Current Wvw Meta - Page 6 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Current Wvw Meta

Comments

• Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Israel.7056 said:
    At least it doesn't take years to get geared on one toon and then constantly reintroduce another treadmill that puts you right back in pve land every expansion like most mmos. I've only ever used two sets of gear since hot came out and one was mostly from drops and the other I bought mostly with tickets that I got just for showing up so on balance this game is still pretty amazing.

Luckily PvE is so rewarding I'm showering in gear and no matter what they introduce, i'll always be able to outright buy it.
    All that off doing raidclears once a week. Barely 1/5th of my WvW playtime.

Thank god gear is so trivial that as long as players are ... willing to wear half-decent gear (which appears to be an issue), skill isn't determined by level / gearlevel / some asian RNG upgrade system / ...

Also combat is still very fluid. Name a few mmo's with more fluid combat. I doubt you can.

Never even done raids hasn't been an issue. That alone makes gw2 worth playing imo.

I actually tried raids last week..... i just said to my friends "u guys are useless ill go back to WvW, how can u guys play with this DULLNESS and dumbness of this mobs???"
    Good thing in the game is due how PVE is awfull, we still have players to fight :| on large scale...and we have the option to avoid all this bad pve lol.

WvW isnt puurrrrfect its all about aoe spam, it has alot(really alot) of issues but still more interesting than stand still hitting sponges that are designed to be dumb so players can feel good...kek

Most of the groups i'm fighting are barely better than the GW2 raid AI. I see 50 man zergs walk on top of the outer sm walls only to get bombed by 20 players from below and lose half their players on a regular basis. It's almost like having incredibly easy PvE design and no challenging content ever has lead to an unskilled playerbase. Path of the least resistance will do that for you. Why improve if you get all the loot anyways? There are entire matchups where I find PvE more challenging than any group we can find in wvw ;). There are a LOT of players in WvW trying to get their legendary armor through there because they're not good enough to raid. So what does that say about your enemies in WvW?

I agree that if you get good enemies, WvW is far more fun and challenging. But the average WvW player probably can't even succesfully clear easy raid bosses without getting hard-carried. Yes, the skill level in GW2 really is that low. If you want a challenge - just make your own raid LFG for ... lets say sloth? Title your lfg "W2 Sloth - All welcome!!" and you'll understand. If raids were like WvW, where you cannot in exclude players from joining you, then I imagine they'd be difficult to pug ;)

I enjoy all three gamemodes, and the ONLY gamemode which can consistently provide challenging gameplay is PvP because it's rating-based. I guess you can get a challenge in WvW if you're set on capping the enemy garri regardless of ACs and other siege, but once you succeed it'll still be a dead game.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Israel.7056 said:
    At least it doesn't take years to get geared on one toon and then constantly reintroduce another treadmill that puts you right back in pve land every expansion like most mmos. I've only ever used two sets of gear since hot came out and one was mostly from drops and the other I bought mostly with tickets that I got just for showing up so on balance this game is still pretty amazing.

Luckily PvE is so rewarding I'm showering in gear and no matter what they introduce, i'll always be able to outright buy it.

Thank god gear is so trivial that as long as players are ... willing to wear half-decent gear (which appears to be an issue), skill isn't determined by level / gearlevel / some asian RNG upgrade system / ...

Also combat is still very fluid. Name a few mmo's with more fluid combat. I doubt you can.

Never even done raids hasn't been an issue. That alone makes gw2 worth playing imo.

I actually tried raids last week..... i just said to my friends "u guys are useless ill go back to WvW, how can u guys play with this DULLNESS and dumbness of this mobs???"
    Good thing in the game is due how PVE is awfull, we still have players to fight :| on large scale...and we have the option to avoid all this bad pve lol.

