What is your Weaver build?

Cave Rock.4869

I made this today with a little help from another mate. My build focuses on WvW, but all idea's are welcome.

It has hybrid damage. Looks to be pretty crazy condition damage and deceptive power damage. What do others think?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnk4CF5i14C+4CM5iFBALIAEKfADxgdwN8+VHr31A-jFSAQBRU9HvsPw6WYIAnAgbqEEAPAgQq8Lg6JCAgAMzyMAm5Mn5Mn5M76ycmzcmzcmzcmzcmlCYRlVA-w

BTW if you don't mind could you check out my YouTube video about Guild Wars 2 Path of Fire, the second expansion, it's a general overview and discussion about the nine new elites.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lLobo.7960 said:In PvP I plan to run fire/air hybrid dps

For WvW I want to try celestial water/arcane/weaver as a mobile roamer or zerg support.I don't think weaver will be a better support than tempest auramancer, but pile driver is fun...

Interesting idea's. More of a focus on power damage with less condition damage than mine.

Keep those ideas coming in folks

@Cave Rock.4869 said:I get the feeling weaver moves away from the supportive role this time. But you never know what people can work out.If you want to support, tempest will be the better option, but weaver is not completely out of options. The 20% boon duration and heal from the elite, coupled with the heal and regen from sword 2 and 3, and the healing stance could be a nice help to group sustain and cleanse if traited for it.

@lLobo.7960 said:

@Cave Rock.4869 said:I get the feeling weaver moves away from the supportive role this time. But you never know what people can work out.If you want to support, tempest will be the better option, but weaver is not completely out of options. The 20% boon duration and heal from the elite, coupled with the heal and regen from sword 2 and 3, and the healing stance could be a nice help to group sustain and cleanse if traited for it.

Agree, sad thing is as a support the weaver would offer little in the case of boons . But have said that boons may well fly right out of the meta, with the Spellbreaker removing them and the Scourge corruptions.

@"Cave Rock.4869" said:I made this today with a little help from another mate. My build focuses on WvW, but all idea's are welcome.

It has hybrid damage. Looks to be pretty crazy condition damage and deceptive power damage. What do others think?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnk4CF5i14C+4CM5iFBALIAEKfADxgdwN8+VHr31A-jFSAQBRU9HvsPw6WYIAnAgbqEEAPAgQq8Lg6JCAgAMzyMAm5Mn5Mn5M76ycmzcmzcmzcmzcmlCYRlVA-w

BTW if you don't mind could you check out my YouTube video about Guild Wars 2 Path of Fire, the second expansion, it's a general overview and discussion about the nine new elites.

You have wasted stats into condition duration, quite a bit actually. You can replace a few pieces with sinister gear and bring the condition duration down while increasing your condition damage.

@DoM.8396 said:

@"Cave Rock.4869" said:I made this today with a little help from another mate. My build focuses on WvW, but all idea's are welcome.

You have wasted stats into condition duration, quite a bit actually. You can replace a few pieces with sinister gear and bring the condition duration down while increasing your condition damage.

Yeah I realized the condition duration capped out a bit. Good idea with adding in some Sinister. Do you want to add an update to the build here if you get time?

@Cave Rock.4869 said:

@lLobo.7960 said:

Agree, sad thing is as a support the weaver would offer little in the case of boons . But have said that boons may well fly right out of the meta, with the Spellbreaker removing them and the Scourge corruptions.

Not true,Remember that elemental attunement has no ICD, so you can give might, protection, swiftness, regen to your group at higher speed, with arcane and the weaver elite, you get 40% boom duration. I'm not sure if elemental attunement works with double attune (don't see why it shouldnt) but that could be a lot of defensive boons with quick reapplication.

Here is my PvE build.

Pretty standard. I think that ARCANA is must when you go weaver, as it is oriented in attunement swaping also. And further, reduce the global cd of all attunements with 0.6 s, gives 20% bonus crit chance for ~2.7s (with the bonus concentration) when changing attunements, which will increase your crit chance even more (and will be there 80-90% of the time), + it gives nice passive Condi on critical hits (depending on the attunement u are in). And of course fire as a nice dmg trait line. One that I was considering swapping was pyromancer training for power overwhelming for ~300 bonus Condi dmg because I will be in fire 60-70% of the time while with power overwhelming I will have 100% of the time 300 bonus condi dmg. However, the 10% bonus dmg will work even if I am dual attuned and the reduced recharge is always nice for faster rotations and it is always there.

I dropped the sword because it has bigger casting times than the dagger (for almost all skills), lower range, and lower dmg. Yes, it has nice skills but until (if) they buff it, the dagger is still the better option. Plus I am used with the mobility of d/d builds. Sword should get +150 range/radius on all skills, -1/4s casting time on all skills and 10% dmg boost on all skills. I can skip the 1/4s casting time reduction but this is a sword - it is supposed to have bigger range/radius than a small dagger and it is supposed to have bigger dmg than the dagger.

