1800+ rating vod game

Sindrener.1592

@"bluri.2653" said:

Thief is not "bad" as per say. It is just the comparison of Time and Skill invested and Power Level (I made that "Power level" up, it is just to illustrate), meaning that other professions and their respective Meta builds are so much easier to play while their Power is also so much easier to unlock, someone playing Mesmer or Warrior for X amount of time will be "god-tier" faster and with more ease then someone playing Thief, which would be kind of fine, because not everything should be able to do everything, if the only difference would be the difficulty which, however, it is not. For example, take your 2v1 at the Mine vs the Warrior, you had full HP and everything off CD, yet you did not kill the 9%HP Warrior and on top of that he downed you, you hardly made any mistakes during your +1 on him, in fact he did (although acidental), and yet.... If you were on almost any other meta build he would either A ) Never survive your assault or B ) never insta-shrek you like that. Not to mention those beautiful "No Valid Paths" such as the one that carried enemy Mes at Henge, which other professions also don't have to deal with.

To illustrate my point more clearly; I believe that if your amount of experience and skill was put in to other meta profession (not saying by you, just imagine it as a statistic if it was applicable by someone else) then the other profession would likely have higher win-rate and overall higher match impact all while being easier to play.

Thief is perhaps the profession with greatest potential (at least in my opinion) to be unlocked by player as he gains experience, but it is being overshadowed by bullshit levels of powercreep and easiness of other professions, so Thief is truly not bad but it could definitely use to get improved and I don't mean only by buffs but mostly and preferably by nerfing/adjusting all other professions and QoLs of Thief utilities and weapon-sets/core mechanics.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"bluri.2653" said:

Thief is not "bad" as per say. It is just the comparison of
Time and Skill invested
and
Power Level
(I made that "Power level" up, it is just to illustrate)
, meaning that other professions and their respective Meta builds are so much easier to play while their Power is
also
so much easier to unlock, someone playing Mesmer or Warrior for X amount of time will be "god-tier" faster and with more ease then someone playing Thief, which would be kind of fine, because not everything should be able to do everything,
if
the only difference would be the difficulty which, however, it is not. For example, take your 2v1 at the Mine vs the Warrior, you had full HP and everything off CD, yet you did not kill the 9%HP Warrior and on top of that he downed you, you hardly made
any
mistakes during your +1 on him, in fact he did
(although acidental)
, and yet.... If you were on almost any other meta build he would either
A )
Never survive your assault
or
B )
never insta-shrek you like that
. Not to mention those beautiful
"No Valid Paths"
such as the one that carried enemy Mes at Henge, which other professions also don't have to deal with.

To illustrate my point more clearly; I believe that if your amount of experience and skill was put in to other meta profession
(not saying by you, just imagine it as a statistic if it was applicable by someone else)
then the other profession would likely have higher win-rate and overall higher match impact all while being easier to play.

Thief is perhaps the profession with greatest potential
(at least in my opinion)
to be unlocked by player as he gains experience, but it is being overshadowed by kitten levels of powercreep and easiness of other professions, so Thief is truly not
bad
but it could definitely use to get improved and I don't mean only by buffs but mostly and preferably by nerfing/adjusting all other professions and QoLs of Thief utilities and weapon-sets/core mechanics.

I just think when it comes to conquest mobility is key, no one can abuse it as well as thief and that lets you abuse most comps when playing right. Imagine if i played that game and thief had massive buffs without any trade off

Thief is not "bad" as per say. It is just the comparison of
Time and Skill invested
and
Power Level
(I made that "Power level" up, it is just to illustrate)
, meaning that other professions and their respective Meta builds are so much easier to play while their Power is
also
so much easier to unlock, someone playing Mesmer or Warrior for X amount of time will be "god-tier" faster and with more ease then someone playing Thief, which would be kind of fine, because not everything should be able to do everything,
if
the only difference would be the difficulty which, however, it is not. For example, take your 2v1 at the Mine vs the Warrior, you had full HP and everything off CD, yet you did not kill the 9%HP Warrior and on top of that he downed you, you hardly made
any
mistakes during your +1 on him, in fact he did
(although acidental)
, and yet.... If you were on almost any other meta build he would either
A )
Never survive your assault
or
B )
never insta-shrek you like that
. Not to mention those beautiful
"No Valid Paths"
such as the one that carried enemy Mes at Henge, which other professions also don't have to deal with.

To illustrate my point more clearly; I believe that if your amount of experience and skill was put in to other meta profession
(not saying by you, just imagine it as a statistic if it was applicable by someone else)
then the other profession would likely have higher win-rate and overall higher match impact all while being easier to play.

