The sea dragon and ley-lines "research"

hugo.4705

Recently I went to the guild hall and wondered when looking at the globe of whispers, which are those locations? great ley line energies? So luckily when performing some researchs even on reddit, I found the map of the globe uploaded by that_shaman. I compared it with our current world map to find out where those spots are. Research and annotations that you can find on the picture bellow. Sorry for the size but it's the whole planet!

DWXfdzf.png

So I took a second base to transcribe all that data on a more conventional 2D format like our map: (again that_shaman due to the beautiful reliefs of the map)

eGfSQ1z.jpg

Indeed, I think that the elder dragons are following a specific ley-line network.For kralkatorrik; The one passing through all mountains in direction of the crystal desert so the branded scar on our map. (That map is older, the scar isn't correct)Mordry the one coming from woodlands cascades and moving toward the grove. Zhaitan is following the same but it started from the bottom.Primordy: The south one leading to amber Bay. Jormag isn't following anything or at the north of the northern point in shiverpeaks.Steeve; Hehe outside of the map! At the left for me. North of Maguuma Wastes or south-west ring of fire but quite far.

Since those two big lines (Steeve and Primordy) are there, they form a kind of net prohibiting any race escaping in the ocean, the current migration/ flight of quaggans/karka/largos surely mean that steeve isn't that far. It may have passed from its line to the primordy one.

Now about the lines: They pass through Divinity Reach, Dominion of winds, Southsun Cove, Bastion of the penitent, Fort Trinity. And welp kralky trail. I put the hypothesis that the dragons are following the bigger points when they can instead of using a small, also avoiding any contact between them.

That's all, again it's a pure thory, but I think we followed the trails one by one since the start: HoT followed the maguuma one. PoF the one from kralkatorrik. So maybe a coastal one now, maguuma wastes, north of sandswept or right of Jahai. I don't believe that much in that theory, maybe it's just a random network.

They're not ley lines. The model was made before ley-lines were a thing, and what we were told about that globe is that it's the "Order of Whisper's Threat Assessment Board". It marks what the Whispers believe to be threats that exist.

What's odd is the lack of marks where threats are known to be at the time of the core story when that model was made for - such as Orr. There's also a ley line there, and at LA, which further disproves the notion those are ley lines.

Locations of known major ley lines/ley hubs: Lion's Arch, The Artesian Waters, Thaumanova Reactor, Heart of Thorns (aka Dragon's Domain), Tarir, Rata Novus / Ley-Line Confluence in TD, Ember Bay. Note how the lines don't pass through any of those.

Also a few notes / corrections:

Mordry the one coming from woodlands cascades and moving toward the grove. Zhaitan is following the same but it started from the bottom.

The problem here is that this line doesn't go close to either dragon. Well, closer to Zhaitan, but still doesn't pass through it's territory at all.

Primordy: The south one leading to amber Bay. Jormag isn't following anything or at the north of the northern point in shiverpeaks.Primordus isn't near any of the ley lines - neither when he's at the Central Transfer Chamber, nor when he's at Draconis Mons.

Now about the lines: They pass through Divinity Reach, Thaumanova Reactor, Southsun Cove, Bastion of the penitent, Fort Trinity.

That line's not passing through Thaumanova Reactor, but the Dominion of Winds.

is really hard-task mapping ley-lines since they are vastly used on LS3. on reddit theres some ppl trying mapping it, still not accurate/updated(is missing locations introduced in LS3 where there leylines like ring of fire)..anyway this one is the closest to map used by exalteds/taimi.https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4hqggy/map_of_the_ley_lines_based_on_what_we_know/

If those aren't ley lines, could it be possible that they represent movements of each dragons? (Just realized, then some recent movements are missing then.) They're kinda major threats...Also I don't see what major threat could move underground or underwater... But what intrigue me is none of those lines is that they aren't passing though Orr yeah. Through the northern "roots" coming from woodlands cascades pass in LA imho, but which threat.... (forgot some minors lines on the map.) This map has been made with the launch so the ls1/ personal story campaign in mind, no expansions ( or expansions included ) but I definitely don't think they were that foreseeing.

Again probably nothing but it's a very nice mystery, surely a reason behind the organization....Edited: yeah dominion of winds not thaumanova :+1:

I'm thinking, are the "fight the ley-infused monster" events present on a ley line too? What about ley Anomaly does it run following a ley line?

@"hugo.4705" said:If those aren't ley lines, could it be possible that they represent movements of each dragons?

No because:

1. No Jormag.
  2. Either Primordus or Kralkatorrik is wrong, and the other is missing (line going from CTC to Kralk's lake to ~Ebonhawke then WAY off any correct route)
  3. No Zhaitan (he didn't move though...)
  4. There are lines all over the globe, so unless Primordus and the DSD were traveling the entire world without anyone knowing, there's no reason those lines to be tied to the Elder Dragons' modern pre-S1 actions. (Mind you, Primordus did move about, but remained in the Central Tyria area; similarly, like Kralk, Jormag traveled south after waking up, and the DSD is suggested to be heading towards Central Tyria too, though far slower rate).

They're kinda major threats...Also I don't see what major threat could move underground or underwater...Which is part of what makes the globe weird. They said post-release it was a threat assessment board but it's unlikely the Order of Whispers has threats marked across the globe, and none of the lines line up (no pun intended) with any known threats in Central Tyria such as the Elder Dragons or racial enemy groups (Flame Legion, Nightmare Court, etc.).

Ultimately, while a bit disappointing, I don't think those things mean anything and were just randomly added across the globe.

I'm thinking, are the "fight the ley-infused monster" events present on a ley line too? What about ley Anomaly does it run following a ley line?

In theory they are, since the theme of them is overflowing ley lines.