The build has nice condi duration boost also, excluding the bleed, which will have a little lower. Of course, I won't skip this in the rotation. Overall the build crit chance in fights will be very good with nice ferocity, and excellent power/Condi hybrid stats. Of course, I am aiming 60-70% for the condi dmg, that's why I have only condi infusions and runes/sigils.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQJAoYnMIClNg1MAmMAM5iFBA7eVHrv1Fbym4ZIIAUAOAA-jxhAQBSVPA0OBAcV9n1qEEAPAAYs/gZV+FA4AY8iHAjP+4jP+4d94jP+4jP+4jP+4lCwPlWA-e

@lLobo.7960 said:

@lLobo.7960 said:

Not true,Remember that elemental attunement has no ICD, so you can give might, protection, swiftness, regen to your group at higher speed, with arcane and the weaver elite, you get 40% boom duration. I'm not sure if elemental attunement works with double attune (don't see why it shouldnt) but that could be a lot of defensive boons with quick reapplication.

You know what I forgot about how flexible the class can be with weapon types. I had a tentively narrow view on the possibilities of staff/arcane/Weaver. But my perception these days with the Weaver elite was mostly geared or aimed towards damage. What it might lack then on a supportive level is the extra instant condition clearing with less or no shouts because of stances. Much like the Firebrand now with Mantras.

@bOTEB.1573 said:Here is my PvE build.

Pretty standard. I think that ARCANA is must when you go weaver, as it is oriented in attunement swaping also. And further, reduce the global cd of all attunements with 0.6 s, gives 20% bonus crit chance for ~2.7s (with the bonus concentration) when changing attunements, which will increase your crit chance even more (and will be there 80-90% of the time), + it gives nice passive Condi on critical hits (depending on the attunement u are in). And of course fire as a nice dmg trait line. One that I was considering swapping was pyromancer training for power overwhelming for ~300 bonus Condi dmg because I will be in fire 60-70% of the time while with power overwhelming I will have 100% of the time 300 bonus condi dmg. However, the 10% bonus dmg will work even if I am dual attuned and the reduced recharge is always nice for faster rotations and it is always there.

I dropped the sword because it has bigger casting times than the dagger (for almost all skills), lower range, and lower dmg. Yes, it has nice skills but until (if) they buff it, the dagger is still the better option. Plus I am used with the mobility of d/d builds. Sword should get +150 range/radius on all skills, -1/4s casting time on all skills and 10% dmg boost on all skills. I can skip the 1/4s casting time reduction but this is a sword - it is supposed to have bigger range/radius than a small dagger and it is supposed to have bigger dmg than the dagger.

The build has nice condi duration boost also, excluding the bleed, which will have a little lower. Of course, I won't skip this in the rotation. Overall the build crit chance in fights will be very good with nice ferocity, and excellent power/Condi hybrid stats. Of course, I am aiming 60-70% for the condi dmg, that's why I have only condi infusions and runes/sigils.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQJAoYnMIClNg1MAmMAM5iFBA7eVHrv1Fbym4ZIIAUAOAA-jxhAQBSVPA0OBAcV9n1qEEAPAAYs/gZV+FA4AY8iHAjP+4jP+4d94jP+4jP+4jP+4lCwPlWA-e

I am just checking out the build a bit more now, but it looks interesting for sure. Thanks for posting your ideas, they may just help someone out with a build in the near future

@bOTEB.1573 said:Here is my PvE build.

I like your idea of using arcane as if it was like the Guardians passive justice burn application. Plus the lower cooldowns from arcane traits could be deadly. Arcane utilities might make a comeback also. Plus 3400 power damage and 2700 odd condition damage, wow that will hurt. It really is crazy to see how far we can push those stats these days. I personally wonder if stats like those have a cap?

@lLobo.7960 said:

@lLobo.7960 said:

Good idea but I am not sure if it works with double attune? Anyone else know?

@Cave Rock.4869 said:

@lLobo.7960 said:

@lLobo.7960 said:

Good idea but I am not sure if it works with double attune? Anyone else know?

Consider that you get the buff of the main hand element only

in PvP probably this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMIC9MgF5CeOAM5iFTAjoCEAaA3n508cuYKWC+AA-j5w+gAG7PAUGo8BAAAThey're not going to "fix" unravel hexes, so we'll be stuck with water again. Viper amulet for decent hybrid damage, primordial stance cuz candies, lightning flash and arcane shield should be obvious. Arcane brilliance because elemental surge triggers the ferocity bonus, as well as a condition and lowers the CD, which makes it over time a way stronger heal than that crappy aquatic stance and also provides a blast finisher for might stacking. Yes, this is very similar to classic D/D might stacking ele, yay! Master's fortitude so you have at least some HP and leadership runes because boon duration and at least some bonus on all stats (2 conditions to boons is a gimmick with weave selfe, at best unfortunately). Last sigil slot is probably personal preference.

