Please revert 30% Shroud CD change from Speed of Shadows

Zietlogik.6208

The rest is fine, but removing this functionality causes the fluidity of core necro and reaper to be skewed and feel horrible. Even if the functionality affected Scourge F5 that would not be too terrible due to the life force cost being the main bottleneck.

But please bring this functionality back to the Speed of Shadows trait.

@Lahmia.2193 said:Even better idea from a post pre PoF (so it got buried). Add the reduction to Relentless Pursuit. This would make sense considering it was only Reapers that used the trait effectively. Nerf snare reductions to 25 and 50% if considered too powerful.

the shroud CD needs to be baseline reduced to 7 seconds atleast.... necros have no other defenses outside of that we are 100% reliant on it to not die.... on a 10 sec CD after 1 use you arent gonna survive that 10 sec ever againts any competent player.....

@Zoltreez.6435 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Even better idea from a post pre PoF (so it got buried). Add the reduction to Relentless Pursuit. This would make sense considering it was only Reapers that used the trait effectively. Nerf snare reductions to 25 and 50% if considered too powerful.

the shroud CD needs to be baseline reduced to 7 seconds atleast.... necros have no other defenses outside of that we are 100% reliant on it to not die.... on a 10 sec CD after 1 use you arent gonna survive that 10 sec ever againts any competent player.....

Core necro rarely uses and scourge has no need. Its only Reapers that have suffered because of its removal so adding it to the reaper traitline makes much more sense.

@Dadnir.5038 said:wasn't it 30% shroud CD reduction?

ya, but from what i can tell, new forums don't let you edit posts....

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Zoltreez.6435 said:

Core necro rarely uses and scourge has no need. Its only Reapers that have suffered because of its removal so adding it to the reaper traitline makes much more sense.

Depends on the build, core necro condi no, but power necro, and support transfusion necros made good use of shroud

@Zietlogik.6208 said:The rest is fine, but removing this functionality causes the fluidity of core necro and reaper to be skewed and feel horrible. Even if the functionality affected Scourge F5 that would not be too terrible due to the life force cost being the main bottleneck.

But please bring this functionality back to the Speed of Shadows trait.

Thanks for bringing this up AGAIN. I've been pointing out how important it was to the fun of the Reaper playstyle (some might call it complaining - I disagree) since it was nerfed.

@Lahmia.2193 said:Even better idea from a post pre PoF (so it got buried). Add the reduction to Relentless Pursuit. This would make sense considering it was only Reapers that used the trait effectively. Nerf snare reductions to 25 and 50% if considered too powerful.[Edit]Hey! This was my suggestion for a fix. Here it is:: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/1453/reaper-suggestion-shroud-cooldown-trait-change

It saddens me that with Scourge they went back to a plodding, boring playstyle. Hah! I didn't even say CLUNKY! Ah crap....

@Muchacho.2390 said:

@Zietlogik.6208 said:

You can edit your posts. This is done by pushing the options botton (looks like a gear wheel) on the top right of your post.

To confirm that it was 30%, the appropriate History page on the Wiki is here (scroll down).

@Muchacho.2390 said:

@Zietlogik.6208 said:

You can edit your posts. This is done by pushing the options botton (looks like a gear wheel) on the top right of your post.

still not used to the new forums, got it fixed now

Doesn't work now since scourge deosnt have a true shroud to enter. Shroud for reaper and core might need some changes, I would love to see a "use all of your shroud bar" to do something offensive for core and reaper as an alternative to the second health bar.

Would be awesome but also a lot of work

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Lexan.5930 said:I would love to see a "use all of your shroud bar" to do something offensive for core and reaper as an alternative to the second health bar.

They could replace that useless Lich Form with it...

Consume all your life force, and create a mobile field that pulses damage based on the amount of life force consumed (25%, 50%, 75% and 90%). Field ignores blind (like Embrace the Darkness - rev mallyx elite) and then add something nice extra into the mix.

@Lexan.5930 said:Doesn't work now since scourge deosnt have a true shroud to enter. Shroud for reaper and core might need some changes, I would love to see a "use all of your shroud bar" to do something offensive for core and reaper as an alternative to the second health bar.

F5 still counts as "shroud" and triggers off entering shroud etc. traits, so it would work, it would just reduce the recharge of it by 30% (Like I already said in the Original Post...)

@Zietlogik.6208 said:

@Lexan.5930 said:Doesn't work now since scourge deosnt have a true shroud to enter. Shroud for reaper and core might need some changes, I would love to see a "use all of your shroud bar" to do something offensive for core and reaper as an alternative to the second health bar.

F5 still counts as "shroud" and triggers off entering shroud etc. traits, so it would work, it would just reduce the recharge of it by 30% (Like I already said in the Original Post...)

It is already reduced by Vital Persistence. Anet clearly thought this would make it too powerful.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Zietlogik.6208 said:

It is already reduced by Vital Persistence. Anet clearly thought this would make it too powerful.

so they would get a 10s CD F5 (instead of 16 with just Vital Persistence) with no change to the LF cost, and give up the staff trait...this doesn't sound that powerful unless you find a way to gain mass amounts of LF back (staff won't anymore)

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Bumping this up in the hopes that Karl or Robert sees this.Make Shroud cooldown 30% reduction baseline for Necro and Reaper.10 seconds is way too long in the current meta and power creeps. 7 seconds Shroud cooldown is really needed.Thanks!

we asking for this since they implemented the change....not a single response... devs don't care about necros... bassicaly not a single thing got implemented from the years of feedback we were giving.....

@Zietlogik.6208 said:Hell while we are at it, they should probably shave off 1/4 or 1/2 second off the Reaper's Shroud 5 to make it actually land-able...but that be asking for way too much >.

i dont remember the last time i actualy was able to hit a player with that thing........GS pull also needs a reduction... it takes so long to pull that people casually just walk out of its way lol

• 3 weeks later...

Archived