What's holding you back of changing how downed state works ?

Caedmon.6798

After all the people making threads about downed state,and ive made several myself aswell usually with good responses and a few not being so positive, but the majority did. And you finally realize about a year back that downed state do is an issue and introducing "No downed state week" to keep the few happy. What about actually adressing issues related to this carrying factor from which you know about already ? I know it's all about blob play and everything being done is evolving around that concept but downed state is no issue there anyway so a nerf to it wouldn't matter in that scenario. Give something to roamers already, which you've been neglecting for far too long while adding mechanics to make it harder for them. It's time to take off the extra 2 wheels because you already added 4 when you introduced mounts.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/54785/downed-state-nerf-it/p1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Justine.6351" said:Just like "remove desert bl" type threads, its apparently the minority. This is only confirmed with every (obviously biased) poll as well.

So yeah, believe harder I guess?

Im not sure what youre getting at. I linked the page to my previous post with 4 pages where i got 34 upvotes,maybe read through that.Comparing this to "remove desert bl" doesnt make sense in the slighest bit,im not asking for the removal of anything. Im asking for a change. Roamers are obviously the minority,thats no guess,i think i was clear about that without having to spell it out.

@TheBravery.9615 said:There's too many mechanics integrated with downed state, finishers, ressurects etc. Some skills would just become useless. (e.g. scrapper's mechanics)

There could be adjustments made to the downed state mechanic so it wouldn't render the existing mechanics useless though.

I'm not even asking for the removal. As my thread title suggests im asking for a change to how downed state works. That can be the ress speed,hp% in downed state,not being able to get up 4x in one minute etc. There are multiple ways to adress this. Even just removing the ability to get up so often in one minute would change a whole lot. Go down once but the next time you go down youre dead.

But its gonna be 99% vs 1%.

@"Caedmon.6798" said:After all the people making threads about downed state,and ive made several myself aswell usually with good responses and a few not being so positive, but the majority did. And you finally realize about a year back that downed state do is an issue and introducing "No downed state week" to keep the few happy. What about actually adressing issues related to this carrying factor from which you know about already ? I know it's all about blob play and everything being done is evolving around that concept but downed state is no issue there anyway so a nerf to it wouldn't matter in that scenario. Give something to roamers already, which you've been neglecting for far too long while adding mechanics to make it harder for them. It's time to take off the extra 2 wheels because you already added 4 when you introduced mounts.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/54785/downed-state-nerf-it/p1

It's not changing. And you will not get a change for "Give something to roamers already" when wvw is an rvr mode. Spvp might be more your liking so go try that.

I gave a link to another post with 4 pages and mentioned i made several other posts and others doing so aswell whereafter anet acknowledges it and gave us No downed state week,read bud. You obviously dont know the issue at hand when you run with less than 50 people,hence i did mentioned i do know everything is about blobbing and its 1% vs 99% because everyone likes to be carried.Its a shame but it explains why wvw is what it is,a clownfest of baddies defending carrying mechanics. Just the audacity of defending something as carrying as this is beyond comprehension unless all you do is rely on it. Ive done over 5k pvp matches so dont worry about that.,completely irrelevant.

Its not just the 99% vs the 1% being zergers and roamers.

99% of of WvW players will only fight with numbers on their side, whether they are "roaming" or zerging. Downstate favours the side with the greater numerical force. Therefore most players defend downstate despite it being a crutch and broken mechanic that ensures a group of 5 has an even greater advantage over a group of 3, or a pair of players over a solo. Because they know that any change which makes downstate more punishing will make it harder for them to win their fights. You see the same thing when people defend broken builds they play like Soulbeast +sicem. People don't want their crutch to be taken away.

But to contribute to your thread, I'd say adding a delay between when a player goes down/to when they can be revived. So perhaps upon dropping to downstate, the player cannot be manually revived for 3 seconds. You could still allow passive healing to be dumped on them in those 3 seconds as this would expend cooldowns meaning keeping a downed player alive would come at a cost rather than pressing F and losing nothing system that we have currently.Or maybe make the starting health lower. Currently you start with 75% downed health, so perhaps lower that to 50%.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:Just like "remove desert bl" type threads, its apparently the minority. This is only confirmed with every (obviously biased) poll as well.

Im not sure what youre getting at. I linked the page to my previous post with 4 pages where i got 34 upvotes,maybe read through that.

Oh boy, 34 upvotes! That's like almost a blob! You could fill half a border with those people!

