Current Wvw Meta - Page 8 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Current Wvw Meta

Comments

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sand_Shards

hey sov you ever mess around with this? the priority is aegis stab then prot. pretty great trait tbh. pair it with mantra heals plus other unique mes things and you gots yourself a pretty useful mes.

mmm if u got an interup mesmer that would work well with sigil of absorp and =3

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

edited October 2, 2019

posted this somewhere, but i'd setup my team this way.

1 water cleanse
    1 burst heal
    1 team stealth
    7 burst with blast skills

i wont post particular classes, any that fit that description could work.

have a personal stun break.

off meta classes we use regularly

zerk hammer or gs guard.
    zerk scrappers
    warhorn warriors - 2 blast on warhorn.
    zerk reaper

its fun.

stealth is op. and powercreeping is fast.

the best fun iv seen recently is the zerk rev reinforcement spam

• We still use the old composition, which works ok. Wvery group a firebrand, 2 scrappers, 2-3 heralds, 2-3 spell breakers, 1-2 tempests, a daredevil, rest necromancers.
    This worked well yesterday where we were around 20.
    Maybe enemies didn't react to the patch yet, but we didn't have any condition problems. Scrappers ran monk and together with the medkit-1 fix, the healing numbers have become even greater.

In principle also possible: everyone runs scrapper. 2 healers and 3 power-scrappers per group.
    Sadly we miss scrappers to try that out. ^^

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

What you are trying to say is: Firebrand and Scrapper still need serious nerfs

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

edited October 2, 2019

@gebrechen.5643 said:

o.o;; its just some players are ignorant about the wvw fight mechanics.> @Dediggefedde.4961 said:

We still use the old composition, which works ok. Wvery group a firebrand, 2 scrappers, 2-3 heralds, 2-3 spell breakers, 1-2 tempests, a daredevil, rest necromancers.
    Maybe enemies didn't react to the patch yet, but we didn't have any condition problems. Scrappers ran monk and together with the medkit-1 fix, the healing numbers have become even greater.

In principle also possible: everyone runs scrapper. 2 healers and 3 power-scrappers per group.

could work. =) zerk scrap skill 2 on hammer will kill a lot. could be a 5 3 2 4 combo.

@gebrechen.5643 said:

o.o;; its just some players are ignorant about the wvw fight mechanics.> @Dediggefedde.4961 said:

We still use the old composition, which works ok. Wvery group a firebrand, 2 scrappers, 2-3 heralds, 2-3 spell breakers, 1-2 tempests, a daredevil, rest necromancers.

could work. =) zerk scrap skill 2 on hammer will kill a lot.

• @Sovereign.1093 said:

@gebrechen.5643 said:

Power scrappers run shredder + blast gyro with super-capacitor as extra-stun. Those run in parallel to your active damage (and passive hammer-5).
    From my experience, you have constantly barrier to the cap, perma-superspeed and large block/evades.
    imagine you can stealth the whole zerg while running without blasting up to 5 times per minute. ^^ some power-scrappers should run mortar, though...

We had a successful engi-only raid some time ago. Back then we were ~20 Support-Scrappers + Power-Holos.

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:

o.o;; its just some players are ignorant about the wvw fight mechanics.

No, it's terrible game design. If you nerf scourge - which is still needed imho - you surely have to nerf the support from scrapper (after you nerfed chrono support completely) and ofc Firebrand. Both are way to strong. We have been to a point in the game where an optimal composition included:
    Warrior
    Guardian, Necro (1-2 Builds), Rev (2 Builds), Ele (2 Builds), Mesmer, Thief, Engineer
    Now we go back to
    Warrior, Guardian, Necro, Engineer

And I prefer having the option to choose if I bring a tempest or an engi for support or having a firebrand or chronomancer as commander and not being "but I have to bring at least 1 firebrand per group, because" and "but Engi brings ten more things than tempest".
    Why the nerf? Because the meta is still completely stupid. There is still too many boons, to easy access to cleans and massive powercreep. And firebrand and scrapper are too good in that section.

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭✭

Too many people are stuck in the firebrand=healer mentality when it has half the output (heals+cleansing) that tempest and scrapper bring. It's not like you suddenly lose all the boons if you're a dps firebrand lol

edited October 2, 2019

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@gebrechen.5643 said:

Power scrappers run shredder + blast gyro with super-capacitor as extra-stun. Those run in parallel to your active damage (and passive hammer-5).
    From my experience, you have constantly barrier to the cap, perma-superspeed and large block/evades.
    imagine you can stealth the whole zerg while running without blasting up to 5 times per minute. ^^ some power-scrappers should run mortar, though...