WvW isnt puurrrrfect its all about aoe spam, it has alot(really alot) of issues but still more interesting than stand still hitting sponges that are designed to be dumb so players can feel good...kek

well pve is like that, you just have to remember the pattern with the right gear and it is easy.

like pvp, once you have a static group, basically you already kill and win majority of the maches. the challenge in pvp is 2 players carrying the team. :)

while in wvw, you meet a mixed pot of randoms. good or not good enemies. and nos.

you should have been online yesterday. you would have enjoyed to home bl defense

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

edited August 23, 2018

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

well pve is like that, you just have to remember the pattern with the right gear and it is easy.
    like pvp, once you have a static group, basically you already kill and win majority of the maches. the challenge in pvp is 2 players carrying the team. :)

Yes. Same for WvW. If you get 20 players on the right gear able to coordinate a half decent first push, then you'll one push almost all the groups you encounter.

The challenge in PvP is not 2 players carrying the team, except in NA to some extent. The challenge in PvP is that you actually get (statistically) stronger enemies the better you do. That doesn't happen anywhere else.

while in wvw, you meet a mixed pot of randoms. good or not good enemies. and nos.

Yup. And most of them, in my opinion, are more predictable and easier to beat than 100% predictable PvE bosses which can be 5 manned. :expressionless:

you should have been online yesterday. you would have enjoyed to home bl defense

I was online. I'm not really going to join your guild or move to T4 NA. I prefer T5 eu ;)

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2018

@Etheri.5406, i think Anet kinda enforced that mentality on players, they carry alot of players with the current lack of mechanics and make players class progression towards spam/powercreep builds every excpantions, that doent help as well., wich will bork up pvp and wvw.
    Btw i joined sov guild xD(i actually did).
    Our server is get ktrain or we will ktrain since when u have similiar numbers and a decent commander things get harder for other servers and they start to bail out if needs to be fighthing, sadly most dont do WVW for fight for strucutres nor pvp part, some actually do for ktrain and feel rewarded about no fights at all.
    I also met some players on ou server that said that fight empty servers was very skilled, cause we need to know how to do that.... oh well typical gw2 player... its a funny server and if u need pip farm we spend alot of time outmaned ^^ on my EU time.

@Sovereign.1093 :\
    Sadly pve is that.... mobs need to simulate some behaviors, pve would become far far better with that, and players would gain better habits.

hence why wvw requires more than any other game mode =)

edited August 23, 2018

@Aeolus.3615 said:
    @Etheri.5406, i think Anet kinda enforced that mentality on players, they carry alot of players with the current lack of mechanics and make players class progression towards spam/powercreep builds every excpantions, that doent help as well., wich will bork up pvp and wvw.

The casual majority of the game demands it. Anything remotely difficult is repeatedly asked here to get nerfs, especially in PvE.

Any mob that can kill players. Anything that they can die to. Any story instance that isn't cleared by pressing 1. It receives complaints. Sometimes I genuinely wonder how they even manage to make builds dysfunctional enough to die to this kind of stuff... But they manage.

Then they pretend that's how the game always was. Orr got nerfed because !!!!! omg anet plz. HoT zones got nerfed because the same. Several meta events were made easier. CC as a whole was revamped into a "one type fits all system" which is still too complicated for players to grasp. Even after years of powercreep, people struggle with boss blitz xD. Fractals and raids also regularly get complaints for requiring easier modes, removing anything that makes it difficult, ...

Yet when this happens it's never actually made gameplay or these players better. It's just made players progressively worse :o

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

The casual majority of the game demands it. Anything remotely difficult is repeatedly asked here to get nerfs, especially in PvE.

Any mob that can kill players. Anything that they can die to. Any story instance that isn't cleared by pressing 1. It receives complaints. Sometimes I genuinely wonder how they even manage to make builds dysfunctional enough to die to this kind of stuff... But they manage.

Then they pretend that's how the game always was. Orr got nerfed because !!!!! omg anet plz. HoT zones got nerfed because the same. Several meta events were made easier. CC as a whole was revamped into a "one type fits all system" which is still too complicated for players to grasp. Even after years of powercreep, people struggle with boss blitz xD. Fractals and raids also regularly get complaints for requiring easier modes, removing anything that makes it difficult, ...

