Current Wvw Meta — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Current Wvw Meta

Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 6, 2017 in WvW

burn firebrand x dire scourge.

thats it. these two kill everything.

he who hits the enemies first win.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

<134567

Comments

• Rennie.6750Rennie.6750 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2017

I like burning other's characters. At least, my guardian that I intended to be some sort of knight/paladin originally, can be a true crusader! If you ever meet my firebrand, well, sorry, you get the death sentence by burning because you are of the wrong color! That being said, you can also stick to your party to benefit from group condi cleanses instead of running away like a herd of headless chickens like 90% of the groups...

• @Rennie.6750 said:
    I like burning other's characters. At least, my guardian that I intended to be some sort of knight/paladin originally, can be a true crusader! If you ever meet my firebrand, well, sorry, you get the death sentence by burning because you are of the wrong color! That being said, you can also stick to your party to benefit from group condi cleanses instead of running away like a herd of headless chickens like 90% of the groups...

Deus Vult, brother.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017

guard guard necro necro rev time =)

Basically guard x necro is still very good. And can kill anyone out there because of pirateship tactics - this did not change.

Added the rev for rite of the greatdwarf and hammer. Cor spam is still strong.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:
    guard guard necro necro rev time =)

Basically guard x necro is still very good. And can kill anyone out there because of pirateship tactics - this did not change.

Added the rev for rite of the greatdwarf and hammer. Cor spam is still strong.

Last night during strm raid one of my guildies had a dps thingy on and said my hammer rev was doing top dps, was like lolwhat? And we have firebrand and scouge...

hehe, nice. =) it could even go 1 fb 2 scourge 2 revs for range. power x condi x support.

• Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah it's a bit rough right now.

I'm going on the assumption that Scourge will get nerfed into the ground along with Spellbreaker whenever the "balance patch" happens.

If it doesn't then we have pirate ship for a while, time to check out other games, if it does then we have new toys to play with.

edited October 19, 2017

@Trajan.4953 said:
    Yeah it's a bit rough right now.

I'm going on the assumption that Scourge will get nerfed into the ground along with Spellbreaker whenever the "balance patch" happens.

If it doesn't then we have pirate ship for a while, time to check out other games, if it does then we have new toys to play with.

i was really hoping for bubble change color.

scourge got secret nerfed already, we are forced to change traits and gear to adapt.

spellbreaker = is just ok. they cant really go near a good range group.

firebrand. well, hehe - they are very op now because of the nerf of scourge. dh blocks counters scourge bombs except wells. base guard is still awesome

revenant - very boring but really good. pof came and ppl.forgot it but it shines. new elite sucks though. base rev or herald still king

• Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

We can always hope:)

• stack hammer rev and staff weaver, play full pirate ship -> profit

edited November 8, 2017

Meta update

Wars need support now so they can't solo dive and thats a good change. Use sword x shield to dive tank or counter blow tank elite and get out.

necros are still necros, spam them aoes and enemies will fall. f1 to f5 must be pressed for max spike. i did hope necros were designed more like fb to make it easier on the f1 piano.

weavers are god damage with meteors. pls spam.

rev hammers x condi is still great. demon stance is still awesome as well asdwarf or herald.

guard mantras make it easier to use. empower bots are still good.

mesmer boons x gravity well is still a killer especially together with pulls necro bombs.

the guard rev necro combo is still very much optimal

a six man party if high damage balanced with sustain can take 10 to 15 players if your skill is good in team synergy and enemy skill.

same a 10 man can take 20. 20 can take 35.

and so forth. once you find the right combination of basic specs hot and pof, you will be giggling. I figured it out and so can you.

• Kyon.9735Kyon.9735 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

I was pugging an open guild raid squad earlier and was surprised that I was the only Ele (Weaver) out of the 35 people on it. The other squad had 1 Weaver as well. Everything was pretty much FB, Scourge, and Heralds.

I was pretty surprised myself that despite the high DPS weavers contributes, it seems that guilds would prefer a Celestial FB over it. Can't blame them though, FBs offer defense while at the same time offer good offense. And I still drop to 30-50% HP from Retaliation alone when I use Meteor Shower (I have 15k max HP).

edited November 9, 2017

@ilmau.9781 said:
    meta at the moment is total kitten, as kitten as it never been ever.

Just pirate sheep whole time, 1 hours to engage and who engage first most of the time die due to be forced to walk into an mindless aoe ranged spam.

I am a 1.900 days accout with 6.000 hours of which more than 90% in WvW, and i have never been so disgusted as those days.

I give it a final try to see if Anet do something about but if they do not fix this kitten in a few weeks i will be leaving the game.

the solution is to bait and bomb. but if the other side baits and bomb we're back to the staring contest. hehe.

melee team of firebrand condi rev and spellbreaker can do the trick

@Kyon.9735 said:
    I was pugging an open guild raid squad earlier and was surprised that I was the only Ele (Weaver) out of the 35 people on it. The other squad had 1 Weaver as well. Everything was pretty much FB, Scourge, and Heralds.

I was pretty surprised myself that despite the high DPS weavers contributes, it seems that guilds would prefer a Celestial FB over it. Can't blame them though, FBs offer defense while at the same time offer good offense. And I still drop to 30-50% HP from Retaliation alone when I use Meteor Shower (I have 15k max HP).

meteor showers are really good now as weavers as long as you play it backline. beautiful class. when i pugmand i normally have a mix pot so i really notice the weavers. that wide aoe range kills so many or downs a few once cast.

• Silver.2076Silver.2076 Member ✭✭✭

My personal zerg meta is:
    1/5 Firebrand
    2/5 Scourge
    1/5 Herald
    1/10 Spellbreaker
    1/10 something else like ele, ingi and mesmer

• SloRules.3560SloRules.3560 Member ✭✭✭

@Kyon.9735 said:

It's becouse rev does eles job, while having a lot more sustain. Backline ele is looked at and dies.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SloRules.3560 said:

@Kyon.9735 said:

It's becouse rev does eles job, while having a lot more sustain. Backline ele is looked at and dies.

lack of imagination and balance design leads to that, classes become easilly overwhelmed and sometimes useless in certain roles to other to make people buy them.

what a comp needs

passive def, stab, might up, ae cc, condi clear, waters, reflecr resist- firebrand here (so pls have atleast one)

siege killers and ae damage waters ccs, down finishers (dps staff weaver)

boon removal, ae cc, blasts focus bomb, condi ae cc (rev, necro, war)

veil portal boon stips, pulls etc (mes)

the rest if you have similar skills may sub those mentioned.

thus guard rev necro ele - main 5th class war, mes, or 2nd guard or substitute class.

range is good right now but it should be followed with a strong melee push or backline protected.

as always he who first does a good hit will win.

dealing with condi - coordinated remove condi mantra and purge and staff rev and fire f2 or big waters.

=)

edited November 26, 2017

For those interested in the melee setup. firebrand x spell breaker x power reaper is good.

simply buff, bait the enemy, bomb counter, and go in with melee burn, bombs, wells and shouts.

because of the close range, best works with people in coms

For the pure cheese melee, firebrand x condi herald or base rev x spellbreakers is good.

buff bait, bomb dodge. very fast, lots of boons.

rotgd for rev and resist demon and blasts. support from guards and ccs from spells.

people are now adapating and countering the firebrand x scourge. but it is still good.

For a melee 10 man to 15 combo

Fire fire herald tempest spell
    fire fire herald tempest chrono
    fire fire herald tempest spell

enjoy.

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:

when did scourge learn how to 1 shot?

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

this was pre nerf the first post. check date =)

edited November 26, 2017

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

my point being, so many make claims that necromancer/scourge 'kill everything', yet can't provide sufficient reasoning as to why?

There are only 2 toxic classes in the game that fulfill all meta's and are immune to all meta's.....Necromancer isn't one of them,

Never has and Never will.

edited November 26, 2017

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

my point being, so many make claims that necromancer/scourge 'kill everything', yet can't have sufficient reasoning as to why?

if you bomb together with f1 cast 3 x and then press f 5, the spikes, then stack on top of each other. so instead of 7 hits like hundred blades, x 3. thus 21 from one scourge. and the dhumfire then was strong.

now add the condi dire or trailblaizer as well as food. it was really broken back then. the barrier was long too then.

now add, your burn firebrand, spammable f1s for each kill it refreshes, and can heal, resist, block very well...but the firebrand now is better.

edited November 26, 2017

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

my point being, so many make claims that necromancer/scourge 'kill everything', yet can't have sufficient reasoning as to why?

if you bomb together with f1 cast 3 x and then press 5, the spikes, then stack on top of each other. so instead of 7 hits like hundred blades, x 3. thus 21 from one scourge. and the dhumfire then was strong.

now add the condi dire or trailblaizer as well as food. it was really broken back then. the barrier was long too then.

now add, your burn firebrand, spammable f1s for each kill it refreshes, and can heal, resist, block very well...but the firebrand now is better.

i hear you on that but i wouldn't say these two who kills everything.
    '
    by the way, have you seen the video of 1 elementalist vs 30+ players? (1 shotting zerges everywhere)

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

if you bomb together with f1 cast 3 x and then press 5, the spikes, then stack on top of each other. so instead of 7 hits like hundred blades, x 3. thus 21 from one scourge. and the dhumfire then was strong.

it did when pof came out. =) basically since ppl didnt know how to counter them effectively.

we even just ran pure scourges then and farmed so much.

edited November 26, 2017

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

'
    by the way, have you seen the video of 1 elementalist vs 30+ players? (1 shotting zerges everywhere)

yes, i read what he wrote too. =) according.to that player he also died a lot. whereas what i posted based on composition, held and didn't die as often.

you do know we take vids of our good sides.

edited November 26, 2017

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

it did when pof came out. =) basically since ppl didnt know how to counter them effectively.

I'm not undermining necromancer/scourge: i do admit the class does need some tuning in its damage. Whatever it takes for having risk and reward: i'm all for it

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

I'm not undermining necromancer/scourge: i do admit the class does need some tuning in its damage. Whatever it takes for having risk and reward: i'm all for it.

yup. pls read the succeeding posts. =) the topic has evolved beyond the guard necro combo to the now patch.

will update this again in 28 plus

• @Kyon.9735 said:

meteor showers are really good now as weavers as long as you play it backline. beautiful class. when i pugmand i normally have a mix pot so i really notice the weavers. that wide aoe range kills so many or downs a few once cast.

Beautifull class ???? u knocked ur head somewhere a bit too hard . ELE is a total joke on WVW and WILL remain a total joke until they fix it . Meteor is a very slow and dangerous skill to use even with teleport skill ( and mostly kills idiots or brain dead kitten.) , substain is low and terrible, it life is somewhere close to terrible..and because you HAVE to be near total glass if you actually want to do damage. It dies very fast and easily, seriously i target those very fast and they either run or die . , ALL other dps classes does better job at staying alive, ALL other healer classes do better at healing while actually doing damage or CC or whatever ... , Rotation has a weaver is brain crushing and you better forget about WATER !!! , i WAS ele for 3 years and seriously... when i hear beautifull class it makes me puke. did i mentioned how the skill trees have been demolished to much it bring tears just when thinking bout it ? DID i mentionned how fire line was a farce now and yea... ele are good.. in sieges ! TARGET TOP RIGHT , TARGET TOP LEFT !! BIG BOMB ON TOP !!! PULL!!! ITS A JOKE I CANNOT EVEN CONTAIN MY RAGE SERIOUSLY. : rage ended. oh yea tempest is even more of a joke with the current meta esspecially... unless u believe that auramancer bull. :P

Born into the battlefield...For the glory of WvW !

=) not everyone is good at ele. i saw some who are. 6 v 15 to 20 and the small group with weaver put up a good fight.

besides unless you run a block burn guard, you need ele for wvw raiding vs enemy siege. and killing downs, eles do it fast.

• Last night during strm raid one of my guildies had a dps thingy on and said my hammer rev was doing top dps, was like lolwhat? And we have firebrand and scouge...

I run ArcDPS all the time during WvW fights (I set it to monitor total damage during engagement rather than damage per second).

There is a diverse blend of high damage professions and it only ever gets dominated by Scourge in lord room style fights where the Scourge hits 10 targets all the time instead of 5. That's the key to Scourge seeming overpowered. The amount of targets it hits makes Scourge more like an arrow cart than a player.

During every other 5 target engagement a Scourge will do good damage but is often beaten by revs/spellbreakers/firebrands/weavers.

I've even seen an Engineer obliterate my DPS.

The only class I've never seen beat me is Ranger.

TL;DR - All the new professions are fairly over powered. The problem with Scourge is the high target cap.

• intox.6347intox.6347 Member ✭✭✭

@dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:

Last night during strm raid one of my guildies had a dps thingy on and said my hammer rev was doing top dps, was like lolwhat? And we have firebrand and scouge...

I run ArcDPS all the time during WvW fights (I set it to monitor total damage during engagement rather than damage per second).

There is a diverse blend of high damage professions and it only ever gets dominated by Scourge in lord room style fights where the Scourge hits 10 targets all the time instead of 5. That's the key to Scourge seeming overpowered. The amount of targets it hits makes Scourge more like an arrow cart than a player.

During every other 5 target engagement a Scourge will do good damage but is often beaten by revs/spellbreakers/firebrands/weavers.

I've even seen an Engineer obliterate my DPS.

The only class I've never seen beat me is Ranger.

TL;DR - All the new professions are fairly over powered. The problem with Scourge is the high target cap.

I said it in another topic so scourge is new staff guard. Its easy to play, aoe tag, survivability. Good for melting unexperienced pugs. So for pugmander runs is best option. Boring as hell. Biggest counter ? Strong range ( hammer revs, staff weavers, longbow rangers, deadeyes...) U dont have mobility and reflects... and only few stab.. so also CC get you... still you are range with survivability of guard.
    But once you met in enemy group few hammers rev realising CoR on you, you are insta dead :D

Multiclass WvW player
    Theorycrafted builds tester

• intox.6347intox.6347 Member ✭✭✭

@LordTemujin.5498 said:

Beautifull class ???? u knocked ur head somewhere a bit too hard . ELE is a total joke on WVW and WILL remain a total joke until they fix it . Meteor is a very slow and dangerous skill to use even with teleport skill ( and mostly kills idiots or brain dead kitten.) , substain is low and terrible, it life is somewhere close to terrible..and because you HAVE to be near total glass if you actually want to do damage. It dies very fast and easily, seriously i target those very fast and they either run or die . , ALL other dps classes does better job at staying alive, ALL other healer classes do better at healing while actually doing damage or CC or whatever ... , Rotation has a weaver is brain crushing and you better forget about WATER !!! , i WAS ele for 3 years and seriously... when i hear beautifull class it makes me puke. did i mentioned how the skill trees have been demolished to much it bring tears just when thinking bout it ? DID i mentionned how fire line was a farce now and yea... ele are good.. in sieges ! TARGET TOP RIGHT , TARGET TOP LEFT !! BIG BOMB ON TOP !!! PULL!!! ITS A JOKE I CANNOT EVEN CONTAIN MY RAGE SERIOUSLY. : rage ended. oh yea tempest is even more of a joke with the current meta esspecially... unless u believe that auramancer bull. :P

Wow, you really hate ele :D good old times of cele ele are gone... i dont like weaver much... so when i run ele .. i take core ele or tempest... (when group bigger then 25 take core.... lesser group taking tempest) and yeah... its risky gameplay... you die in choke situations... pushes from A to B (like pushing into lords room in SM... if you push in... u die... if you stay outside... they will focus you and you die)

But what i like is frontline dagger warhorn mistrel auramancer. Heal a lot and still in move... i have also minstrel ventrari rev... but its harder with him to keep up with frontline... also have minstrel firebrand... but from that 3 i mostly run with auramancer.... (even they say FB is better) i am alive all the time, im dieng mostly when we lost.

For DPS ele is better to take substitute as a hammer rev... or scourge... all can do that job better :/

Multiclass WvW player
    Theorycrafted builds tester

edited December 13, 2017

guard guard war necro x is in

=)

fb fb spell scourge x

• Cerby.1069Cerby.1069 Member ✭✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:

sooo ur saying i need to buy pof to win....... well the anet math checks out, so you are probably right.

@Cerby.1069 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

sooo ur saying i need to buy pof to win....... well the anet math checks out, so you are probably right.

well the expansion is big =) but read to the last bit.

reaper is good. herald is good. dh is good.

• HOT professions still have strong viability:

Chronomancer is the meta mesmer build
    Power Reaper is coming back after condi nerf
    Power Herald is meta for the pirate ship teams
    Tempest is still a strong healer, though slowly becoming overshadowed by support FB.

Once pirate ship gets a strong melee counter, then you will see DH, frontline Druid, Tempest, Condi Herald really come back out of the woodwork.

Chariot of Fire [FIRE] ~ Guild Leader and WvW Driver
    Northern Shiverpeaks Server

• MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2017

@xivor.8754 said:
    Once pirate ship gets a strong melee counter, then you will see DH, frontline Druid, Tempest, Condi Herald really come back out of the woodwork.

for that we need an icd on enchantment collapse and i didnt see one in patch notes - dont have a warrior so correct me if i am wrong and it has been changed.
    cause that trait is the only hardcounter to boonspam and no boons = no melee.

after that i think you might be right tho not sure about DH

@MUDse.7623 said:

@xivor.8754 said:

for that we need an icd on enchantment collapse and i didnt see one in patch notes - dont have a warrior so correct me if i am wrong and it has been changed.
    cause that trait is the only hardcounter to boonspam and no boons = no melee.

after that i think you might be right tho not sure about DH

dh works very very good. i have a special team that worked pre patch and works after patch.

why dh blocks shades.

ok will share the setup our 7 man gank squad.

1 spell 2 dh 1 fb 1 scourge 1 engi 1 weaver.

some sea or eu cd or jq can speak up for encountering my slayers xd and friends.

edited December 24, 2017

update

1 fb 1 dh 1 spell 1 rev 1 scourge.

1 fb 2 dh 1 spell 1 scourge

1 fb 2 dh 2 scourge

1 fb 3 dh 1 scourge

1 fb 3 dh 1 spell

1 fb 3 dh 1 herald

very very good right now

Year ends with the age of guardians.

healing condi scourge is on the rise.

blood trait f4 pulls allydowns for heals and revive.

good barrier and strong sustain and condi.

minstrel or cele fb still the backbone, blocks for anti scourge spike.

rite of greatdwarf for rev and tempest aura are strong sustain for spell wod

chrono for gravity, veil , portal, etc.

2 minstrel fb 1 rev 2 cele healing scourg
    2 minstrel fb 1 rev 1 weaver damage 1 cele healing scourge
    1 minstrel fb 1 rev 1 chrono 1 cele heal scourge 1 chrono.

tldr. damage healers on the rise.

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2018

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@X T D.6458 said:
    Fights are just not fun anymore. Its a rarity nowadays that most fights don't end almost instantly.

mmm if blob vs smaller zerg, yes.

Nah, could be even numbers, doesn't matter. It's just not fun constantly having fights end as soon as they start.

BG

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭

PbAoE should be removed from those two classes.

If the scourge wouldn’t Cast a PbAoE shade it wouldn’t be so overpowered, it is ridiculous the actual mechanic and remove any actual skill needed from the player.

The PbAoE added to the FB after the betas is also damaging the gameplay. And the worst offense is Anet did it because somebody complain playing with the fb es difficult.

I’m seeing lately a lot of groups of 4-5 thieves teleporting from nowhere, downing players or escaping with their absurd mobility if it failed.

@X T D.6458 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@X T D.6458 said:
    Fights are just not fun anymore. Its a rarity nowadays that most fights don't end almost instantly.

Nah, could be even numbers, doesn't matter. It's just not fun constantly having fights end as soon as they start.

try the healing necro scourge to sustain your team. it has a pulsing heal of atleast 680 to 1200 depending on how you build it.

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@X T D.6458 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@X T D.6458 said:

try the healing necro scourge to sustain your team. it has a pulsing heal of atleast 680 to 1200 depending on how you build it.

I'm not upset about losing fights lol ;). Steamrolling groups gets boring, and honestly I feel bad for other servers because its demoralizing when you cant even put up a fight because its over so quickly, regardless of numbers.

BG

ah. =) good for you. that should be the attitude of players

@anduriell.6280 said:
    PbAoE should be removed from those two classes.

If the scourge wouldn’t Cast a PbAoE shade it wouldn’t be so overpowered, it is ridiculous the actual mechanic and remove any actual skill needed from the player.

The PbAoE added to the FB after the betas is also damaging the gameplay. And the worst offense is Anet did it because somebody complain playing with the fb es difficult.

I’m seeing lately a lot of groups of 4-5 thieves teleporting from nowhere, downing players or escaping with their absurd mobility if it failed.

hehe thief gank squad is a pain. hehe we were5 and 3 dd kept harassing us. so frsutrating

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.