We had a successful engi-only raid some time ago. Back then we were ~20 Support-Scrappers + Power-Holos.

nice. i'm looking forward to completing my engi's ascended gear. its really fun to play.

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

o.o;; its just some players are ignorant about the wvw fight mechanics.

No, it's terrible game design. If you nerf scourge - which is still needed imho - you surely have to nerf the support from scrapper (after you nerfed chrono support completely) and ofc Firebrand. Both are way to strong. We have been to a point in the game where an optimal composition included:
    Warrior
    Guardian, Necro (1-2 Builds), Rev (2 Builds), Ele (2 Builds), Mesmer, Thief, Engineer
    Now we go back to
    Warrior, Guardian, Necro, Engineer

And I prefer having the option to choose if I bring a tempest or an engi for support or having a firebrand or chronomancer as commander and not being "but I have to bring at least 1 firebrand per group, because" and "but Engi brings ten more things than tempest".
    Why the nerf? Because the meta is still completely stupid. There is still too many boons, to easy access to cleans and massive powercreep. And firebrand and scrapper are too good in that section.

ya'll gotta try sigil of absorption <3

there's a technique that exists, not hacking, that i can't share but if ppl learn it, you will easily see you can be different classes and still beat the meta users unless they blobbing hard.

i'd roll to try it sometimes. and its really obvious once you recognize the pattern =)

@RisenHowl.2419 said:
    Too many people are stuck in the firebrand=healer mentality when it has half the output (heals+cleansing) that tempest and scrapper bring. It's not like you suddenly lose all the boons if you're a dps firebrand lol

indeed. =3 and if they know blasting, the healing power of the caster doesnt matter.

edited October 8, 2019

noticeable change for the new patch.

setup for meta is still

fb rev scrap scourge spell.

major change. scourges are now an open duck if they use f1. so be careful. you bomb extreme strong but your 15 seconds separate from your soul. my advise is to go melee and use f2 to f5. and use f1 only if your team is pure pirate.

fb now lacks one block, which opens up to exploit but the sustain and boons and cc makes up for it.

the immortal push of purging flames is staved, so those who didnt use it as condi cleanse will now feel the static purge giro on spot instead. i think this is better for regroup and no longer as the offense we used to do.

mace shield staff or mace shield gs is the weapon of choice because pulling ppl is still op.

you have the option of power fb of which works wonders. with the gs bomb.

scraps minstrel monks is de way. strong support and can detect hiders. this is my current most used profession because not many use it. so i'm stuck on my exo scrap.

rev jalis herald is my weapon of choice. dwarf is buffed. and you can go malyx if your enemy is condi heavy. hammer staff

scourge, still same purpose but must utilize f1 more scarce and purposefully. support wise stronger. cele all the way.

spell breaker tactics or strength vs discipline. because buff of warhorn. personally i use the warhorn because of the animation and double blast. i choice strength over tactics so i can hammer spam. but all 3 choices are viable.

particular classes i find that is really great.

reaper is buffed. loving it. my guildies use it more than scourge now and rightly so since the f1 change.

other secrets, you guys already know if you run with us. but for those who do not, you probably have some too. but the key is to focus your setup on one concentrated move and everything synergizes to it.

i.e. transfusion centered group. or ele meteor centric group. or rite of the great dwarf centric group.

Long live the power creep.

edited October 13, 2019

My setup - Non meta

spell breaker

sword warhorn hammer strength defense spell breaker.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEIiNssAmIDj9wOxR/x8VB-zVQYRUglImVKNFCZGBVkAhXAKNL6/aB-w

i submit, this is my current favorite team warrior build. blasts a lot, infinite speed, and barriers good animation on warhorn and hammer smashing bubble the enemy.

herald

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAIZlpQHMLyhdRNMM6hJSfsCKgF1UZzE-zVIYRUxfKNJEyUEUrEoCFgGnF9ftA-w

dwarf, nuff said.

scourge

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAYd3lNweYIsDmJm8WmvMA-zVRYBRNLM4CppEIzSoiIQ+ZR/XL-w

wells and boon rip. high risk mediun range class.

dont spam f1. have a person count the timer since its 15s of vulnerability

scrapper

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlNwcYPMP2Je0SntKA-zVJYjRBfZkZCUdB470UgNLA-w

fun class, cleanses heals, detects, and stealths.

firebrand

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAk6ZlFwCZYMJmJmyXqvdA-zVJYjRHfhEUEkZBUdK470UgNLA-w

=) your heal bot.

