Embrace the Darkness and other Elite Skills currently have bugged timing with "On Elite" type effect

LucianTheAngelic.7054

I just noticed this bug today, which means it's probably only been around for a really short amount of time. I use Diabolic Inferno in Open World a lot so immediately noticed the timing was off (usually procs on pulse #1 of Embrace the Darkness right at the end of the cast, but has been consistently casting on pulse #2 now). Then ended up noticing the Nightmare Rune effect timing was ALSO off, and then eventually noticed that Demonic Defiance timing was also off, with all 3 now casting on pulse #2, not #1 like previously.

Additionally it gets even weirder in that it seems to affect other Rev elites such as Jade Winds/Rite of the Great Dwarf. And it seems to be affecting non-revenant classes/elites as well. And a side note, Inferno also now works on Glint's Facet of Chaos activation (like Leadership runes/Surging runes), not just on its consume, but I never noticed this before and I don't remember it ever working on the instant cast portion, only the consume skill portion, so that feels like the spaghetti code acting up as well.

And it becomes even weirder because you can get it to use the "old activation timing" 80%+ of the time by stringing together skills while in combat before using the elite (but only while stringing together skills, just being in combat won't do it).

Posted about it in the Bugs section, but wanted to post it here since I did most of my testing on Revenant since I know it best and since you guys will almost certainly respond and look into it as well, unlike the Bugs section.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/80953/some-on-elite-skills-certain-elite-skills-timing-behavior-is-changed-bugged-suddenly#latest

Edit: Happening with Demonic Defiance and Notoriety on other "non-elite" skills as well. Unyielding Anguish wont' give you the resistance or the might until 2nd pulse as well. Banish Enchantment is also taking an extra 1s to apply resistance. Notoriety seems to have this issue with Enchanted Daggers, potentially Riposting Shadows + Phase Traversal (not sure precisely when it gave the might for those previously), and also Jade Winds; applies fine on Impossible Odds on cast.

Edit 2 It seems like all (or many) of the "on elite," "On skill" type effect activations got moved to the end of the aftercast of the skill, as opposed to earlier for some reason. This can be seen by cancelling the animation at the end of things like Embrace the Darkness (auto attack or queue other skill), which will make its rune effects, diabolic inferno, and demonic defiance proc earlier, when they're supposed to. This is the case for a bunch of other Revenant skills as well like Unyielding Anguish (move at the end of the cast or use a skill) and likely other classes that can cancel ending animations.