Full Server and No Linked one - Guilds Broken - Are you looking for a solution ?

Dear Anet , I made a post some days ago about a proposal of " golden share " . In this post I have put at your attention the fact that due to not linked server many guilds are "broken" having the majorities of their members in the full server not linked but also other that have been in the linked and now cannot join.Considering that move all the guild out from the full , it's just a theoretical solution but not possible to do for those reason : 1) People enjoy the community where they are and do not want to move , 2) It's not easy to convince over 50+ players to spend gems for going in a server that in few months could have the same issue 3) People played for years in the same server and don't want to lose contact with other long time server players and if summarize all the points mentioned it is clear that there is no way to move and frankly it is really unfair.I have seen many discussion in those days in this forum and also reddit about with many players having the same issue . I am kindly asking and would like to see an answer , ( not just closed the topic like it has been done with " golden share " ), if you are looking at least for a temporary solution like for example to open for 24h the servers full so that guilds member can join their community.Thanks for your attention and I hope reply.

If the reasons to transfer outweigh the reasons to stay: transfer. If they do not have enough gold to transfer they can spend irl money or just save up some gold.

If the reasons to stay outweigh the reasons to transfer: stay.

Now my thoughts on your points:

1) If they don't want to move cause they like where they are then they stay, problem solved.

2) You talk about split up comunities/guilds however 1 transfer is enough to gather the people who wish to transfer on 1 server. You won't have the same issue a few months later if you recruit from your server, international servers have done this for ages.

3) If they want to stay they stay.

Life is ever changing. People will find new comunities/guilds etc.

@"LaGranse.8652" said:If the reasons to transfer outweigh the reasons to stay: transfer. If they do not have enough gold to transfer they can spend irl money or just save up some gold.

If the reasons to stay outweigh the reasons to transfer: stay.

Now my thoughts on your points:

1) If they don't want to move cause they like where they are then they stay, problem solved.

2) You talk about split up comunities/guilds however 1 transfer is enough to gather the people who wish to transfer on 1 server. You won't have the same issue a few months later if you recruit from your server, international servers have done this for ages.

3) If they want to stay they stay.

Life is ever changing. People will find new comunities/guilds etc.

Probably, I am not clear enough because not native english speaking. Why a guild it is obliged to move or stay split because no linked server ? Why we have to do the "migrants" when we feel fine with the community ? Is it fair that others that has been part of the community thanks to the linked server , now are pushed out and cannot re-join because no link ?Do not answer because of server full , when Piken according stats is ranked 22nd for activity and Kodash it is the last.

I would like to get an answer from ANET , if they are looking to it and evaluating a solution or not . Is it unfair to ask ? I do not think so. I am a very old player of GW and GW2 .I do consider this is an issue, ( and I am not the only one ), so I am kindly asking if they are looking for a solution in short term , ( for example all server open for 24h next friday at the new matchup so that people can join the community they like and who has face the issue we face now can join their friends ) , or they look for others or even they will not do any action.I believe that transparency and open fair conversation is a great value between company and customers.

Short answer: Not going to happen.

Long answer: Really not going to happen.

What you suggest won't be done due to as you say "for example all server open for 24h next friday at the new matchup so that people can join the community they like and who has face the issue we face now can join their friends" will open up the server to EVERYONE, not just your Guildies who unfortunately moved to a linked server rather than the one you're on. If you've been a long time player as you claim then you must've remembered what it was like BEFORE linked servers were a thing. How did Guilds solve the issue then? Oh right, they moved or put up with it because they 'like the community' as you keep plastering every post whenever someone tells you to move off the server.

Good luck on getting a response from ANet though, seriously.

@lordkrall.7241 said:

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:Why a guild it is obliged to move or stay split because no linked server ?

To be fair the same can be turned the other way around: Why is ArenaNet obliged to make sure everyone is on the same server?

The most easy answer is because game name is Guild Wars and so ANET should take care of guilds priorities. Out of this , I am not say they are oblige but at least consider and answer. Second because enhance the community spirit starting from the guilds and keep attention at server should be one of the goal game. If people enjoy they stay if not they leave.

Answer with another question is not an answer but just a philosophic game to arrive at no conclusion.

The name is based on lore, not mechanics.Also, what do you think will happen if they start obliging all guilds? We would end up with a situation as we had back in the days before Linking was even a thing, with there bascially being a few servers that everyone stacked on, while most others where more or less empty.

The thing is they can't just make exceptions for a single guild or a single server, they would need to do it for everyone, and that will just end up kittening up the whole system.

That makes no sense if you think about it. How are guilds / communities not already broken if people rather have easy kills than stay with their 'friends'? People like a 2 K/D ratio more than they like other players. It has something to do with being able to sustain the illusion of being a better than average player even though (by definition) half of the population is not. Reality is that people will pay money to avoid it.