Thief is perhaps the profession with greatest potential
(at least in my opinion)
to be unlocked by player as he gains experience, but it is being overshadowed by kitten levels of powercreep and easiness of other professions, so Thief is truly not
bad
but it could definitely use to get improved and I don't mean only by buffs but mostly and preferably by nerfing/adjusting all other professions and QoLs of Thief utilities and weapon-sets/core mechanics.

I just think when it comes to conquest mobility is key, no one can abuse it as well as thief and that lets you abuse most comps when playing right. Imagine if i played that game and thief had massive buffs without any trade off

Nobody is asking for massive buffs though (I hope), for example what I had in mind is reverting the Dagger and Sword AA nerfs that happened some time ago as you surely remember, especially dagger ones as there's it's hurting the set and build more than at Swords.

As for the mobility, ye it is definitely the key, but it is also everyone's reason to keep Thief out of everything else, imagine if you could keep your mobility but also not have such low burst, because even as for d/p even Mes and Rev have much higher burst and that really doesn't sound right to me, its a goddamn Thief after all. (hence where the "better nerf/adjust other professions then buff Thief" comes from)It would be even sweeter if you could choose between mobility or dmg/sustained dmg as in viable Meta builds, but Thief can't have those because it's being kept in check by the 'mobility argument' and thus is not getting proper attention for less used sets and utilities like D/D (take DB for example, to me it is outdated unrewarding skill) and Scorpion Wire , Anet once tried by lowering CD of Haste and such and hell I even think Haste is usable if not viable as an option instead of Roll for Initiative but it's still not enough of a change.

My prob is yeah sind is right that mobility is king in gw2 conquest pvp mode because it's a capture point style mode. Problem lies that thief could do its job effectivelywith sb5 and its tele's so thief's great for decapping, does that mean all aspects of the class need to be help back because of this? Having three specs and all these trait lines shouldn't thief be able to be played differently especially since other modes exist in the game as a whole. I mean if theif or any class was in a good spot players wouldn't be complaining about one build being the only competitive build for years on end, that's not good especially given the 3 specs and their trait lines available. Honestly think about how effective in conquest thief would be if sb5 was changed to a different skill. No class should be designed, effective or balanced around one skill in any mode. My guess is if sb5 was changed to a different skill thief would have low impact in pvp conquest. The combat mechanics are great in gw2 but the games build deversity as far as competitive (gw2 competitive lol) across most classes not just thief is incredibly bad for a game offering 3 different e specs able to use all combinations of its multiple core trait lines. Yeah play how u want sure but here is a bunch of skills and traits no ones gonna use if they want to stay viable, and if u want to be viable ull have to use the same cookie cutter build guy next to u is sure to be using lol fun.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:My prob is yeah sind is right that mobility is king in gw2 conquest pvp mode because it's a capture point style mode. Problem lies that thief could do its job effectivelywith sb5 and its tele's so thief's great for decapping, does that mean all aspects of the class need to be help back because of this? Having three specs and all these trait lines shouldn't thief be able to be played differently especially since other modes exist in the game as a whole. I mean if theif or any class was in a good spot players wouldn't be complaining about one build being the only competitive build for years on end, that's not good especially given the 3 specs and their trait lines available. Honestly think about how effective in conquest thief would be if sb5 was changed to a different skill. No class should be designed, effective or balanced around one skill in any mode. My guess is if sb5 was changed to a different skill thief would have low impact in pvp conquest. The combat mechanics are great in gw2 but the games build deversity as far as competitive (gw2 competitive lol) across most classes not just thief is incredibly bad for a game offering 3 different e specs able to use all combinations of its multiple core trait lines. Yeah play how u want sure but here is a bunch of skills and traits no ones gonna use if they want to stay viable, and if u want to be viable ull have to use the same cookie cutter build guy next to u is sure to be using lol fun.

Yeah of course its boring that we dont have more specs viable but same applies to most classes. All im arguing for is that people who keep saying thief is out of meta and its sh i t in conquest is completely wrong. I have nothing against if you feel that the playstyle is boring and design is bad, does not change that thief is incredibly powerful

@bluri.2653 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:My prob is yeah sind is right that mobility is king in gw2 conquest pvp mode because it's a capture point style mode. Problem lies that thief could do its job effectivelywith sb5 and its tele's so thief's great for decapping, does that mean all aspects of the class need to be help back because of this? Having three specs and all these trait lines shouldn't thief be able to be played differently especially since other modes exist in the game as a whole. I mean if theif or any class was in a good spot players wouldn't be complaining about one build being the only competitive build for years on end, that's not good especially given the 3 specs and their trait lines available. Honestly think about how effective in conquest thief would be if sb5 was changed to a different skill. No class should be designed, effective or balanced around one skill in any mode. My guess is if sb5 was changed to a different skill thief would have low impact in pvp conquest. The combat mechanics are great in gw2 but the games build deversity as far as competitive (gw2 competitive lol) across most classes not just thief is incredibly bad for a game offering 3 different e specs able to use all combinations of its multiple core trait lines. Yeah play how u want sure but here is a bunch of skills and traits no ones gonna use if they want to stay viable, and if u want to be viable ull have to use the same cookie cutter build guy next to u is sure to be using lol fun.