I would love to use dagger instead of sword, but then I'd have to go for sage amulet which would probably cut into damage alot, since the only sources for critchance% would be fury and from superior elements from the occasional weakness proc. Not sure which one is better, right now I'm tending towards sword but once the xpac hits the servers, I'll have enough time to test it properly.

There are a few prolbmes with your build. Pyromancer's training is not good enough while bouncing between all elements, it only works, when first 2 skills are fire, Power Overwhelming is better with grieving stats while dancing around elements.Elemental Contingecy in PvE is not as good as Final Shielding, especially, when shielding might save your ass way more than getting vigor or fury once in a while.Superior Elements is pain bad with Grieving stats, you have only 42% crit chance. In pug run, or open world, there is no way Superior Elements is better than using sword and Master's fortitude.Elemental rage is worst of 3 GM traits on Weaver line. There is very little time you will want to attune to same element without stance skill, since you will be wasting global CD just to get one skill, which is not as good, as mixed dual skills.Sword is way better condi weapon than dagger.Switch no. 8 skill to cleansing fire, so you dont have to jump back to fire every time skill is off CD and retain burning.Arcane blast suffers from same problem. In act, it might finally be useful to use Conjure Flame Axe and use all 5 skills, then drop it.

You made the build, like Grieving was Viper's where you want to cycle though burning when skills are off CD, with stats set, which screams to burn as much as possible as frequently as possible.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQJAsYnMIClNgNOAmOAM5iFBArYT2GSD3v6Y9uOIAEKPAA-jxhAQBQ7EAIV9AwY/BA8AA4q6PmV53aVCGA4AY8iHAjP+4jP+4d94jP+4jP+4jP+4lCwPlWA-e

This build, theoretically should have more DPS and be way less glassy

@Bakeneko.5826 said:Elemental rage is worst of 3 GM traits on Weaver line. There is very little time you will want to attune to same element without stance skill, since you will be wasting global CD just to get one skill, which is not as good, as mixed dual skills.

Think the reason they took Elemental Rage was because of the 14% Power converted into Ferocity which is always on. Doing so on the build you linked gives you 214% crit damage up from 192% when you choose Elemental Rage instead of Invigorating Strikes.

Also from my experience playing Weaver with Sw/D you'll end up Single Attuned to Fire and Earth a lot because of the strong attacks there with Cauterizing Strike (big damage and Burn) and Rust Frenzy (8 stacks of Bleed). A lot of cases I'd do something along the lines Fire/Fire -> Flame Uprising (engage) -> Cauterizing Strike -> Earth -> Earthen Vortex (Blast Flame Uprising) -> Lava Skin -> Ring of Fire -> Fire Grab -> Earth -> Earthquake (Blast Ring of Fire) -> Churning Earth (Blast Ring of Fire) -> Rust Frenzy. So you'll end up single attuned a lot, at least in PvE for the strong Sword 3 hits if you're trying to min-max condi damage.

Otherwise I like your build a lot. I think I will steal it :+1:

My theorycrafted PvP weaver builds for PvP so far, I take in consideration the fact that I will be alone most of the time, I don't expect support from allies as it's typical of soloq, with an organized team I would be ofc more daring with the amulets ( mender-sage). Mobility /tankiness and sustain are always the main points for my builds with damage coming as secondary objective as "dead dps does no dmg".

Tanky DPShttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsNHFOgdOA+4CM5iFTAjoCEAaAFVxCYI4+MvmfzA-jJxTABAs/AxlB08BAo9JAAA

Super Tanky DPShttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsNHFOgdOA+4CM5iFTAroKWADBEVgAQD4+MvmfzA-jJxTABa+AA0+EAAw+DWWGAA

Tanky condihttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsNHF5iFOA+4CM5iFNA7+PHoX0DBgFwBkoFkBKBA-jJhAwAK3fYzDAgcZAAnAAA

Marauder scepter bursthttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArNHlMg9MA+4CM5ilGA7uS3pD1CVgAwEg4IMD+BA-jJRSABAs/QtPAgWLD49JAAA

Condi Direct DPS Hybridhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMMAF5iFOA+4CM5iFBALIAUAKiEdhkQV4+VHrv1A-jJhAQBBa/hIWGYDnAAA8AAAA