The bottom line there are too many dormant accounts & accounts that have Not entered WVW for over 6 & 12 month's, that don't get excluded in server "FULL" calculations, these Need to be removed from the final calculation when determining a severs capacity.Core players on ANY server know what it's like on a day to day basis, and it's these that are disgruntled & dis-illusioned by the "FULL" statement.And to say some people are playing too long causes the imbalance is ridiculous, for IF this was the case anet should put a cap on how much WVW Time an account can have each Day,A couple of simple things to re-invigorate WVW.1- Dormant & Non WVW Accounts, that have not entered WVW in the past 8 month's, Remove them from a server's FULL calculation.2 - Dead server's with an ACTUAL WVW playing population below 100 people like FOW, close it in terms of WVW move the player base to another low pop server and give each account moved 1 free transfer , should they Not be happy.3 - Dev's STOP spending time & resources on silly events for WVW such as skill swop, golem events & mobile canons, all you would have to do is bring back the Old competitive season's with the achievement points and re-boost the rewards, Golden dolly finishers are nice, but give something worth fighting for.

@"Crimson king.4209" said:The bottom line there are too many dormant accounts & accounts that have Not entered WVW for over 6 & 12 month's, that don't get excluded in server "FULL" calculations, these Need to be removed from the final calculation when determining a severs capacity.Core players on ANY server know what it's like on a day to day basis, and it's these that are disgruntled & dis-illusioned by the "FULL" statement.And to say some people are playing too long causes the imbalance is ridiculous, for IF this was the case anet should put a cap on how much WVW Time an account can have each Day,A couple of simple things to re-invigorate WVW.1- Dormant & Non WVW Accounts, that have not entered WVW in the past 8 month's, Remove them from a server's FULL calculation.2 - Dead server's with an ACTUAL WVW playing population below 100 people like FOW, close it in terms of WVW move the player base to another low pop server and give each account moved 1 free transfer , should they Not be happy.3 - Dev's STOP spending time & resources on silly events for WVW such as skill swop, golem events & mobile canons, all you would have to do is bring back the Old competitive season's with the achievement points and re-boost the rewards, Golden dolly finishers are nice, but give something worth fighting for.

this, emphasis on dormant accounts.

anet needs to do server resets periodically to sift not actives.

@lordkrall.7241 To be quite frank about it, there are still guilds in some servers who manage a great local community in their server.

Guild Members have no actual way to follow their guild now for 2 months. And in my opion this is absolutely unacceptable and a shame. Opening servers for this would be a nice gesture. And yes guilds do matter in this. Think about it, somewhere in the future we will have Alliances? Isn't that all about Guilds anyway? They are the ones who are responsible for the long-term state of a server as in social and competitive. Therefor i'm really surprised and disappointed that arenanet didn't inquire first at guild leaders and commanders on what kind of effect this would have on them.

Constant moving of communities or guilds is a huge logistic thing to do, yet also very costly with the risk for having the same problem again. Not to have enough space on 1 server for a community. The moment where you don't have enough space is the same moment where a community breaks off and that shouldn't happen does it?

I really hope for stand-alone server communties that they can manage this coming period.

On the side note, i hope for the better

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:Why a guild it is obliged to move or stay split because no linked server ?

To be fair the same can be turned the other way around: Why is ArenaNet obliged to make sure everyone is on the same server?

The most easy answer is because game name is Guild Wars and so ANET should take care of guilds priorities. Out of this , I am not say they are oblige but at least consider and answer. Second because enhance the community spirit starting from the guilds and keep attention at server should be one of the goal game. If people enjoy they stay if not they leave.

Answer with another question is not an answer but just a philosophic game to arrive at no conclusion.

A harsh reality check that guild wars is lore related and has nothing to do with gameplay.

The whole reason I got this game was because I thought it would be guilds fighting other guilds.. 5v5 ranked team was probably the closest I got besides a few GvGs made by players.

I am responding here in this thread at the suggestion of GM Onesimus after submitting a support ticket regarding this issue.

“While we at support are unable to truly do anything in regards to this matter, we have found that the best way for the Development team to gather and review player feedback and suggestions is through the official forums. We ask and encourage you and your server to post your concerns in our forums”

I am sure it would not be that difficult for ArenaNet to either:

1. Reopen Piken (even if only for a very short period) so that friends and guildies can be reunited again, or
  2. Manually transfer those accounts over to Piken.

I am still a relatively new player to Guild wars 2 compared to a lot of the veterans here who have played from day one but I understand there is a general feeling that since the (sad) job losses and reorganisation at ArenaNet there has been a more open and communicative approach towards the GW2 player base.In which case please provide some communication and dialogue with affected servers and players, or at the very least a definitive answer if it’s to be a no so that we can then draw a line under this and move on, with the hope of a relink to an open server in two months time.

Long standing and loyal server guilds split up and fractured. Borderlands empty at reset on "full", (cough), I mean locked servers and not a word from the Dev's yet other than "we'll keep an eye on it" in some generic, faceless blanket post.

For months and months and months we fed gold/gems/even real money! into the machine to keep our guildies with us with the re-linking. That was an annoyance for sure but a necessary sacrifice we were happy to make for the benefit of 1. our guild/community and 2. the game as a whole to maintain stability on our server.

