so what happens when swiss comes?

@bravan.3876 said:Lets hope in the distant future when it finally will be implemented that there are still pvp player left to actually enjoy it...

maybe thats why it hasnt been released..might have been a great idea back at season 5 when team players were given the short stick but im not so sure it is anymore..

I think with our current population, 2v2 or 3v3s would be more appropriate... (saw this suggestion and has stuck with me since reading it)

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Falan.1839" said:Well, that did not work out.

https://ibb.co/Mc2W0hB (Ben about Swiss)

I should have known that would come back to haunt me. ;) I can't give a full update yet, except that a lot of good progress has been made in the last couple months. There is still some work to do, but we're optimistic.

The desire for swiss was never a population thing. We just believe that the combination of swiss and single elimination we plan is a better, more competitive format. It also gives teams more chances to play together rather than 1 loss and out.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:I should have known that would come back to haunt me. ;) I can't give a full update yet, except that a lot of good progress has been made in the last couple months. There is still some work to do, but we're optimistic.

The desire for swiss was never a population thing. We just believe that the combination of swiss and single elimination we plan is a better, more competitive format. It also gives teams more chances to play together rather than 1 loss and out.

thanks for the chime in ben. was wondering: are there any plans to make AT's more frequent? also, will 2v2s/ 3v3s get shipped out with swiss? if so, how will those work? a separate swiss option or ranked option? anyways thanks in advance.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:I should have known that would come back to haunt me. ;) I can't give a full update yet, except that a lot of good progress has been made in the last couple months. There is still some work to do, but we're optimistic.

thanks for the chime in ben. was wondering: are there any plans to make AT's more frequent? also, will 2v2s/ 3v3s get shipped out with swiss? if so, how will those work? a separate swiss option or ranked option? anyways thanks in advance.

We've been talking about making tournaments more frequent. But we want to get the queuing issues mitigated first. There is some concern that with more tournaments available, individual tournaments will have less participation.

2v2 & 3v3 tournaments are currently only planned for special events. We're planning to run more of these in the future, but we've both been waiting for swiss and waiting for a bug fix on the relog issue that came out in in the last 2v2 event we ran.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We've been talking about making tournaments more frequent. But we want to get the queuing issues mitigated first. There is some concern that with more tournaments available, individual tournaments will have less participation.

2v2 & 3v3 tournaments are currently only planned for special events. We're planning to run more of these in the future, but we've both been waiting for swiss and waiting for a bug fix on the relog issue that came out in in the last 2v2 event we ran.

alright man cheers.