Guessing Weaver balance changes

Ulion.5476

What balance changes does everyone expect for the weaver? I know in pve weavers will get a nerf and the biggest dps buff for weaver is elemental rage. I am expect the functionality of it will be changed. Maybe something like 10% ferocity from power with increase damage and reduce cd to your next dual skill. In pvp weavers are lacking sustain damage, I expect that sword should get some kind of buff since it is the worst weaver weapon atm. A 1/4s auto attack speed reduction would help it compete with other weapons. The barrier on most dual skills is not noticeable, so I am hoping for a buff.

My wishlist:

• Sword auto attack speed• Sword damage in general needs buffs• Stone Resonance count CD• Barriers in general (more on ele side compared with scourges)• Bolstered Elements might get a small buff (hopefully)• Fingers crossed on Woven Stride. It might be better if it removed 1 condi when you apply swiftness/superspeed instead of making it dependent on Water trait line like it does now.

Not directly related to Weaver wishlist:• Offhand Dagger buffs• Signet of Restoration FIX

On the other hand, I think Weaver's Prowess might get nerfed for some reason.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:It makes me sad to see so many people certain that weaver needs its dps nerfed.

Because they know Anet will nerf ele based on raid gameplay...they did that for the last 4 years

It's not even raid gameplay either, it's target dummy gameplay. If they nerf skills like Meteor Shower, Ice Bow 4, and Lightning Storm, it's not nerfing Weaver, it's nerfing ele in general. Tempest and core ele dps is fine, and Weaver's benchmark dps is so unrealistic you'll never actually hit those numbers on anything but a golem.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:It makes me sad to see so many people certain that weaver needs its dps nerfed.

Because they know Anet will nerf ele based on raid gameplay...they did that for the last 4 years

Weaver isn't OP in actual raids... or in FotM... or anywhere, really, except on the large dummy golem. All this talk comes from people who never tried to actually play Weaver and are guessing nerfs based on a youtube video of someone else showing damage potential under ideal conditions. The build has so many drawbacks it's hilarious. And what's worse, if they choose to nerf Staff, they'll also kill staff Tempest, and with it the last remnants of the power meta. Welcome to a brave new world of mashing condi-applying buttons off cooldown. And it's won't be ANet's fault, really. It will be a fault of all the players talking about the supposed OP-ness of a build they didn't really try to play.

I suspect they may "fix" a few traits to match their tool tips. For example:

• Rock Solid: "This effect will not trigger when attuning to the same element" -- stability is only granted when a different element is selected. Stability is not granted when fully attuning (i.e. pressing the same element a second time)
  • Elemental Attunement: "This effect will not trigger when attuning to the same element" -- a boon is granted for every attunement activation (even for the same element a second time).
  • Arcane Abatement: This skill does not have the "effect will not trigger" in the tool tip, but it matches the other traits that grant an effect on attunement switch.

I think they'll commonize the behavior on all these traits... most likely to the disadvantage of Weaver.

@juno.1840 said:I suspect they may "fix" a few traits to match their tool tips. For example:

• Rock Solid: "This effect will not trigger when attuning to the same element" -- stability is only granted when a different element is selected. Stability is not granted when fully attuning (i.e. pressing the same element a second time)
  • Elemental Attunement: "This effect will not trigger when attuning to the same element" -- a boon is granted for every attunement activation (even for the same element a second time).
  • Arcane Abatement: This skill does not have the "effect will not trigger" in the tool tip, but it matches the other traits that grant an effect on attunement switch.

I think they'll commonize the behavior on all these traits... most likely to the disadvantage of Weaver.

Being lucid is so hurtful sometimes...

I honestly hope they do more than balance changes. Weaver feels identical to the base core ele, just with a (to me) unnoticeable mechanic added. Staff weaver needs to be left alone to be honest, no one but qT will actually be able to pull those numbers in a raid as staff weaver offers literally nothing besides damage and it is so easy to mess that rotation up. A single dodge will mess that mess of a rotation up.

My wishlist:

• Lower sword swing timers on auto attacks
  • Keep the auto chain going if you swap elements, not reset it from scratch
  • Increase power scaling on dual attacks and autos
  • Spread out the damage from the third strike to the other 2 as well so it's not as punishing to cut your auto attack chain in the middle due to swapping
  • Increase Elemens of Rage duration by 1 or 2 seconds. Playing with high latency (I run with 220 MS), if I don't use Fresh Air, I miss dual attuning and lose the buff. Sure I gain it again 1 second later, but it's a QoL change IMO. You have it up nearly 100%, this just helps in that and makes that timer a little easier to hit. Rotations are complicated enough as it is, single mis-attunement and you're screwed anyway.
  • Somehow make using FGS/Ice Bow not the go to for every encounter without destroying their viability. I'm so tired of using them and to be honest, with my latency picking them up can be a little problematic leading to hiccups in the rotation. Weaver uses the same exact utilities (again) as core ele and tempest and could use a change up. Yes I know, you can swap sigil of fire for something else if you can have weakness, but that is not a super real change.

Just my 0.02

I agree comply weaver should be THE dmg class/ line for ele.

The raid thing is every time ele has been hit in its dmg out put and aoe effect has been due to raid balancing so ppl still have many though on it. Right now there a big fear that metor going to get nerf agen making core ele even weaker because its still doing good dmg vs big raid bosses.

@Raif.9507 said:I honestly hope they do more than balance changes. Weaver feels identical to the base core ele, just with a (to me) unnoticeable mechanic added.

Yes, I fully agree with this statement - the Weaver is identical to base core (just like Tempest is). The seemingly difference is that instead of the old school combos we have done since 2012, the order of skills has changed because of the class mechanic (swapping half of your skill bar).

It is appalling that after so long the developers can not for the life of them create something different for the ele.

Now, as for your changes, I don't think they would bring a difference to the ele (it is just making the Weaver be a stronger / better option, but the class is still the same).

To give and example, Warrior was always "I will beat you because of resilience and raw damage", but now Spellbreaker makes it more strategic with interrupts, boon strip and trapping with the tether GM. The full counter also adds a different approach to the class (albeit currently a bit overturned).

Ele has always been bruiser or healer. And right now we are again at bruiser "we beat you because of more resilience and raw damage", no strategic play or change to the class has been made - only the same old formula and many of the builds are pretty much just being pick Tempest or Weaver depending on what gives more raw damage. Absolute lack of creativity.

They need to give ele new tools, things that aren't boom reliant (that meta is dead), things that make us not reliant on water to deal with condi, things that bring more strategy / options to the class akin to how other elite specs do.

But, knowing how ele has been developed for 5 years now, chance of that happening is close (if not) 0.

Archived