What is the average ping of Australians playing in NA?

avg 220 on a good day, usually avg around 300, I'm with Optus cable, but also on their adsl before, cable is slightly better, but not a lot... really depends on the quality of the routes the ISP purchased, ISPs like TPG would have purchased 'economy routes' via europe mainland

Telstra people may have better pings, i heard Telstra routes directly to US rather than the commonly used cheaper routing centre via europe... hence why most OCE players were unable to connect during the HoT prelaunch event for couple of days, there was an outage at a routing centre in europe, hence people still able to connect via VPN that went through the pacific usc

@Anatolian Turk.4057 said:As the title say, im from Sydney and I am currently playing on desolation an EU server and my average ping is around 450. I am wondering how my the ping would be if i was going to play in a NA server?

Big mistake picking an EU server there op.NA has lower ping for Aus players.I get 230-280ms......threeway smc (wvw) can be tough, that when it becomes unplayable for me.If you want, just make a test free account on NA for yourself.

@Anatolian Turk.4057 said:Which server in NA has a lot of Australians?

Well unless you play a lot in wvw then it doesn't really matter because of mega servers, but if you like to wvw, AR has a decent aus pop, not hard to get a small/medium sized squad in the evenings if you tag up or ask if there is a running tag, I believe TC has a decent amount as well around the same time, least from experience of dealing with them at the moment lol, I am sure there are others that other people will mention as well, but those are the two that come to mind for me anyways.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Anatolian Turk.4057 said:As the title say, im from Sydney and I am currently playing on desolation an EU server and my average ping is around 450. I am wondering how my the ping would be if i was going to play in a NA server?

Big mistake picking an EU server there op.NA has lower ping for Aus players.I get 230-280ms......threeway smc (wvw) can be tough, that when it becomes unplayable for me.If you want, just make a test free account on NA for yourself.

you dont even need 3 way fight, just 1 on 1 massive zerg groups is enough to experience unplayable... i can see the other zerg running around spamming skills, yet i dont see my skills getting executed and movements really reflected on server side, you just die without landing a single hit; feels as if the server is treating incoming OCE connection as 2nd class

even in PvE, just enough people spamming skills, either the first set of wbs or if a wb is daily will start experience skill lag

Telstra, Brisbane. I miss my old location/home, I used to sit at solid 245. Since moving to the hinterland... I've always had the following:

PvE: 280-300PvP: ~300WvW: ~310 or when lag hits it can be 400-600 spikes at times but returns to normal after a while

Hope that gives you some insight.