[Bug] Withered Rose

This achievement is still bugged - I've talked to Dahlia, I've confronted the Kingpin, yet when I try to pick up the journal from her body nothing happens - there're cogs appearing, but there's no F key appearing and clicking on the cogs doesn't do anything. Is there anything regarding this that will be done?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

"Withered Rose" achievement is bugged.

-Unchained Kingpin & Diary issue--Date : 2018/04/10-Map: Sirens Landing-Name : Thistle Thorns -LVL : 80-Profession : Ranger -Race : Silvari -

Completed the Risen Research as instructed but as stated above, cannot engage the Unchained Kingpin located at the Overgrown Gazebo, nor interact with the diary.Have tried on multiple occasions to complete this achievement.Have also tried speaking with the NPC, Dahlia in hopes of re-triggering the achievement.

I have found all seven but still cannot engage the Veteran Unchained Kingpin in the Overgrown Gazebo. I have spoken with Dahla but still nothing. Roses' body is there but i cannot interact with it nor does the journal appear. (I assume because I cannot fight and defeat the Kingpin). When i near the kingpin, i get the option to Confront [F] . when i do, i get the message "Leave or die" with the response "I killed Zhaitan, and Ill kill you too". However, nothing happens after this exchange.

huh.. weird.. ok.. so.. I checked my achievements panel.. there it says Pruning the Weed achievement is completed... the only way i can think of this happening is if i perhaps fought and killed the kingpin with friends in my very first few days exploring Sirens Landing, but not knowing it was part of another achievement, didnt at the time grab the journal nor inspect the body of rose(?)

• ArenaNet Staff

Can you collect the journal now? It is possible to do the achievements out of order if you kill the Kingpin with another player on that step, but it should work as expected once you complete the Risen Research achievement. (You need both steps completed before you can get the journal.)

• 3 months later...

I am standing in that clearing right now, and I see only two things: a dead Sylvari that I cannot interact with, and a green Kingpin (which I defeated just moments ago), but no journal. I go to Dahlia, and I only get the prompts to ask her to repeat what she's already said, or say I'm here to smell the flowers.Is this still bugged? I have Master Storyteller, Risen Research, and Pruning the Weed completed now.

Edit: found it.

• 1 month later...

Archived