Yeah of course its boring that we dont have more specs viable but same applies to most classes. All im arguing for is that people who keep saying thief is out of meta and its sh i t in conquest is completely wrong. I have nothing against if you feel that the playstyle is boring and design is bad, does not change that thief is incredibly powerful

Lol is thief meta or is it U that is meta?

No one can argue thief being meta as u can just watch any of ur vids to see that it is, it's just unfortunate thief only has one build/weapon set thats competitive and to add to that the set only being meta due to a few skills. Ur right though this isn't just a thief issue as all classes suffer this in some form or another. Thief existing exactly as it does now but without sb5 where would thief sit as far as effectiveness and viability within conquest mode? Maybe I'm just burnt out on the game so being overly negative, maybe few months off to play city of heroes will relieve some of the burn out and negativity lol

at this point i hope anet nerfs infiltrator's arrow so that they can justify buffing the class, the thief decap role is superficial ever since the expansions as other classes got decent mobility options.As for the power of thief, by which i mean sword/dagger since it is the most effective set at this time, it is lacking when compared to most other classes when it comes to actually fighting things. At some point you can't justify the lack of actual combat potential (combat is the core of the game) by making a class fast and resigning it to running between points in circle quest the game mode™.

As an aside dagger storm is likely to get nerfed or redesigned to not be a catch all panic button. Also anet might end up changing how improvisation works since the trait is a pure gamble with no way to steer the outcome of it, but when it works it creates a massive swing which is often not fun for who ever happens to be on the receiving end of a double elite or a double disengage skill.If any of these 2 things happen with no other changes thief will see much less play across the board.

@foste.3098 said:at this point i hope anet nerfs infiltrator's arrow so that they can justify buffing the class, the thief decap role is superficial ever since the expansions as other classes got decent mobility options.As for the power of thief, by which i mean sword/dagger since it is the most effective set at this time, it is lacking when compared to most other classes when it comes to actually fighting things. At some point you can't justify the lack of actual combat potential (combat is the core of the game) by making a class fast and resigning it to running between points in circle quest the game mode™.

As an aside dagger storm is likely to get nerfed or redesigned to not be a catch all panic button. Also anet might end up changing how improvisation works since the trait is a pure gamble with no way to steer the outcome of it, but when it works it creates a massive swing which is often not fun for who ever happens to be on the receiving end of a double elite or a double disengage skill.If any of these 2 things happen with no other changes thief will see much less play across the board.

I'm cool with the rest of that but infiltrator's arrow is so pleasing to use and combo with stuff, losing that would leave a pretty deep wound and I don't even use shortbow half of the time. I have to imagine the fun level for spvp thieves never having it again would nose dive unless something as fluid and engaging takes it's place with whatever draw back they want to slap on it.

I mean rifle 4 acts almost the same so wouldnt differ, dash daredevil has almost same mobility too so in order to get thief away from decap/+1 you need to nerf essentially any source of mobility of thief.

Surely if the goal is to make thief into a brawler/rev foster thief needs a massive overhaul. Doesnt matter if thief has weaker damage when you dictate the whole map due to the mobility.

@Straegen.2938 said:The thief is the Pontiac Aztec of classes. Sure a pro level can drift the hell out of it but they can do the same thing in just about anything. Give a great player a meta build and watch them wreck everything in sight with a tenth the effort.

That's where I disagree, especially in organized 5v5. Mobility determines the match and thief does that better than anything currently. Look at the latest monthly we did vs a mirror comp but another rev instead of thief, guess who won?

Rewatched video. You went to a specific spot on the stone houses so you could see through the gate and count how many players were coming that way. You then saw them, harassed a little, and went stealth. They didn't know if you went far, were nearby, or if you went mid ahead of them since you were stealth. You went far and dueled the Warrior. Your War capped home while the rest of the team waited for him to finish. Your team also spotted a Mesmer coming through the side gate and pinged on map. You didn't go through side gate at start so you wouldn't be harassed by any other players coming out their own side.

Nice to see that tactics were actually used.