I also have a rather cynical suspicion that this situation has arisen simply to provide another short-term revenue stream. Lets split entire guilds up and force them to relocate to other servers because some of their members are now left in no man's land on a server they either have no connection to, or just simply moved to for a re-link to their desired one with their friends and guild mates.

The question of this becoming a necessity or a last resort action at all, is a sour one. It shouldn't even have to be posed in the first place.

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:How we can have a dialogue if no answers come ?I would imagine its hard to have a dialogue with the forum thats been so vocal about how the links are broken, links doesnt solve anything, delete servers etc... and then when its put to the test, links are the solution to the problem.

But granted if nothing else maybe this cause them to bring an update on alliances. One can always hope.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@"Crimson king.4209" said:The bottom line there are too many dormant accounts & accounts that have Not entered WVW for over 6 & 12 month's, that don't get excluded in server "FULL" calculations, these Need to be removed from the final calculation when determining a severs capacity.Core players on ANY server know what it's like on a day to day basis, and it's these that are disgruntled & dis-illusioned by the "FULL" statement.And to say some people are playing too long causes the imbalance is ridiculous, for IF this was the case anet should put a cap on how much WVW Time an account can have each Day,A couple of simple things to re-invigorate WVW.1- Dormant & Non WVW Accounts, that have not entered WVW in the past 8 month's, Remove them from a server's FULL calculation.2 - Dead server's with an ACTUAL WVW playing population below 100 people like FOW, close it in terms of WVW move the player base to another low pop server and give each account moved 1 free transfer , should they Not be happy.3 -
Dev's STOP spending time & resources on silly events for WVW
such as skill swop, golem events & mobile canons, all you would have to do is
bring back the Old competitive season's
with the achievement points and re-boost the rewards, Golden dolly finishers are nice, but give something worth fighting for.

@"Crimson king.4209" said:The bottom line there are too many dormant accounts & accounts that have Not entered WVW for over 6 & 12 month's, that don't get excluded in server "FULL" calculations, these Need to be removed from the final calculation when determining a severs capacity.Core players on ANY server know what it's like on a day to day basis, and it's these that are disgruntled & dis-illusioned by the "FULL" statement.And to say some people are playing too long causes the imbalance is ridiculous, for IF this was the case anet should put a cap on how much WVW Time an account can have each Day,A couple of simple things to re-invigorate WVW.1- Dormant & Non WVW Accounts, that have not entered WVW in the past 8 month's, Remove them from a server's FULL calculation.2 - Dead server's with an ACTUAL WVW playing population below 100 people like FOW, close it in terms of WVW move the player base to another low pop server and give each account moved 1 free transfer , should they Not be happy.3 -
with the achievement points and re-boost the rewards, Golden dolly finishers are nice, but give something worth fighting for.

Incorrect on the dormant accounts counting towards a servers full status. It’s play hours.

Now, they may include hours within 3-4 weeks in their calculations, but it’s a rolling average of time.

Having watched servers tank for 3-4 weeks to open, it certainly does not include dormant accounts more than 5-6 weeks out.

And good luck with the response from people who are removed after 4-5 weeks...

I am one of these players waiting for piken to open up for transfers now for weeks so I can join the rest of my guild. I check every monday for it to open so I can join them. I waited for the relink so I could at least transfer to a server and play with them - Piken is not linked. Now I still cannot play. The orginal post was regarding players like me who are stuck in no mans land when looking at the stats Piken is getting hammered on activity with servers like whiteside and underworld both opening recently yet piken still closed. It is sad times for me unable to play and now for 3 months can't even wait on a linked server.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Incorrect on the dormant accounts counting towards a servers full status. It’s play hours.

Now, they may include hours within 3-4 weeks in their calculations, but it’s a rolling average of time.

Having watched servers tank for 3-4 weeks to open, it certainly does not include dormant accounts more than 5-6 weeks out.

And good luck with the response from people who are removed after 4-5 weeks...

purge!!!

@"Duca di Ebonhawke.1045" said:Today , we have the reset . I hope to see you are looking for solution. What make me astonished it is that not only here but in many other posts I do not see answers from ANET . How we can have a dialogue if no answers come ?

Because people don't really seem interested in a dialogue, but rather just DEMAND that they get what they want. And lets be honest, unless ArenaNets response is: "Yes we will open the server", people are just gonna lose their shit if ArenaNet responds, which won't help anyone.

@lordkrall.7241 said:

@"Duca di Ebonhawke.1045" said:Today , we have the reset . I hope to see you are looking for solution. What make me astonished it is that not only here but in many other posts I do not see answers from ANET . How we can have a dialogue if no answers come ?

Because people don't really seem interested in a dialogue, but rather just DEMAND that they get what they want. And lets be honest, unless ArenaNets response is: "Yes we will open the server", people are just gonna lose their kitten if ArenaNet responds, which won't help anyone.

I do prefer even an answer like , no we are not looking at it , than no answers.

I am really asking at myself, if ANET is monitoring the wvw ? Piken is closed since mid-january 2019 , Kodash pratically is being killed as server. I have never seen matchup so unbalanced . Please enter in game and see. I cannot believe that ANET is going to keep server closed and do not put in discussion the algorithm that calculate wvw population.