I do both, roaming and zerging (haven't really had many blobs in the past few months on our server so I'm not gonna call it blobing), and the people who seemed to enjoy no-downstate-events most were zerglings btw... Especially small havoc groups profit a lot from downstate and I wouldn't want it any other way.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

Im not sure what youre getting at. I linked the page to my previous post with 4 pages where i got 34 upvotes

you got half the WvW community to upvote your thread? that's impressive

@Caedmon.6798 said:

Im not sure what youre getting at. I linked the page to my previous post with 4 pages where i got 34 upvotes,maybe read through that.Comparing this to "remove desert bl" doesnt make sense in the slighest bit,im not asking for the removal of anything. Im asking for a change. Roamers are obviously the minority,thats no guess,i think i was clear about that without having to spell it out.

34 upvotes... thousands upon thousands of players.That alone reinforces his minority comment.

First off, your 34 upvotes are near meaningless. You gave no ability for people to contradict you or disagree. That's like making a poll with only YES as an answer. Obviously people who agree will upvote your comment, what exactly are people who disagree going to do? Exactly, nothing.

Second, most forum useres migrate to threads they find interesting to them. People who have no issue with downed state works might not even look at your thread or just skim through it. Forums have a tendacy to amplify any opinion or topic in one of two directions (eihter draw a lot of positiv feedback or the exact opposite).

Finally, no downed state week clearly shows what the issues of no downed state are: everybody goes full burst and just tries to pick off as many players as possible. The ttk in this game is designed with downed state in mind. If you were to remove the downed state, expect severe rebalance in survivability. That in turn would absolutely kill roaming.

Finally, no downed state week clearly shows what the issues of no downed state are: everybody goes full burst and just tries to pick off as many players as possible. The ttk in this game is designed with downed state in mind. If you were to remove the downed state, expect severe rebalance in survivability. That in turn would absolutely kill roaming.

Why does it need to be either the broken downstate we have now, or no downstate at all? Wouldn't it be better to to fix downstate so that everyone is happy?

@Doug.4930 said:

Why does it need to be either the broken downstate we have now, or no downstate at all? Wouldn't it be better to to fix downstate so that everyone is happy?

No, it would be better to fix the powercreep since downstate existed since launch.

@Cyninja.2954 said:First off, your 34 upvotes are near meaningless. You gave no ability for people to contradict you or disagree. That's like making a poll with only YES as an answer. Obviously people who agree will upvote your comment, what exactly are people who disagree going to do? Exactly, nothing.

Second, most forum useres migrate to threads they find interesting to them. People who have no issue with downed state works might not even look at your thread or just skim through it. Forums have a tendacy to amplify any opinion or topic in one of two directions (eihter draw a lot of positiv feedback or the exact opposite).

That happens when you can't read. For the third time,i Do not ask for the removal of downed state and here you are.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:First off, your 34 upvotes are near meaningless. You gave no ability for people to contradict you or disagree. That's like making a poll with only YES as an answer. Obviously people who agree will upvote your comment, what exactly are people who disagree going to do? Exactly, nothing.

That happens when you can't read. For the third time,i Do not ask for the removal of downed state and here you are.

Except that I disagree with the idea that roaming needs anything given.

I was addressing your constant bringing up your 34 up votes as argument while at the same time giving one of the main reasons as to why and how downed state is balanced and implemented. I'll try to be clearer in the future since you seem to have a hard time extrapolating relevant information.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

I was addressing your constant bringing up your 34 up votes as argument while at the same time giving one of the main reasons as to why and how downed state is balanced and implemented. I'll try to be clearer in the future since you seem to have a hard time extrapolating relevant information.

I have to bring that up because clearly people have reading issues. I even gave examples as how to change it yet people keep yelling "I want downed state to stay".

"That can be the ress speed,hp% in downed state,not being able to get up 4x in one minute etc. There are multiple ways to adress this"

Something i also need to keep repeating.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

34 upvotes... thousands upon thousands of players.That alone reinforces his minority comment.

It was an example that certain people do agree with having downed state nerfed in a way as i mentioned sadly its the majority being carried thus defending it.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

I have to bring that up because clearly people have have reading issues. I even gave examples as how to change it yet people keep yelling "I want downed state to stay".

"That can be the ress speed,hp% in downed state,not being able to get up 4x in one minute etc. There are multiple ways to adress this"

Something i also need to keep repeating.

All of which I am fully aware of. Have you also addressed the vastly reduced ttk compared to vanilla?