Upcoming Event Gameplay Discussions.

XECOR.2814

Since we got some details about the upcoming wvw event I think it would be fun to discuss some amazing combos/feats a build can achieve using other classes utility skills.

I'm most excited about my grieving-diviner reaper build for small scale to benefit a lot from other class's utilities. Necro might be able to get invuln or blocks for once.

I'd like to keep the discussion positive and to know what builds and synergies are you most excited about?

@Dagger.2035 said:It's too bad the skills that have been spoiled have been mostly random. It would have been more fun if they chose a list of skills from a PvP metabattle build to make sure you are swapping to something useful.

Maybe the devs' goal for the event is to see which underused skills are bad enough that even people who don't main the original profession wouldn't want to use them.

@spectrito.8513 said:Im excited to get some mobility and stealth skills so if i cant dodge gankers with Warclaw i can use those skills to go back to my zerg to kill more npc's and grind more ranks

Nice salt. If you jump in game you would notice its not that hard to dismount people running alone or lagging behind. Just get a soulbeast, a rev or a rifle warrior or a thief and it will do the job for you. If you dont play that class ask someone to party with you. Isn't that how wvw is supposed to be played? As a team.

If you played the game you knew what im talking about. Btw you get skills after you take the orb dropped from killing a player so running back to zerg more easily scenario is nowhere near what this event is about nor does it facilitate that.

If you want fights try not having 1-shot builds party trying to kill solo players. They might fight you if you play 1v1 or 2v2 not 1v7 lol.

@Eliren.4985 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Wonder what a Firebrand gets if he kills a Necro?Will it be some god like tank that also has boon corruption?

I know I will be definitely trying Reaper, kill a Thief and slot Scorpion Wire, Spectral Pull, Greatsword, Blinding powder and Thieves guild.

Core classes only :)

I thought we got core skills on kills but can still play our own specs?

thats how its worded anyway.

please prove me wrong but no where does it state that we as players are locked in too core professions.. it says that if you kill an enemy player, you recive some of that classes core skills to be used.

correct me if im wrong please.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:The skills you acquire are predetermined.. We already know which you'll get from teef, and while withdrawal may be a stealth I'm not sure it'll be a game changer. Though scorpion wire can be fun, when it works.

Hide in shadows is the stealth one, not withdraw, but at least they get blinding powder

Didn't you know? Every thief button gives stealth!

@spectrito.8513 said:

@"XECOR.2814" said:.....They might fight you if you play 1v1 or 2v2 not 1v7 lol.

yeah... right.

1. What do you want to show with this clip lol?

2. You were not even ganked, you were in their territory looking for fights and given that you were on weaver its completely fine to take like 2 players at once which was not even the case. Btw weaver hard shuts down deadeye.

3. A deadeye and scourge really, you got salt because of these classes? Wait till you play a scourge and get ganked by 2 lb ranger, a holo and rev all on 1 shot build. Cant even leave keep.

4. The point was zerglings dont want to want to fight roamers because they usually outnumber them like 1v5 or more and roaming builds are busted op rn.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:.....They might fight you if you play 1v1 or 2v2 not 1v7 lol.

yeah... right.

1. What do you want to show with this clip lol?

The main point was to show the 2 mithril players that only tried to engage me because the deadeye came. People wont fight unless they are 100% sure its a free bag, not only in this clip, it was like this all day yesterday, there was no point to PPT since we were just a few hours from reset.No one wants fights in WvW now, people only want loot.That is why people will play the event, not for fun fights but for loot, take the bonus out and it will be a common and boring WvW day with people grinding for ranks and free bags.
  1. You were not even ganked, you were in their territory looking for fights and given that you were on weaver its completely fine to take like 2 players at once which was not even the case. Btw weaver hard shuts down deadeye.

2 players to kill a bad fresh air weaver? really ?
  1. A deadeye and scourge really, you got salt because of these classes? Wait till you play a scourge and get ganked by 2 lb ranger, a holo and rev all on 1 shot build. Cant even leave keep.
  2. The point was zerglings dont want to want to fight roamers because they usually outnumber them like 1v5 or more and roaming builds are busted op rn.

I didnt got salt because they tried to fight, i got salt because the scourge, mirage and FB (all 3 mithril rank+) only tried to fight because i was fighting the deadeye which was the only guy who was there for fights and soon will realize WvW isnt a PvP mode.