So... how the hell do you get into raiding?

Ashgar.3024

Not meant to be a whine post but i'm at a loss. Pug groups require experience, guilds require experience, hell even most "training" groups i've seen do (kind of a self-defeating thing but its their business ).

I've been playing this game 2 years now, i PvP'd extensively and did pretty much everything else to a decent degree. I have multiple characters fully decked in Ascended gear (my main is almost fully decked in Legendary gear from SPvP). Raiding wasn't something i really looked into due to my hectic work schedule but this finally changed when i landed a management job.

But i really don't see any forms of opening for newcomers, like at all, despite being very experienced in raiding in other MMOs, including old school (pre-LFR and such) WoW) where new players could always join smaller/casual guilds to at least play content from previous patches.

Am i missing something?

Edit : I play on US.

@Griever.8150 said:But i really don't see any forms of opening for newcomers, like at all, despite being very experienced in raiding in other MMOs, including old school (pre-LFR and such) WoW) where new players could always join smaller/casual guilds to at least play content from previous patches.

Am i missing something?

Edit : I play on US.

and have you tried joining a smaller guild which does raid training in this game? It seems confusing to me that you haven't tried what worked for you in other games here, yet mention those other games.

When training groups ask for experience (outside of Kill Proof or Legendary Insights) they refer to having read up on the boss and maybe watched some instructional videos as to not be completely clueless. There is completely new trainings too though.

It really is hard to find guilds that do raids regularly and accept people with little experience. About the list on snowcrows, I would say only Raid Academy is regularly active on NA. And training groups fill very very quickly. Unless you want to camp discord and lfg and strain your eyes, I would suggest doing what I do : I start my own squad and clearly state that it's open to all and not come looking for a kill. That's about the only way you can get experience with the mechanics without getting shut down, kicked, insulted and so on. I expect I will start my own guild somewhere down the line. I'll keep you posted.

A lot of guilds do raid training, albeit less frequently / more casually than dedicated raid guilds. Two of the guilds that I’m part of do raid training about once a week. I would recommend joining a few training groups / guilds to see what fits you best in both time and style / interaction.