suffer" etc.

Is this even possible ? Because non of my friend and me were a necro he was the only one around, i tried to whisper and ask him but no answer then vanished right after the fight's over. I also took some screenshots but my friend said that can't proves anything since he look just like a normal MM.

So basically what i saw back there was a necro running full dps utility while still having all minion up to protect him.

The most likely explanation was another necro being in close enough proximity to hear their shouts. I know at least some of the bounties are in areas with lots of enemies and other events going on so they could have been near enough for a time but engaged with something else.

• Yes i confirmed the glitch, i hope anet will fix it soon, those was taken by phone so the quality is kinda bad.
  • As you can see i can freely use another set of skill without losing any minion, tho this was in city but all minion can fight normally but you can't just use any of minion's utility.

88TmehB.jpg

1QBPQ3d.jpg

@Eros.6801 said:I think i've figured it out and already reported this, it's a glitch that has something to do with mount system. This glitch is quite a broken one, not tested in WvW yet but as long as you can use mount its there.

Yeah I figured it out last night. It works in WvW as well. I took a camp and killed Vet Warg to verify that they do attack. Overall it's a minor exploit since minions are made of paper machet anyway, but I'm glad you reported it.

I hope you reported how exactly it's done.I can think of some ways, but I don't even want to try that out. Even though this might make Condi scourge in raids (w5-7) a little bit more viable xD

But I'm hoping for a balance patch soon. And don't want to exploit such things...

Edit: yep. Extremely easy to replicate.

Next patch:"We've felt that minion needed a push in their interaction with death nova and that it made using their active skill non-attractive. Minions now have a limited life span that depend on the minion.

• Minions now lose X amount of health every 3s.
  • Taste of death no longer destroy the blood fiend.
  • Putrid explosion now also create a jagged horror.
  • Reduced rigor mortis CD to 30s."

How to disguise a nerf into a buff 101.

@Josiah.2967 said:Don't even joke about that. That would ruin Minions. There would be no point.

Which is why I don't get why people clamour for changes to minions all the time. Anet has often disappointed players with changes to the way certain skills work, in an attempt to please those clamouring. Yes it may seem defeatist, but minions are fine as they are for what they do best (especially Blood Fiend and Flesh Golem - never change please).

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Next patch:"We've felt that minion needed a push in their interaction with death nova and that it made using their active skill non-attractive. Minions now have a limited life span that depend on the minion.

• Taste of death no longer destroy the blood fiend.
  • Putrid explosion now also create a jagged horror.
  • Reduced rigor mortis CD to 30s."

Don't even joke about that!

Minions are one of the main reasons I play and love the Necromancer class, a change like that would utterly ruin the class for me, not to mention one of my favourite builds and my only t4 fractal character.Funny enough the main reason I report every single MM Necro Afk farmer I see is because I fear exactly that kind of change to Necro minions xD

As for this bug, I wasn't aware of it until now but I assume it's done by mounting up with minions out and changing your utility skills in the Hero pannel thus when you dismount minions respawneven though their skills are no longer equipped.I havent tested it myself but I expect that's how it works.Nice bug find OP, hopefully Anet will have this patched out asap.. this sort of bug is highly abusive and godknows if it applies to traits and other things too..

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@Eros.6801 said:I think i've figured it out and already reported this, it's a glitch that has something to do with mount system. This glitch is quite a broken one, not tested in WvW yet but as long as you can use mount its there.

Yeah I figured it out last night. It works in WvW as well. I took a camp and killed Vet Warg to verify that they do attack. Overall it's a minor exploit since minions are made of paper machet anyway, but I'm glad you reported it.

You can also use greatsword on core Necro via exploit.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

I once made a Scourge with Death shroud for fun :PRequires only unlocking Torch and equipping the Scourge line without unlocking the shade traits.Boom, torch Necro with Death shroud :)downside is you sacrifice a whole trait line but it's funny knowing it's possible lol

@Teratus.2859 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Next patch:"We've felt that minion needed a push in their interaction with
death nova
and that it made using their active skill non-attractive. Minions now have a limited life span that depend on the minion.
  • Taste of death
    no longer destroy the blood fiend.
  • Putrid explosion
    now also create a jagged horror.
  • Reduced
    rigor mortis
    CD to 30s."

Don't even joke about that!

Minions are one of the main reasons I play and love the Necromancer class, a change like that would utterly ruin the class for me, not to mention one of my favourite builds and my only t4 fractal character.Funny enough the main reason I report every single MM Necro Afk farmer I see is because I fear exactly that kind of change to Necro minions xD

As for this bug, I wasn't aware of it until now but I assume it's done by mounting up with minions out and changing your utility skills in the Hero pannel thus when you dismount minions respawneven though their skills are no longer equipped.I havent tested it myself but I expect that's how it works.Nice bug find OP, hopefully Anet will have this patched out asap.. this sort of bug is highly abusive and godknows if it applies to traits and other things too..

I know it's not fun but I've come to realize that when an issue like that arise ANet always chose a solution that is what we wouldn't want to see even in our worst nightmare. GW1 minions weren't "permanent" nor did ANet wanted them to be permanent, in a way what I wrote is a logical developpement for minion's skills especially since we see thread about them being UP again and again. After what they did to ranger's spirit I think a mount bug would be enough of a wake up call for them to start butchering necromancer's minions.

Anyway, It's also important to remember that the forum chart is against the "advertisment" of In game bug exploit and this thread indirectly do that. These kind of bugs have to be reported in the bug subforum or, directly in game.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

I once made a Scourge with Death shroud for fun :PRequires only unlocking Torch and equipping the Scourge line without unlocking the shade traits.Boom, torch Necro with Death shroud :)downside is you sacrifice a whole trait line but it's funny knowing it's possible lol

Yep, similar deal for Greatsword on core. You lose some trait benefits but it's kind of worth the trade off really.

This has been doable for quite some time now. I haven't put it to extensive use but, it was fun to play with for a little while. I do hope ANet fixes this eventually but I'm not going to report it either, lol.