I learnt this the hard way, and have finally found the light at the end of the tunnel.
- GW2 will never be Esports, it tried and failed. Even if it did manage to somehow prevail you won't be making money like the guys that play Dota 2.
- The main focus of this game is PvE, its an MMO after all.
- The population is extremely low (for PvP) therefore your matches will rarely be balanced.
- We have had the same game mode since release, don't expect constant content updates to PvP.
- Many ArenaNet staff were laid off, the resources for the PvP team is small.
- You won't get a job IRL if you have God of PvP on your CV.
Some wise words;
Still try your hardest to win, though at the end of the day if you lose don't take it personally.