Yet when this happens it's never actually made gameplay or these players better. It's just made players progressively worse :o

yeah i remember when hot at the beggining could be a funny challenge, but a few QQ about how hard it was(players dont want to move nor dodge) that Anet made it so dull, im even yet to finish HoT -.-".

@Etheri.5406, -.-" relly Orr got nerfed? whut?
    No wonder every mob feels trash mob, hitting 10k on them while they dont even touch me...

• Warlord.9074Warlord.9074 Member ✭✭✭

It's for a lot of different reasons that a majority of wvw players are bad at the game. You can't group them all into the same category because they are all bad for different reasons. The bar is low for being competent or even decent. Thats the sadest part.

• Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Warlord.9074 said:
    It's for a lot of different reasons that a majority of wvw players are bad at the game. You can't group them all into the same category because they are all bad for different reasons. The bar is low for being competent or even decent. Thats the sadest part.

I don't know if it's sad. GW2 is actually a pretty hard game imo and people have other things they do outside of GW2 that also take up their time and mental energy. Many GW2 players have full time jobs and families that require a lot of time and effort to do well at and maintain. "Good" players have usually spent thousands upon thousands of hours practicing and maybe even studying tape to try to improve so it's really a surprise that anyone is any good when you think about it.

• Tehologist.5841Tehologist.5841 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2018

They are bad because they are ignored and no one takes the time to explain to them what they should do or how to improve. If you mostly play PVE alot of the builds use zerker, you die instantly in WvW if you run around in zerker gear for instance. Even people coming to WvW for their dailies could be useful, point them at some simple objectives that are easy and useful. Go kill guards at enemy keep with waypoint for instance, so zergs have to run further to regroup.

@Tehologist.5841 said:
    They are bad because they are ignored and no one takes the time to explain to them what they should do or how to improve. If you mostly play PVE alot of the builds use zerker, you die instantly in WvW if you run around in zerker gear for instance. Even people coming to WvW for their dailies could be useful, point them at some simple objectives that are easy and useful. Go kill guards at enemy keep with waypoint for instance, so zergs have to run further to regroup.

This may be the case for some people but I've also encountered many people who just don't care about trying to improve. There's nothing that can be done for these sorts of people because they don't really care.

edited August 23, 2018

They usually just end up on wvw forums complaining how everyone else is newbs and bad at the game. The true wvw meta.

@Israel.7056 said:

@Tehologist.5841 said:

This may be the case for some people but I've also encountered many people who just don't care about trying to improve. There's nothing that can be done for these sorts of people because they don't really care.

I'm on a server that spams build links yet I constantly get told off by core rangers with several thousand ranks, which are online more frequently than I am.

Hardcore casual players with thousands of hours of playtime who prefer to not improve and try at all aren't exactly rare in this game. And frankly, those are the only players I'm trying to get rid of. Nobody minds players who are new or inexperienced and willing to learn.

I'm an elitist and I don't kick players for being low rank, not having titles or rallybotting. I kick them for not being willing to adapt their build, insisting on doing their own thing, refusing to follow guildraids, throwing tantrums about the "rights" of the casual player, ...
    :trollface:

edited August 23, 2018

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Tehologist.5841 said:

I'm on a server that spams build links yet I constantly get told off by core rangers with several thousand ranks, which are online more frequently than I am.

Hardcore casual players with thousands of hours of playtime who prefer to not improve and try at all aren't exactly rare in this game. And frankly, those are the only players I'm trying to get rid of. Nobody minds players who are new or inexperienced and willing to learn.

I'm an elitist and I don't kick players for being low rank, not having titles or rallybotting. I kick them for not being willing to adapt their build, insisting on doing their own thing, refusing to follow guildraids, throwing tantrums about the "rights" of the casual player, ...

Those players are great for making PvX videos, without them those videos would not exist. Need someone to farm right? :) On a serious note, the only players that actually bother me are the ones that camp at spawn and don't move or do anything. I have no idea what they are doing other than causing queues at times.

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Tehologist.5841 said:

Yeah it's that attitude that's just totally unworkable because that's the point. There's really nothing that can be said or done for those people just gotta move on.

@Tehologist.5841 said:

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Tehologist.5841 said:

Those players are great for making PvX videos, without them those videos would not exist. Need someone to farm right? :) On a serious note, the only players that actually bother me are the ones that camp at spawn and don't move or do anything. I have no idea what they are doing other than causing queues at times.

No actually I don't want to play with or against these players at all. Also they are tactically AFK'ing their rewards. Most of them will magically un-afk the moment we're farming the enemies reliably, then go back to their spot at spawn as soon as we lose 1-2 fights. It's called leeching rewards.

Some people like roaming and completing objectives, their primary goal isn't to fight blobs of other players. For them meta is high mobility builds that may be low damage that are complete kitten. However, they let them get around the map quickly and kill dolyaks, guards and take the occasional outpost. As long as they aren't harassing the people tagging or other players then just let them be. If they make the occasional report of enemy zerg position all the better. I bet the majority of people doing wvw dailies who primarily pve do this as not everyone likes pvp. I am glad we have desert borderlands, perfect place for this kind of playing.

I can understand frustration if they just follow around your blob or constantly try to join your squad if you are a person that only wants meta builds. Just think of them as meat shields, they usually die pretty quick and then no longer an issue for you.

@Tehologist.5841 said:
    Some people like roaming and completing objectives, their primary goal isn't to fight blobs of other players. For them meta is high mobility builds that may be low damage that are complete kitten. However, they let them get around the map quickly and kill dolyaks, guards and take the occasional outpost. As long as they aren't harassing the people tagging or other players then just let them be. If they make the occasional report of enemy zerg position all the better. I bet the majority of people doing wvw dailies who primarily pve do this as not everyone likes pvp. I am glad we have desert borderlands, perfect place for this kind of playing.

I can understand frustration if they just follow around your blob or constantly try to join your squad if you are a person that only wants meta builds. Just think of them as meat shields, they usually die pretty quick and then no longer an issue for you.

It's not a big deal if it's one or two guys who basically one push every fight but it becomes an issue when it's 10 or 15 or 20 god bless them. Then it gets pretty tough to do much because at some point it becomes necessary to actually win fights.

• @Israel.7056 said:

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

Dungeons and Dragons online (Standing Stone Games )

Warframe ( Digital Extremes)

Black Desert Online

@Kathul.1280 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Israel.7056 said:

Dungeons and Dragons online (Standing Stone Games )

Warframe ( Digital Extremes)

Black Desert Online

With teh amount of desync in BDO, I don't really consider it more "fluid" but I agree the combos feel very satisfying. Warframe is nice but has its own struggles. Never played dnd online; I'll have a look I guess.

BDO is also an endless grindfest where BiS gear is very very hard to get whereas GW2 it's pretty easy and you never have to worry about new gear being introduced. That being said BDO combat is very fun.

basic test results on a fun 3 way at sm. =)

looking good. will test some more.

• geist.9173geist.9173 Member ✭✭✭

I may be alone, but I liked the option to condi cleanse before dying and dodging out of red circles.
    This new "one shot" meta by hits above 10k on full toughness and partially out of stealth hasn't improved the game mode at all. Skill is completely usesless now, because you don't see half the enemy players fighting you to have a chance to dodge something

There is still time to change the course of history.

edited August 25, 2018

@geist.9173 said:
    I may be alone, but I liked the option to condi cleanse before dying and dodging out of red circles.
    This new "one shot" meta by hits above 10k on full toughness and partially out of stealth hasn't improved the game mode at all. Skill is completely usesless now, because you don't see half the enemy players fighting you to have a chance to dodge something

there is a way. rev demon stance can keep u safe. =)

in a good team condi isnt even an issue anymore.

• geist.9173geist.9173 Member ✭✭✭

That's what I meant. But no we have a completely skill free power meta. GG

There is still time to change the course of history.

@geist.9173 said:
    That's what I meant. But no we have a completely skill free power meta. GG

mmm... maybe a perspective thing. i mean there are really good ones out there.

edited August 29, 2018

initial patch testing.

slight change to our rev was done and weaver and ranger.

kinda supports our current setup

first vid pre patch 2nd after patch

edited August 30, 2018

summary of pre patch.

Pvt is no longer the standard tanky gear for wvw.

basis. enemy condi and pvt lacks the sustain.

in support of pvt, it is still cheap and if you are simply zerging it will work.

the old school pvt melandru energy blood lust will keep you safe.

It is now celestials.

Basis. All stats except boons and condi duration.

In any build it will work, subject to weapon combination.

Pre patch

celestials dura energy concentration works very well. even until now.

so, if you are aiming for a one build stat forever, this is it. (i hazard by posting this, anet may actually nerf cele and introduce a new cele stat in the future)

what cele is not. it is not a min maxed stat. so you will get pawned by those who specialize in some situations. but chances you will win in majority of the situations.

ex. solo - some dps or condi will kill you or you cant kill them but simply sustain.

groups 5 to 10 -you will survive and if you outsustain the above, you can wither them over time. assuming all in your group is cele.

11 to zerg - you will shine here. you heal damage sustain. basically the trinity.

caveat - gvg - is best left to your guild builds. cele builds probably can sustain you but particular setups that synergize will beat you.

progression

if new to wvw, use what you have. craft cele gear, then craft your particular experimental build to min max.

it will take you at least 2 months to work on full ascended cele, but it is worth it. you can use it forever.

warning celestials are the 2nd best gear. 1st being the current meta. so if you aim to go cele, it will save you gold. but it is not quick.

sample cele guard vs minstrel guard.

you build a cele guard within 2 months. if you have money, 1 day minstrel guard. cele is 2nd to minstrel. but when meta changes as cele has all stats, it will still be useful, but minstrel may not be anymore (could be some new stat again)

since cele has it all, you can support whats.missing by food, sigil, infusions, and runes.

for info clarification and stuff, pls mail me in game.

as of now,

slayers run full cele (cause we cant afford and our funding is low and basically we are casuals, so we work on skill over gear.)

ty

edited September 1, 2018

IN support of team celestial.

cause of death - hands tired. players back pedal. but was it fun. also that kitten hole on the oil. lost 3 guys there. we ended up 9 fighting hard.

yes, if we used minstrel we wouldn't have died at all.

• Iris Ng.9845Iris Ng.9845 Member ✭✭✭

If your guards ran minstrel, you wouldn't deal any damage at all. Your squad runs heavily on defense: 2 heal scrapper, 2 chrono. Yet your hard res is so slow: not using merciful, no elixir rez, etc. I'm curious if you have any montage against any BG groups?

@Iris Ng.9845 said:
    If your guards ran minstrel, you wouldn't deal any damage at all. Your squad runs heavily on defense: 2 heal scrapper, 2 chrono. Yet your hard res is so slow: not using merciful, no elixir rez, etc. I'm curious if you have any montage against any BG groups?

Yes, will post later :) We just had a fun time at eb.

• @Iris Ng.9845 said:
    no elixir rez, etc.

I was not aware, that zerg-scrappers actually use Elixir R.
    With all the projectile hate this seem a lot more risky than using the function gyro+self...
    If rezzing is such an issue, you can also slot elixir-s and have stealth + invlun to rez.
    Elixir R itself is not really rewarding for its 30s CD and the 17% rez tick for 10s is usually outdone by ranged enemy bombs...

edited September 1, 2018

our bg and tc battles.

we aee happy doreiku and iriana is with us at ns Slayers.

was not easy. bg and tc are many.

celestials is still ok at this round. but maybe i got to use the food, boase recommends.

edited September 1, 2018

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

@Iris Ng.9845 said:
    no elixir rez, etc.

I was not aware, that zerg-scrappers actually use Elixir R.
    With all the projectile hate this seem a lot more risky than using the function gyro+self...
    If rezzing is such an issue, you can also slot elixir-s and have stealth + invlun to rez.
    Elixir R itself is not really rewarding for its 30s CD and the 17% rez tick for 10s is usually outdone by ranged enemy bombs...

for my team if we can use it, we try to use blood scourge f4 coupled with the merciful intervention. but we're not really supposed to go down. like reviving is the last option.

not really a master engi, but i am hoping to learn. like one of our raid buddies are so good at it. =p

• Iris Ng.9845Iris Ng.9845 Member ✭✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:

our bg and tc battles.

celestials is still ok at this round. but maybe i got to use the food, boase recommends.

That was a fun and somewhat even fight! I saw my nameplate and it's cool to count the number of time I was out of place. With Feans as BG's EU pin, I'm sure you have a good time.

@Iris Ng.9845 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

our bg and tc battles.

That was a fun and somewhat even fight! I saw my nameplate and it's cool to count the number of time I was out of place. With Feans as BG's EU pin, I'm sure you have a good time.

sweet.

hardest part then was new link. glad it worked well since i believed bg would not back down and tc will be aggressive.

saw deaths from my side, knew instantly why. hehe

in a way, ppl still turn using a and w keys where strafe x turning with mouse is better. also turning 180 over backpedal is much more better.

i once asked why not have action mouse type of movement with cursor that is normal. so ppl will have it easier in battles.

i wonder why not many players use heralds. with the recent patch change, infinite protection is available and stab on dwarfy.

i always wanted a fb dwarf as base of zerg. from there ppl can actually go condi or damage when you have 2 ancor support.

• My guild loves you Sovereign Come to the light and leave the DARK side.

hehe.

slayers is in ns. =) we like it here. may i know which server you guys are.

• Redponey.8352Redponey.8352 Member ✭✭✭

Hi, this discussion is quite interesting. However, i still think that powercreep and condi damage is still too strong and broke the game (particulary with new spe). reduce damage in WvW would make easy to create more variability in build and bus. Moreover it may help dev team to have a more efficient balancing gamemode.

@Redponey.8352 said:
    Hi, this discussion is quite interesting. However, i still think that powercreep and condi damage is still too strong and broke the game (particulary with new spe). reduce damage in WvW would make easy to create more variability in build and bus. Moreover it may help dev team to have a more efficient balancing gamemode.

balancing the game may evenyually boil down to player mentality.

yes, damage and condi is strong but there is the availability of strong sustain too.

while we do run full cele, others can do ful minstrel x condi or powee.

it would have the same if not better result if they take the moment to synergize.

example. we run ppl on ts squad. now if we meet a static group who has developed their own idea, they may beat us, or likely they will beat us.

but if they simple rely on 111, and not time their attacks, like we do, they will get drawn into a long fight, and we may by then pick their squishies.

in the end, my gut feel is that one must be willing to change one's thinking in order to learn to do something new.

i.e. i believe zerging is very strong. ex, stacked tight ts blob is very hard to beat. whereas, non ts blob is easier.

and that nos. always win. but recently, we have been in situations where our smaller.nos, can take bigger ones, simply because our group runs together reguarly and developed a close bond trust.

so, while we do run cele, and do noodle damage heal or tank, we get to pull some wins sometimes. =)

quality over quantity.

so, in a way, i no longer care about population of servers. i just focus on the enjoyment of my guild.

simply, tldr. if you have in total 5.guys you run together with for a year, they will be better than some random zergling who may be 50 in no. =p

malyx rev highlight.

resistance x boon corrupt.

More groups need to take advantage of this. whether you are celestials or condi.

fb supported by a good malyx rev is set.

oOo

• atheria.2837atheria.2837 Member ✭✭✭

@X T D.6458 said:
    Fights are just not fun anymore. Its a rarity nowadays that most fights don't end almost instantly.

There is an easy way to fix that, but for some reason adding life to each toon so it's a real fight hasn't happened and it should.

Instead of 16k-30k health, all would be more even and the skills the same as they are now.

Fights would be longer, take more strategy and be better barometers of the skill of each group.

• atheria.2837atheria.2837 Member ✭✭✭

@Egorum.9506 said:
    better off getting rallies than trying to heal, you can burst better than you can keep people up. the problem with a hybrid healer scourge is all of your damage comes from the shades, and if you're healing they're going to be placed onto your teammates and not the enemy.

Now an offensive scourge running res support on the other hand...

I'd like to know what I am doing wrong since I melt when I play what is supposed to be the meta scourge.

@atheria.2837 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:
    better off getting rallies than trying to heal, you can burst better than you can keep people up. the problem with a hybrid healer scourge is all of your damage comes from the shades, and if you're healing they're going to be placed onto your teammates and not the enemy.

Now an offensive scourge running res support on the other hand...

I'd like to know what I am doing wrong since I melt when I play what is supposed to be the meta scourge.

o.o;; is that sarcasm. you seem to be killing ppl. hehe

• @Sovereign.1093 said:
    malyx rev highlight.
    More groups need to take advantage of this. whether you are celestials or condi.

Last saturday we had an engi raid event. 35 engis, mostly holo, around 10 scrappers, no other classes.
    We won almost all fights for 3h, even against guilds and publics on borders/ebg.Even got a defended T3 keep. ^^
    Main problem was stickyness, though... one time the commander pushed while 90% were fighting a keep lord without noticing...
    That was entirely without corrupt and resistance, but with the massive CC, condiclear, passive heal and invlun (first enemy bomb was always wasted) it felt pretty nice. ^^

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:
    malyx rev highlight.

Last saturday we had an engi raid event. 35 engis, mostly holo, around 10 scrappers, no other classes.
    We won almost all fights for 3h, even against guilds and publics on borders/ebg.Even got a defended T3 keep. ^^
    Main problem was stickyness, though... one time the commander pushed while 90% were fighting a keep lord without noticing...
    That was entirely without corrupt and resistance, but with the massive CC, condiclear, passive heal and invlun (first enemy bomb was always wasted) it felt pretty nice. ^^

did you guys record it?

engis are pretty strong as support right now...and.imagine. all of you rotate the hidden gyro.

the amount of holy kitten, the enemy would say.

• The scrappers were distributed among the groups and worked as source of stability, projectile hate and ranged-CC.
    The sneak gyro was precasted before fights and detonated for superspeed at the beginning.
    That way we had similar stealth to smoke field blasting but with less organization needed.
    In fight it was nice to stomp & rez people with that.

I have a video, but only of the first 2h and only two real fights.
    Also all lengthly kite-fights and conquering are cut-away.
    And finally, dzagonur is pretty low-tier, so enemies might also have been bad ;)

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    The scrappers were distributed among the groups and worked as source of stability, projectile hate and ranged-CC.
    The sneak gyro was precasted before fights and detonated for superspeed at the beginning.
    That way we had similar stealth to smoke field blasting but with less organization needed.
    In fight it was nice to stomp & rez people with that.

I have a video, but only of the first 2h and only two real fights.
    Also all lengthly kite-fights and conquering are cut-away.
    And finally, dzagonur is pretty low-tier, so enemies might also have been bad ;)

=) seems so much fun.

engi back then was the least used toon in all parts of.the game. now it works well to alt guards.

• @Sovereign.1093 said:
    engi back then was the least used toon in all parts of.the game. now it works well to alt guards.

yes and no.
    The composition only works because engi can provide things themselves that the group support is lacking.
    In this composition, scrappers provide projectile hate, ranged CC, Condi clear and Healing, but also uncorruptable damage reduction, and basically all boons including invisibility. So the support branch immitates parts of guards, boonshare mesmers and revenants. However, they lack other important stuff, like empowering, fast invisible movement, the strong gravitation pulls, ports and barrier.
    The reason why this is working so well is, that the rest of the group is engi as well. holos and scrappers have high solo stability and might output, strong passive heal, many blocks and evades.
    The movement is also drastically different, since many enemy attacks can be pushed through with no need to stop for heal or empower.

A scourge in an engi group would have a hard time. On the other hand, a support-guard would be bored to death with a scrapper/holo composition.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.