Am I the only one?

Zadok.3279

spvp and wvw suck.I can go into great detail on why im not interested nor impressed by these modes.I can also go into great detail on how to improve and fix pvp.

does anyone care? yea, players care cause we want better

does anet/ncsoft care? no...reason is because these problems have been cried about over the YEARS. yet anet just keeps pumping new cosmetics and pve purchasable storys

since day one, until 7+ years later, we've wanted gvg, never got itthere are no arena / team deathmatch modes where skill matters

balance? lol you think a pve company know about balance for pvp?

do they even play their own game? ( for personal enjoyment, not for work purposes )how many hours a week, week after week does the anet team spend pvping?

if anet doesn't care, why should we bother with this title?

Anet can't care for anything that isn't profitable(PvP in general)They focus on the content that provides revenue.

Throwing new maps every few years for sPvP or like recently making a 100~200$ budget WvW events seems to be enough for them/Its also amazing the Warclaw hasn't received more skins since its release considering they designed this mount only to make more money.

Welcome to gw2

PvP is a niche, not even mentioning WvW because its off-meta of off-meta mode.Balance completly went on vacations 2 years ago and forgot to come back.ANet on the other hand forgot that they have different game-modes than PvE (you would forgot too if 80% of funds was created solely by PvE community).sPvP and WvW are on the edge of extinction because doing same things over and over always gets boring on some point (and we reached it quite awhile ago).

And yes, youre right that ANet never listens to community ideas. Over all those years there were several quite interesting and worth considering suggestions of adding/balancing stuff, but that was never read/commented/introduced by ANet. Oh wait, actually there was one, mount in WvW stands up and slowly claps

@InvaGir.9158 said:Its also amazing the Warclaw hasn't received more skins since its release considering they designed this mount only to make more money.

Because those D U M M I E S were so greedy that they released all those skins (btw compared to PvE skins are quite ugly, except for 1) in 1 package for hillarious price. O n e package. Like any1 could combine and use 6 skins at once. 10/10 would buy again.Most of my WvW friends didnt buy it, even if they mostly/solely play this game mode. Just because of this greed. Same goes with me, if there was an option to buy 1 skin per 800 (or even 1,6k) gems, I would buy it. But not whole package where 5 skins are considered by me as ugly and only 1 is usable. Ridiculous...

" ANet on the other hand forgot that they have different game-modes than PvE (you would forgot too if 80% of funds was created solely by PvE community). "

I see this similar type comment about the company making its goals focus towards pve because it brings in more money a lot and believe it to be true.....

... what I dont see is the number of players who quit the game because the pvp options wern't of interest due to the state of the game. now take all those players and whatever money they may have spent on the game and flush it, cause they quit remember? a quitting player isn't likely to recommend the game to people which is also money loss.... and if their friend did play and loved pve... and all that potential money... and if they recommended a friend.... who recommended a ....

sheesh its like a snowball effect when you think what a better pvp game could have done for the company...

@"Zadok.3279" said:" ANet on the other hand forgot that they have different game-modes than PvE (you would forgot too if 80% of funds was created solely by PvE community). "

I see this similar type comment about the company making its goals focus towards pve because it brings in more money a lot and believe it to be true.....

... what I dont see is the number of players who quit the game because the pvp options wern't of interest due to the state of the game. now take all those players and whatever money they may have spent on the game and flush it, cause they quit remember? a quitting player isn't likely to recommend the game to people which is also money loss.... and if their friend did play and loved pve... and all that potential money... and if they recommended a friend.... who recommended a ....

sheesh its like a snowball effect when you think what a better pvp game could have done for the company...

Ofc, it does work like that. But tell me, how can you check how many ppl got recommended by PvP/WvW guy and because of that bought the game. You cant (and I dont remember any poll asking for this).But what you can do is check what things in gem-store are being sold most often and then duplicate those, add more skins etc.I understand your point, but from analytical point of view focusing on PvE was the most profitable way. Tunnel vision is very common nowadays.

@"Zadok.3279" Agree completely.

Nah You're not the only one... And this is why Anet will never ever be as successful as they could be. There's initial success or you can have lasting success or greater success than whatever prior. To put in perspective... Layoffs didn't happen for no reason... And while I may not have the full reasoning here... A point can be made that they didn't focus on the things that mattered ultimately. WvW whether they like it or not... Was/Is one of them.

Maybe the overwhelmingly abundant amount of "layoffs" wouldn't have had to have happen (at least to that degree) if they put more focus things like WvW especially. IMO, if you want to be a PvE game that bad... Then just be a PvE game. Don't entice people into a PvP oriented mode you're NOT gonna truly show care for in the end. Just looks bad on your behalf... And for the players... Feels bad for them. That said, Anet's attitude towards WvW has been "meh" at best with a side of "don't care".

Not saying any of this to be "negative" BTW for those curious. Just saying how it is/has been overall. I commend Anet's efforts for what good they did do such as when reward tracks were introduced. On the other hand something like Warclaw was easily more debatable in the community. Due to implementation and also attracting PvE players with an already skewed outlook on WvW, but ultimately was an unnecessary focus among actual existing WvW related problems; prior to its existence... That is overall known at least to primary WvW players; with more/better experience. However, despite all this. I don't believe in somehow "whiteknighting" actual problems away as a means to fixing them. So this is why this comment is structured as is ?‍♂️

All this considered. Here's a list of Problems... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73195/what-are-your-top-5-problems-with-wvw/p1 for @Anet to look into. Out of these problem's; Anet should work on the ones that are obviously serious. The more serious problems and fixes for them here. Will be seen as nothing, but good by the vast majority... And I mean vast. To the point someone will look dumb to see these fixes as "bad".An example would be better AoE/Lag/Population management. Also, better rewards... Pretty much no one would complain about getting better rewards... etc. Just inherently good deeds that are extremely hard to see bad or fault in initially... Of course implementation matters still. However, "better"... Is still better and that's the goal.

@Anet there is your list. IMO, please fix some current and "has been" problems in WvW... Instead of trying to build your house on sand. That's all. Thank You :+1:

@Widmo.3186 said:Because those D U M M I E S were so greedy that they released all those skins (btw compared to PvE skins are quite ugly, except for 1) in 1 package for hillarious price. O n e package. Like any1 could combine and use 6 skins at once. 10/10 would buy again.Most of my WvW friends didnt buy it, even if they mostly/solely play this game mode. Just because of this greed. Same goes with me, if there was an option to buy 1 skin per 800 (or even 1,6k) gems, I would buy it. But not whole package where 5 skins are considered by me as ugly and only 1 is usable. Ridiculous...

Yeah well I think that was their main intention making money off our favorite gamemode ignoring the possible expected consequences...Its their game of course and they have the rights to do whatever they want but...they're losing players and even I have stopped playing WvW regularly ever since that update.

I prefer deathmatching without mounts that gives you advantages over others. Its not enough the game is unbalanced we also have to deal with this(I have the warclaw btw for all the warclaw fanatics out there so save your breath with your biased opinion).