Dragonbash feels like a festival - thank you

It's been a long time since a festival has actually felt like a festival in game. It fits the Norn pretty perfectly, so good call on that. I think what makes it feel alive is that the whole city is used. You've got the arena happening on the lake and you notice the beetles racing by. When you find the race, you notice the pinata activity. Meanwhile you keep seeing these moas running around and see their icons on the map and then have to figure out where that is happening. Above all that is the huge hologram that reminds us what this is all about and random fireworks lighting up the sky. There are even open world events that encourage people to group up and go fight holograms rather than individually fight halloween doors or open presents. (full disclosure, I LOVE the idea, don't love the implementation)

It feels very immersive. I love that it uses the whole city and the events are not bunched up in a central area. You've got the arena loving crowd doing their thing and would never know about the moa jockeys having their own brand of fun on the other side. You have to discover it. And btw, the best thing about this event is by far the first-person moa riding. I've had so much fun smack talking Meep, that little pretender.

So thank you. It may not be as flashy as Halloween or Wintersday (they can't all be), but this has become my favorite holiday just purely based on the feel of it.

Agreed. I'm really loving this party, and I even like how it's spilling out into the nearby maps with the Hologram Stampede.

Edit to add shameless begging: Can we please have the potted autumnal trees and the bedecked arches around Might and Main as guild hall decorations for next year? I really love those.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:It seems a little difficult to figure out what's going on and when, but there's plenty of time to sort it out. Might not hurt to put dragon icons by the events that aren't permanently marked.

Yeah, that's really my only complaint. I like what they did by adding a link to the current Stampede location in the UI. Would be nice if they could do the same for each of the events - just click on it and it will zoom in on the map to show you where to go.

The Stampede event is kinda hit/miss for me, but everything I've done has been fun. I appreciate that at least in this event we have cooperative group events rather than PvP focused ones where you have to log in with random people (often to disappointing results).

I agree, I love it. By far my favorite festival. I was looking forward to all festivals before playing them the first time. I liked Wintersday and Halloween, but chieves felt more chores. And I surprisingly hated SAB. But Dragon Bash, love it. The dailies are fun, Hoelbrak was the perfect choice (thanks for lifting the mount restrictions btw). I look forward to logging in and doing the stuff.