Dragon fest seems pointless

I should not complain since this year has more to do than previous summer festivals in DR, but there doesn't seem to be any compelling reason to complete these events.

Dragon bash survival is so boring I had to let the champ frost beast thing kill me, and I got no rewards from surviving wave after wave, since the event continues when the timer counts down even if no monsters are killed at all.

Also, betting on moa races is very hands off. We could have just /rock /paper /cut and saved a lot of time.

I saw a couple people say in chat that this fest is pointless without a roller beetle mount. Shouldn't the race NPC rent a mount or something? to allow those without to participate? Besides the fest themed food rewards, where is the undeniable reason to attend? What's in it for us the players?

A simple story mission to allow some kinda progress like the Christmas tree thing or the Halloween bloody prince thing would have been nice

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Knight In Shining Armor.1708" said:I should not complain since this year has more to do than previous summer festivals in DR, but there doesn't seem to be any compelling reason to complete these events.

Dragon bash survival is so boring I had to let the champ frost beast thing kill me, and I got no rewards from surviving wave after wave, since the event continues when the timer counts down even if no monsters are killed at all.

Also, betting on moa races is very hands off. We could have just /rock /paper /cut and saved a lot of time.

I saw a couple people say in chat that this fest is pointless without a roller beetle mount. Shouldn't the race NPC rent a mount or something? to allow those without to participate? Besides the fest themed food rewards, where is the undeniable reason to attend? What's in it for us the players?

A simple story mission to allow some kinda progress like the Christmas tree thing or the Halloween bloody prince thing would have been nice

You can rent a beetle for 10 silver an hour next to the vendor if you look to the left of where you would start the race there's your rental service. The Dragon bash you must kill the holograms to get box rewards. The moa races are gambling your not expected to win every time and the pinatas are also very helpful. The event lasts for 3 weeks so it's not such a bad thing to do but what I like about this festival is if you do other game modes you actually get more rewards from the reward tracks. That's the whole point to it not yielding as much as the last festival It encourages you to go spend time on other game modes such as WvW & SPvP for more casual players I'd recommend WvW.

People will always find something to complain...

Just join the event and relax a little and get some achievement points in the process. If you find it boring, just leave and continue doing your regular gameplay. There will be more and other festivals which may suit your taste better.

Problem solved?

The real survival match is the 5-man "dungeon" version, where the bosses become harder and harder the more times you beat them. The one that you can join without a group is the easy mode. As said by a few other posters, you can rent a roller beetle. If you only want the achievements for the moa racing, just bet on all the moas for the round. You also forgot about the pinata bashing adventure and the stampede events.

It's not the biggest event, but it's nice to have another event in rotation. It will probably get more content next year. Also, festival of the four winds will be returning, and imo had more to do than dragon bash. This is not a replacement for festival of the four winds.

@"Westenev.5289" said:The survival match is a little too tame, and felt like it was balanced for a single norn child. Also, the festival feels a little spread out...

... but that "bash the dragon" theme is catchy!

Have you actually went to the dungeon doors for the real survival match and progressed to bigger rounds? There are 10 rounds, 5 bosses per round. Needs an organized group, boonstrip and more.

No wings for u! I had fun last night and will do it again tonight. I think you are complaining about an optional event, one that does reward people with minis and wings and armor skins, and there is an infusion. I personally am happy they brought this back, so many of us new players never got to do it the first time because we didnt play then.

This one is low on my list too. I like the work on Hoelbrak and am really a fan of seeing some old opponents coming back but do not like feeling like I am just fighting waves of enemies. I know a lot of people do enjoy it (like in season 1 Scarlet mass invasion or the Halloween labyrinth) but it feels like it is mostly for farm. I quickly lose my mind during those events. My favorite is wintersday because of the wide range of activity.

People have their own reasons for liking the event. I'm finding it fun, but at the same time, making hundreds of gold from the TP makes me enjoy it even more. Sadly that won't continue as prices are sure to crater over the weekend, but most of the last part of my legendary has now been paid for. :+1: