Current Wvw Meta - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Current Wvw Meta

24567

Comments

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2018

    @hunkamania.7561 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:
    Fights are just not fun anymore. Its a rarity nowadays that most fights don't end almost instantly.

    mmm if blob vs smaller zerg, yes.

    Nah, could be even numbers, doesn't matter. It's just not fun constantly having fights end as soon as they start.

    try the healing necro scourge to sustain your team. it has a pulsing heal of atleast 680 to 1200 depending on how you build it.

    I'm not upset about losing fights lol ;). Steamrolling groups gets boring, and honestly I feel bad for other servers because its demoralizing when you cant even put up a fight because its over so quickly, regardless of numbers.

    You know the game is ded when xvx is steamrolling fights but they probably running open tag blob squad vs 1 quarter numbers

    We've been steamrolling fights for a few years now tyvm. I may not know much about EU servers...but I am 100.847864% sure we never faced Ruins of Surmia : :3

    BG

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This build is bad on so many levels. There's 0 synergy between traits and most of them are useless in a zerg.

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • All of that guys builds are bad. I basically invented Healer scourge and ... No thats not it... Condi Dmg in WvW is useless.. thats why Burn FB is not meta. Cele FB is power. how long gonna take you nubs to figure out FB is a power class? Best power skill for DPS in game? Get with it people.

    Blocks are not to counter Scourge... They are to counter COR from rev. Guard is basically invulnerable to damage in 2 of the 3 books and the other book he is the highest Power DPS in the game...

    Pair the guard with the Healer scourge and you have Ball comp Meta returned and fun for everyone.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Blocks by aegis counter most skills unless unblockable or booncorrupt.
    ex. necro wells, warrior utility disenchant, revenant demon.

    while for you to use it against cor is good, it's not the only time to use it. opportunity arrises to the observant.

    condi is useful in wvw, as most damage is from condi spam. f1 burns, shades grant barrier and support boons. to say condi is useless is to deny all the qq of pkayers for the past months since pof.

    cele guard does hybrid damage power x condi on f1 cc, condi on purges, and power on gs. again, depending on your opponent, you can melee push support your team with f3 5, 3 and 1. you can cc attack with f1 5, 3, 111 or catch enemies with it. can cleanse heal with f2 5 2 4 111. can retal pull retal spin with staff 3, gs 3 5 4 2. its literally the jack of all trades.spec.

    heralds can cor dps x resist upkeep boons woth nature. or dwarf for support in spell wof situations if enemy has lots of spellb. can even go core rev. renegade sorry is lacking.

    mes for the boons x wells and other utils depending on your situation.

    weaver tempest.can either go backline damage or auramancer support for spellb situations.


    sure its nice to focus on only one instance to max your build like heal for support guard or damage from condi necro or burst from burst revs and weaver. but there is more than one way to play. and thst is to adapt depending on the situation.

    A good player will tweak his traits depending on the situation. change trinkets if need. and use tactics and opportunities.


    as for my latest update, support condi necro maybe the better way to go bwcause of the pulsing f4 which is 9 times and to defensively use f5 and f3 as barriers. and f2 upon cleans and f4 for spreaing the zerg.

    dunno how u do it, but this really works well for me. and saves my fingers from spamming too much

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Meetshield.1756Meetshield.1756 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018

    @Sovereign.1093 Condi isn't "useless" its just less than optimal. All Scourge skills are 50% condi 50% power. If they are blocked / evaded then you lose all power and all condi dmg. However if you invest in Condi you can still be further mitigated by condi clear and resistance. Against good teams who have firebrand you will do no damage.

    I had a 41 man squad only 2 of us actually did damage on a bomb. Later we went to the Worm to test DPs and 8 scourges and 2 firebrands were top dmg. I check all of their damage is Condi...

    So why do you think that those same players did almost zero damage to an organized group of players?

    Incase you can't figure it out, its because the organized players had Firebrands who pressed Stab Book 4 and water book 2 and 5...

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018

    @Meetshield.1756 said:
    @Sovereign.1093 Condi isn't "useless" its just less than optimal. All Scourge skills are 50% condi 50% power. If they are blocked / evaded then you lose all power and all condi dmg. However if you invest in Condi you can still be further mitigated by condi clear and resistance. Against good teams who have firebrand you will do no damage.

    I had a 41 man squad only 2 of us actually did damage on a bomb. Later we went to the Worm to test DPs and 8 scourges and 2 firebrands were top dmg. I check all of their damage is Condi...

    So why do you think that those same players did almost zero damage to an organized group of players?

    Incase you can't figure it out, its because the organized players had Firebrands who pressed Stab Book 4 and water book 2 and 5...

    You are talking specifics here. Unorganized vs organized. If 2 organized teams fight, then it may go either way.

    Now check the classes I posted, it's 6 and those 6 collaborate to cover each others weakness.

    scourge to heal and do a bit of condi. fb to be an all rounder. spell breaker to bubble cc remove boons. herald to be your spike power. weaver as backline and mesmers to veil port gravity well boon the team.

    not just one class doing one thing. so yes, there will be condi but there will be power too.


    i think any decent team knows how to bomb as one/bait and bomb as one with melee and range. and refresh when needed.


    now if a good team condi cleanses, you still have your mes and warrior to veil x bubble. your range to pressure them into moving from that healing so books close, and condi to cinsistently pressure and convert their boons.

    its easier to apply than remove

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • ToPNoP.2493ToPNoP.2493 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018

    The meta is not good in my opinion. Warrior is dead again, its just fb, rev, and scourge. everything else is sub par and really not necessary.

    Yes I like comms, but sadly I'm allergic to them.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018

    @ToPNoP.2493 said:
    The meta is not good in my opinion. Warrior is dead again, its just fb, rev, and scourge. everything else is sub par and really not necessary.

    now, i am afk and will be back 19, was there a new patch affecting warriors? because as far as i have used them, they still good 1v1 or 1vx or in zerg =)

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • ToPNoP.2493ToPNoP.2493 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @ToPNoP.2493 said:
    The meta is not good in my opinion. Warrior is dead again, its just fb, rev, and scourge. everything else is sub par and really not necessary.

    now, i am afk and will be back 19, was there a new patch affecting warriors? because as far as i have used them, they still good 1v1 or 1vx or in zerg =)

    This is just an opinion, and there are some people that are a cut above the rest and know warrior really well. But as a thief roamer that attacks everything, I notice the warrior is a bit weak. I could just be fighting newer players, and I play enough to have polished a sorta unorthodox style that many can't deal with, but in general the warrior has disappeared from many parties. Though they are in the zerg a lot, it is there that scourge and firebrand are seemingly a better pick, mainly due to the warrior being unable to jump around when that is exactly what it is designed to do. For roaming, its mostly condi out there because power in general is in a bad place. Also, on my thief I may be a bit more susceptible to condi than power. But a few months ago when power weaver was basically 1 hitting warrior, and scourge was melting everything it came across, I gave the smash and bash and zerging up for the much faster thief. I don't know if the warrior is still weak to power weaver/ele or if viper scourge still melts warrior in seconds, but I don't see myself on a warrior again soon. Warrior was my main/favorite for the longest time. But it seems to get stuck without stability more than not in zerg, and roaming it needs a group due to its lack of mobility and inability to disengage. When I zerg with a warrior. it doesn't take long for me to log in my firebrand instead, and roaming on a warrior is borderlands, which are now empty. I try to roam alone and in eb, and I am quick to leave a group that just cant win. Therefore I see the warrior as an inferior class.

    Yes I like comms, but sadly I'm allergic to them.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ToPNoP.2493 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @ToPNoP.2493 said:
    The meta is not good in my opinion. Warrior is dead again, its just fb, rev, and scourge. everything else is sub par and really not necessary.

    now, i am afk and will be back 19, was there a new patch affecting warriors? because as far as i have used them, they still good 1v1 or 1vx or in zerg =)

    There are some people that are a cut above the rest. But as a roamer that attacks everything, I notice the warrior is a bit weak. I could just be getting newer players, but in general the warrior has disappeared from many parties. Though they are in the zerg a lot, the scourge and firebrand are seemingly a better pick. For roaming, its mostly condi, power in general is in a bad place. Also, on my thief I may just be a bit more susceptible to condi than power, but when weaver was basically 1 hitting warrior I gave the greatsword up for the much faster thief. I don't know if that has changed, but I don't see myself on a warrior again soon. It was my main for the longest time, but it seems to get stuck more than not in zerg, and roaming it needs a group due to lacking mobility. Therefore, I see it as an inferior class.

    noted.

    i mainly play zergs. anything less than 7, i just ask my team to go full damage with 1 focusing as pure healer support.

    i just think the hammer really does nice cc

    but as solo, i get bored too fast.

    ranger is op, and those engies.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • ToPNoP.2493ToPNoP.2493 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2018

    I agree on druid, if built right and in the right hands it is probably one of the strongest classes. And holo has one shot stopping power if it gets its stun off. Holo can be unbeatable in the right hands, it can just disappear and scurry off fast, or out tough/damage if the player is better than looking at his/her keyboard. Druid is the same, a lot of mobility and invis. But unlike the engi, I can catch, and pass the druid if its running away. There are a few Boz players that are causing a stir with their druids, it is kinda funny (cause I just announce them in map chat like an event monster to destroy, and kill the glassy ones first). But really, groups like them are only harmful when no good players who can evade, organize, and not die are around. There are sure a lot of great niches in wvw right now, but the zergs seem to be waning, at least on my server. I think the future of wvw gameplay will be more like Maguuma, random players with random classes (mostly scourge) on a random tag. The reason for this in my opinion, guild leaders are less likely to be team designers and therefore the zerg hosting guild, which takes an intelligent leader, is dying.

    Yes I like comms, but sadly I'm allergic to them.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2018

    Feb 6 2018 update.

    fb scrg scrge sb x is the basic setup now.

    boons team is viable now.

    fb sb chrono scourge scourge
    fb sb herald scourge scourge
    fb sb weaver scourge scourge

    major change

    power and condi is balanced.
    will need more corrupt boon or remove boon

    key. ae boon removal boon spam boon corrupt.

    fb minstrel hammer interrupt guard.
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJASWn8ABtChdDBOCD8DhFLCLL8UeOP7nz258ELAcAeAA-j1xHQBPUJIAeCAw7CAq/AQlfgTXQ+OEAhb/hAAHA3ff2ffg7v/+7v/+a/93f/93f/93ffpAycvG-w

    give boons, support, and hold x steal boons of those pushing.

    sb
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAS8enMdAF7ilhAu6CM7ilqADPEPiTxK9gGXOAZx1ACAA-jlCEQBA4gB0GdAA8BAwFlgOR53DOCA+T9H3o54fXAgYs/QAgDgzPPzbew5nf+5nfeN/8zP/8zP/8zPvUAau1C-w

    bubble hammer steal boons

    scourge cele healer

    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmOD7koXopXsmGwrXgtXs0NYTPgNWAg6DMCOU690haSF-j1xHABA8EASU9nlU+B+FB4n9HcT3wcKBvHEAsIBWVpqqqkCozZaA-w

    you give the constant barriers healing and damage.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • anyone out there that rolls double dwarf revs in parties? was thinking how nasty that would be.

    you don't know till you know, ya know.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    anyone out there that rolls double dwarf revs in parties? was thinking how nasty that would be.

    it be nasty because of the balancing of condi and power

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 May i ask why you use warhorn on heal scourge? Wouldnt torch be better? And, also, just out of curiosity, would water/monk/scourge runes work just as well, or maybe better? Thanks for your time!

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Voltekka.2375 said:
    @Sovereign.1093 May i ask why you use warhorn on heal scourge? Wouldnt torch be better? And, also, just out of curiosity, would water/monk/scourge runes work just as well, or maybe better? Thanks for your time!

    i use warhorn for the speed. torch is good if you have a herald or for killing ac.

    ax torch/staff is good if guild run but i wrote this for militia who normally has problems with speed.

    you can even use travellers rune. key is healing atleast 600 to 1k is optimal.

    monk is good or water or scourge. i use scourge rune now but i am thinking travellers is better for the militia.

    =)

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Weaver is really good in WvW :)

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Mini Crinny.6190 said:
    Weaver is really good in WvW :)

    it is. =)

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Berserker rev may be a good option. so, hammer it up =)

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Just asking your opinion, don't you think the meta shifted even more into pirateship?

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2018

    DKRathalos.9625 , it felt that way...at least for me that play a mace shield shout guardian, i felt forced to play concecrations the last time i played, while WoR was useless cause every damage was AOE ground based...

    So far i stoped playing my guardian(migh delete it in future to make a elementalist with my guardian name), i might swap to mesmer or play some dumb build that aoe spams with high damage from afar.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2018

    @DKRathalos.9625 said:
    Just asking your opinion, don't you think the meta shifted even more into pirateship?

    No. boons zerg is back. =)

    fb sb rev scourge scourge is the way.

    why? fb for support stab healing cleansing.

    sb for boonstrips cc and melee damage.

    scourge for condi and barriers and sustain

    rev for stab strip and spammable cor.

    Simple rotation of buff speed stab curupt winds cc spikes then refresh.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Anet totally screwed front liners. This is possibly the worst balance patch ever!

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    have a scourge for barrier support

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Voltekka.2375 said:
    @Sovereign.1093 May i ask why you use warhorn on heal scourge? Wouldnt torch be better? And, also, just out of curiosity, would water/monk/scourge runes work just as well, or maybe better? Thanks for your time!

    i use warhorn for the speed. torch is good if you have a herald or for killing ac.

    ax torch/staff is good if guild run but i wrote this for militia who normally has problems with speed.

    you can even use travellers rune. key is healing atleast 600 to 1k is optimal.

    monk is good or water or scourge. i use scourge rune now but i am thinking travellers is better for the militia.

    =)

    Ok. After trying out small variations of the support scourge (EU server here), i gotta say it is great. Barrier stacking pre-push, transfusing, barrier stacking on melee mid-combat and decent condi dmg make this essential for blobbing. Thanks!

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Voltekka.2375 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Voltekka.2375 said:
    @Sovereign.1093 May i ask why you use warhorn on heal scourge? Wouldnt torch be better? And, also, just out of curiosity, would water/monk/scourge runes work just as well, or maybe better? Thanks for your time!

    i use warhorn for the speed. torch is good if you have a herald or for killing ac.

    ax torch/staff is good if guild run but i wrote this for militia who normally has problems with speed.

    you can even use travellers rune. key is healing atleast 600 to 1k is optimal.

    monk is good or water or scourge. i use scourge rune now but i am thinking travellers is better for the militia.

    =)

    Ok. After trying out small variations of the support scourge (EU server here), i gotta say it is great. Barrier stacking pre-push, transfusing, barrier stacking on melee mid-combat and decent condi dmg make this essential for blobbing. Thanks!

    add f4 too. 12s of consistent healing. rotate with another scourge

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • @Meetshield.1756 said:
    All of that guys builds are bad. I basically invented Healer scourge

    I was a healing necro since reaper came out even when everyone hated me playing it, I told them just wait till healing necro becomes meta xD

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    =) not meta yet but the group with such necro wilk beat the ones without.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Why focus purely on healing on a class which doesnt scale at all with it instead of going hybrid (celestial) and kill/corrupt enemies while also providing good support to your allies?

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • Egorum.9506Egorum.9506 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2018

    better off getting rallies than trying to heal, you can burst better than you can keep people up. the problem with a hybrid healer scourge is all of your damage comes from the shades, and if you're healing they're going to be placed onto your teammates and not the enemy.

    Now an offensive scourge running res support on the other hand...

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2018

    @steki.1478 said:
    Why focus purely on healing on a class which doesnt scale at all with it instead of going hybrid (celestial) and kill/corrupt enemies while also providing good support to your allies?

    hi cele is viable.

    we just focus more on condi aspect.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @steki.1478 said:
    Why focus purely on healing on a class which doesnt scale at all with it instead of going hybrid (celestial) and kill/corrupt enemies while also providing good support to your allies?

    hi cele is viable.

    we just focus more on condi aspect.

    You mentioned support necros, which make no sense since scourge offers strong support without even focusing specs/gear on it.

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2018

    a,a azaa,~{~{{,~{~{~{,{~> @steki.1478 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @steki.1478 said:
    Why focus purely on healing on a class which doesnt scale at all with it instead of going hybrid (celestial) and kill/corrupt enemies while also providing good support to your allies?

    hi cele is viable.

    we just focus more on condi aspect.

    You mentioned support necros, which make no sense since scourge offers strong support without even focusing specs/gear on it.

    blood trait 113.

    more on bariers cleanse heal and pull on f4 and heavy barrier on f5

    works well with a damage class.

    i'll try to make a sample vid to show how it works. =)

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2018

    check my hp. in this vid, my most trusted scourge red keeps my hp barried up against many greens. reason why my hp stays tops is the consistent f2 f3 rotation to ckeanse my condi, give me barriers and heal.me with f4. it's a moving healing machine.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The reason why you're full HP is because enemies dont do any damage. Even barrier disappears before it gets damaged. And if you need a heal/barrier focused scourge to keep firebrand alive, then you're doing something really wrong with that fb.

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • @Kagusaki.3176 said:

    @Meetshield.1756 said:
    All of that guys builds are bad. I basically invented Healer scourge

    I was a healing necro since reaper came out even when everyone hated me playing it, I told them just wait till healing necro becomes meta xD

    I was heal nec when life blast healed allies it passed thru (chest thump). that trait lasted about a month lol before they scrapped it.

    you don't know till you know, ya know.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @steki.1478 said:
    The reason why you're full HP is because enemies dont do any damage. Even barrier disappears before it gets damaged. And if you need a heal/barrier focused scourge to keep firebrand alive, then you're doing something really wrong with that fb.

    ^^ it got the job done.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • SnowPumpkin.1809SnowPumpkin.1809 Member ✭✭
    edited February 18, 2018

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Trajan.4953 said:
    Yeah it's a bit rough right now.

    I'm going on the assumption that Scourge will get nerfed into the ground along with Spellbreaker whenever the "balance patch" happens.

    If it doesn't then we have pirate ship for a while, time to check out other games, if it does then we have new toys to play with.

    i was really hoping for bubble change color.

    scourge got secret nerfed already, we are forced to change traits and gear to adapt.

    spellbreaker = is just ok. they cant really go near a good range group.

    firebrand. well, hehe - they are very op now because of the nerf of scourge. dh blocks counters scourge bombs except wells. base guard is still awesome

    revenant - very boring but really good. pof came and ppl.forgot it but it shines. new elite sucks though. base rev or herald still king

    I main spellbreaker with GS and LB. I am able to pew pew a zerg, build up my endurance, use my F2 to full counter, run in throw a bubble with my feather foot grace. You just need to learn how to play it in zerg and it's awesome, even against long range.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SnowPumpkin.1809 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Trajan.4953 said:
    Yeah it's a bit rough right now.

    I'm going on the assumption that Scourge will get nerfed into the ground along with Spellbreaker whenever the "balance patch" happens.

    If it doesn't then we have pirate ship for a while, time to check out other games, if it does then we have new toys to play with.

    i was really hoping for bubble change color.

    scourge got secret nerfed already, we are forced to change traits and gear to adapt.

    spellbreaker = is just ok. they cant really go near a good range group.

    firebrand. well, hehe - they are very op now because of the nerf of scourge. dh blocks counters scourge bombs except wells. base guard is still awesome

    revenant - very boring but really good. pof came and ppl.forgot it but it shines. new elite sucks though. base rev or herald still king

    I main spellbreaker with GS and LB. I am able to pew pew a zerg, build up my endurance, use my F2 to full counter, run in throw a bubble with my feather foot grace. You just need to learn how to play it in zerg and it's awesome, even against long range.

    =) i do command with a spell breaker. as long as it works, more power to you.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Good stuff many new and returning players like this type of content

    It's prime for change

  • Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2018

    The builds I use and fit this meta pretty well are:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o7RWNG7FgtS5nJfmUV8Uf2ZZ8Xde2koOtSTpr-GZU6E/edit?usp=sharing

    It doesnt have condi scourge, condi dh or backline rev in it, because I dont play those builds due to the dull nature. (considering melee rev is better and condi scourge has barely any outplay mechanics).

    Power Scourge is pretty much there to show that the power well build is still viable and more..... Fun? But definitely not for staff camping pugs that dont understand how life siphon and spiteful spirit work.

    They obviously aren't 100% optimized because I play so many classes.

    These builds take into consideration lot of things like how much might you will be getting from other players, max potential of each trait and what will be best for larger zergs in general (lot of semi choke fights).

    Ri Ba - WvW Commander, scout, loudmouth, tryhard
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2018

    Monthly update.

    Fb as support is the pillar of the zerg. Atleast 1 per party.
    Sb as boon removal softens the zerg. Atleast 3 in any busting comp.
    Rev as range damage kills from afar. atleast 1 per group. can be core for rite or herald.
    Scourge as boons to condi and barriers downstate control. Atleast 1

    The traditional 5 man per party can be made to 7. By this setup we fought off groups bigger than us and won.

    2 fb 1 sb 1 rev 3 scourge. 7 man party
    2 fb 1 sb 1 rev 1 scourfe 5 man party

    4 fb 3 sb 3 rev 4 scourge 1 chrono 15 man team.
    1 fb and or scourge may be weaver or druid or engi or thief.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2018

    I only ran roaming yesterday and going by my enemies it looks exactly the same. Spellbreakers in particular still make up a vast majority of fights and you still need 3 people to bring one down because they are still kitten near immortal. I honestly didnt notice the increased cds. Too early to tell how it looks overall though. Didnt meet a single mirage, only one chrono (which fell too easy). Only met one weaver too, didnt put up much of a fight.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    I only ran roaming yesterday and going by my enemies it looks exactly the same. Spellbreakers in particular still make up a vast majority of fights and you still need 3 people to bring one down because they are still kitten near immortal. I honestly didnt notice the increased cds.

    what class do you play?

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    New patch update.

    Core x herald dwarf and demon has been buffed with less cd and more cleanses and kess energy consumption.

    scourge a boost for power based or cele builds running wells. more cd for shroud skills. but can now shade walls again.

    warrior feathergrace push is now nerfed because longer cd, zerk stance is a good option, more damage on sword weapon and hammer, and to burst skill trait. now ootion to run rampage x banner if yiu have more than 4 wars in team.

    fb heals were reduced in effectiveness but all else is as is.

    weaver got boosted because everyone else got nerfed so a good damag option

    minstrel chrono remains good for boon share wells time warp or mass invis veil.

    dd root thief got boosted as it remains the same and as others got berfed. so rooting is a standard.

    notable changes

    bombing as one and coordination is needed more now because in general skill cd increased in duration

    will update builds before april mid.

    suggested comp for 15 man

    fb fb rev scourge scourge
    fb rev sb sb scourge
    fb chrono scourge x x

    suggested for 10 man

    fb rev sb scourge scourge
    fb fb dd rev scourge

    suggested 7 man team (slayers xd comp)

    fb fb x class sb scourge scourge scourge.

    Sovereign

    As always, great advice from you. Cheers!

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    I only ran roaming yesterday and going by my enemies it looks exactly the same. Spellbreakers in particular still make up a vast majority of fights and you still need 3 people to bring one down because they are still kitten near immortal. I honestly didnt notice the increased cds.

    what class do you play?

    Power mirage most of the time, was on about 2h with that.

    Jumped on 20m with my condi scrapper too... lol. Thats still just as bad as usual, cant compete on the condi end with anything since PoF and despite having 3K armor you get squished by spellbreakers pumping out 5K full counters and 8K arcing slice etc while blowtorch still handle like you are trying to shoot it while jumping on one leg having an arm tied behind your back and your head stuck in a bucket.

  • Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Dear Arenanet,

    I'm not angry, I'm disappointed.

    Lots of love from the rest of the world.

    Necro. Never knowingly blasting combo fields since 2012.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    I only ran roaming yesterday and going by my enemies it looks exactly the same. Spellbreakers in particular still make up a vast majority of fights and you still need 3 people to bring one down because they are still kitten near immortal. I honestly didnt notice the increased cds.

    what class do you play?

    Power mirage most of the time, was on about 2h with that.

    Jumped on 20m with my condi scrapper too... lol. Thats still just as bad as usual, cant compete on the condi end with anything since PoF and despite having 3K armor you get squished by spellbreakers pumping out 5K full counters and 8K arcing slice etc while blowtorch still handle like you are trying to shoot it while jumping on one leg having an arm tied behind your back and your head stuck in a bucket.

    as a roamer you shouldn't have so much armor. maybe not get more than 2.5k armor - work on getting atleast 200 crit damage 50 crit the rest probably on power. maybe 17k up hp :) it's more about knowing the sb though. they' die a lot from range. so keep away / condi them and don't be too daring.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.