so what happens when swiss comes? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

so what happens when swiss comes?

Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

does unranked, ranked, and the current AT system stay in place? will some be dropped?

you don't know till you know, ya know.

Tagged:

Comments

• bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2019

Swiss is only relevant for AT matchmaking/ bracket building as far as i know. It will not affect unranked/ ranked. It means when you lose a match during an AT you are not immediately out of it. You will have more matches and can come back from a lose.

"playing revenant is borderline exploiting" - up condimirage 2k18

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

@bravan.3876 said:
    Swiss is only relevant for AT matchmaking/ bracket building as far as i know. It will not affect unranked/ ranked. It means when you lose a match during an AT you are not immediately out of it. You will have more matches and can come back from a lose.

huh alright, thanks.

• bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭

Lets hope in the distant future when it finally will be implemented that there are still pvp player left to actually enjoy it...

"playing revenant is borderline exploiting" - up condimirage 2k18

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@bravan.3876 said:
    Lets hope in the distant future when it finally will be implemented that there are still pvp player left to actually enjoy it...

maybe thats why it hasnt been released..
    might have been a great idea back at season 5 when team players were given the short stick but im not so sure it is anymore..

I think with our current population, 2v2 or 3v3s would be more appropriate... (saw this suggestion and has stuck with me since reading it)

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2019

Well, that did not work out.

https://ibb.co/Mc2W0hB (Ben about Swiss)

Falásya / Caissech

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    When exactly do you mean?
    See I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"
    The Smiths about Balance and PvP changes

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Falan.1839 said:

"if it slips 2020 that would be disappointing"

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• yanniell.1236yanniell.1236 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2019

Watched last monthly and the whole thing lasted less than an hour. There isn't even enough people playing the "most prestigious" tournament. I don't know if swiss is even needed anymore.

• @Falan.1839 said:

I should have known that would come back to haunt me. ;) I can't give a full update yet, except that a lot of good progress has been made in the last couple months. There is still some work to do, but we're optimistic.

The desire for swiss was never a population thing. We just believe that the combination of swiss and single elimination we plan is a better, more competitive format. It also gives teams more chances to play together rather than 1 loss and out.

Ben Phongluangtham
    Senior Game Designer

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    I should have known that would come back to haunt me. ;) I can't give a full update yet, except that a lot of good progress has been made in the last couple months. There is still some work to do, but we're optimistic.

The desire for swiss was never a population thing. We just believe that the combination of swiss and single elimination we plan is a better, more competitive format. It also gives teams more chances to play together rather than 1 loss and out.

thanks for the chime in ben. was wondering: are there any plans to make AT's more frequent? also, will 2v2s/ 3v3s get shipped out with swiss? if so, how will those work? a separate swiss option or ranked option? anyways thanks in advance.

• @Stand The Wall.6987 said:

thanks for the chime in ben. was wondering: are there any plans to make AT's more frequent? also, will 2v2s/ 3v3s get shipped out with swiss? if so, how will those work? a separate swiss option or ranked option? anyways thanks in advance.

We've been talking about making tournaments more frequent. But we want to get the queuing issues mitigated first. There is some concern that with more tournaments available, individual tournaments will have less participation.

2v2 & 3v3 tournaments are currently only planned for special events. We're planning to run more of these in the future, but we've both been waiting for swiss and waiting for a bug fix on the relog issue that came out in in the last 2v2 event we ran.

Ben Phongluangtham
    Senior Game Designer

We've been talking about making tournaments more frequent. But we want to get the queuing issues mitigated first. There is some concern that with more tournaments available, individual tournaments will have less participation.

2v2 & 3v3 tournaments are currently only planned for special events. We're planning to run more of these in the future, but we've both been waiting for swiss and waiting for a bug fix on the relog issue that came out in in the last 2v2 event we ran.

alright man cheers.

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Falan.1839 said:

I can't give a full update yet, except that a lot of good progress has been made in the last couple years.

Fixed it for you. No hard feelings =D

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.