Staff version Condi direct dps hybridhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMAF5iFOA+4CM5iFBA7+VHrv1EdhkQVIIAUAKiA-jJRAQBA4CAIo9HkYZgA8AAAA

There are a few prolbmes with your build. Pyromancer's training is not good enough while bouncing between all elements, it only works, when first 2 skills are fire, Power Overwhelming is better with grieving stats while dancing around elements.Elemental Contingecy in PvE is not as good as Final Shielding, especially, when shielding might save your kitten way more than getting vigor or fury once in a while.Superior Elements is pain bad with Grieving stats, you have only 43% crit chance. In pug run, or open world, there is no way Superior Elements is better than using sword and Master's fortitude.Elemental rage is worst of 3 GM traits on Weaver line. There is very little time you will want to attune to same element without stance skill, since you will be wasting global CD just to get one skill, which is not as good, as mixed dual skills.Sword is way better condi weapon than dagger.Switch no. 8 skill to cleansing fire, so you dont have to jump back to fire every time skill is off CD and retain burning.Arcane blast suffers from same problem. In act, it might finally be useful to use Conjure Flame Axe and use all 5 skills, then drop it.

You made the build, like Grieving was Viper's where you want to cycle though burning when skills are off CD, with stats set, which screams to burn as much as possible as frequently as possible.

Pyro training dmg will be there a lot more than you think and the reduced recharge is always there + you end up in fire only attunement very often. Final shielding is totally useless for skillful eles in open world (at least I never drop under 50%) and useless in good groups for raids. And Elemental rage is the best possible DPS trait, not just because you will end in fire only stance sometimes but because you got more ferocity. 43% crit chance?... bro I have +20% crit chance almost permanent (arcane fury+elemental contingecy+persisting flames) and my superior elements give me an additional 7% crit chance on weakened targets. What do you think, that with these 4 traits I will always stay 43% crit? Arcane skills are there because most of the time you will be in fire. They will inflict additional burst dmg and burn condi + with their ferocity the dmg output is insane. Also, Drakes's breath alone >>> flame uprising and 4 sec cd.. with AOE? What are you comparing here? The 3rd attack of the sword of skill 1?

There are a few prolbmes with your build. Pyromancer's training is not good enough while bouncing between all elements, it only works, when first 2 skills are fire, Power Overwhelming is better with grieving stats while dancing around elements.Elemental Contingecy in PvE is not as good as Final Shielding, especially, when shielding might save your kitten way more than getting vigor or fury once in a while.Superior Elements is pain bad with Grieving stats, you have only 42% crit chance. In pug run, or open world, there is no way Superior Elements is better than using sword and Master's fortitude.Elemental rage is worst of 3 GM traits on Weaver line. There is very little time you will want to attune to same element without stance skill, since you will be wasting global CD just to get one skill, which is not as good, as mixed dual skills.Sword is way better condi weapon than dagger.Switch no. 8 skill to cleansing fire, so you dont have to jump back to fire every time skill is off CD and retain burning.Arcane blast suffers from same problem. In act, it might finally be useful to use Conjure Flame Axe and use all 5 skills, then drop it.

I am impressed buddy, this will definitely be a fun PvE build!

@Arheundel.6451 said:My theorycrafted PvP weaver builds for PvP so far, I take in consideration the fact that I will be alone most of the time, I don't expect support from allies as it's typical of soloq, with an organized team I would be ofc more daring with the amulets ( mender-sage). Mobility /tankiness and sustain are always the main points for my builds with damage coming as secondary objective as "dead dps does no dmg".

Tanky DPShttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsNHFOgdOA+4CM5iFTAjoCEAaAFVxCYI4+MvmfzA-jJxTABAs/AxlB08BAo9JAAA

Super Tanky DPShttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsNHFOgdOA+4CM5iFTAroKWADBEVgAQD4+MvmfzA-jJxTABa+AA0+EAAw+DWWGAA

Tanky condihttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsNHF5iFOA+4CM5iFNA7+PHoX0DBgFwBkoFkBKBA-jJhAwAK3fYzDAgcZAAnAAA

Marauder scepter bursthttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArNHlMg9MA+4CM5ilGA7uS3pD1CVgAwEg4IMD+BA-jJRSABAs/QtPAgWLD49JAAA

Condi Direct DPS Hybridhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMMAF5iFOA+4CM5iFBALIAUAKiEdhkQV4+VHrv1A-jJhAQBBa/hIWGYDnAAA8AAAA

Staff version Condi direct dps hybridhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMAF5iFOA+4CM5iFBA7+VHrv1EdhkQVIIAUAKiA-jJRAQBA4CAIo9HkYZgA8AAAA

Thanks for providing some SPvP options, cheers for all the effort to help out some other weavers in this scene.

Archived