• Our scrappers went to power now (hammer+shredder+blast gyro, explosives+firearms, bersi), but keep medikit and purge- and stealth gyro.
    They do the most damage in most fights and provide stealth, anti-stealth, superspeed, CC, some might and still pretty high cleanse.
    Tempests took the healer-place, dropping some cleanse to max healing.
    Spellbreakers drop some damage in favor of tactics and cleanse.
    Some tweaks on scourges and firebrands, but mostly the same.

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:
    Our scrappers went to power now (hammer+shredder+blast gyro, explosives+firearms, bersi), but keep medikit and purge- and stealth gyro.
    They do the most damage in most fights and provide stealth, anti-stealth, superspeed, CC, some might and still pretty high cleanse.
    Tempests took the healer-place, dropping some cleanse to max healing.
    Spellbreakers drop some damage in favor of tactics and cleanse.
    Some tweaks on scourges and firebrands, but mostly the same.

that would work. as long as you got your cleanser, stealther, burst healer, and ae cc blasters, the professions can be changeable.

Once the scourge nerfs hit:

Melee death ball time =D

fb: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAYd7lRwkYYsHmJO6L+PdA-zVRYgRN7M4SpnQopCIzEo7IQtDSYsHeL0vpB-w
    spb: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAweJlNwuYYMJ2JesS1vLA-zVRYgRHTM4CppCIwUo7IQlDSYsHeL0PDA-w
    scrapper: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lNw8YPMH2JeyTntKA-zVJYjRDfZkUBUdC47BJU2Avl23sA-w
    tempest: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEgEWGBDhxwcYlYKdd2uB-zVJYjRDfZkUBUdC47BJU2Avl23sA-w

last slot is a flex between herald, reaper, staff DD, berserker, etc. Anything with high power spike damage.

Why it works:
    fb brings: damage, CC, high power retal, quickness, boons, stab, cleanse
    spb brings: damage, boon rip, immob, CC, 25 might, cleanse, anti-barrier
    scrapper brings: healing, cleanse, stealth, anti-stealth, boons, superspeed, res, stab
    tempest brings: healing, cleanse, CC, immob, aura support, 40% protection, res

just truck through anything by chaining bubbles. 3/5 bring heavy CC, both hard (stun, pull, etc) and soft (chill, immob, cripple) to keep people in the bubble and disrupt enemy bubbles. Stay on top of range comps using CC and superspeed, blow fb's tome 3 to get in range and then never leave it.

The retal alone kills any ranged aoe classes, every aoe deals 1.5k back. It causes meteor shower to kill the ele before they can even mist form

I like reaper for the last slot with traited nothing can save you- 69% uptime on unblockable attacks, which is devastating with 10k autos in reaper shroud. reaper also brings plenty of boon rip and CC =D

• rev dwarf elite is mandatory imo.

edited November 1, 2019

rev dwarf elite is mandatory imo.

Yeah, that's the rough spot for this comp idea. It's so kitten good for melee lol

You could go fb/scrap/temp/rev and split spb and reaper for the last slot.

You could probably do mallyx/jalis renegade for the alacrity+boon rip that way too. That'd give solid resistance uptime so you can drop the condi clear on fb/spb for more damage and give more boon rip/stab

edit:
    something along these lines: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeZldQIMHKi1QSsHCi9RgsASgJ7l7rG-zVZYiRHwG2RwFSTRQmpQ3FgtHkwYP8WofGA-w

with one per party the spillover from orders from above gives everyone 100% alacrity. also brings great resist, stab, CC, boon rip, cover conditions, and 100% uptime on brutality with quickbrands. 100% crit with good power/condi damage makes it hit reasonably hard too =D

Per 10:
    2 fb
    2 scrapper
    2 tempest
    2 renegade
    1 spb
    1 reaper

one thing that ppl need to pay attention since so many condi, is blast light fields. =)

so i hope you guys put hammer guards in your comp.

also whats the best condi cleanser now?

@Sovereign.1093 said:
    one thing that ppl need to pay attention since so many condi, is blast light fields. =)

so i hope you guys put hammer guards in your comp.

also whats the best condi cleanser now?

best cleanser is still scrapper, staff ele is up there too but it sacrifices a fair amount of healing to compete with scrapper for cleanses. wh spellbreaker isn't bad at cleansing either, but taking both wh and tactics neuters their damage.

Whirl finishers are pretty solid for cleansing too, especially if you run gs firebrands or x/axe spb :>

my current fav

1 minstrel fb
    2 minstrel scrap
    1 jalis rev
    2 cc spell
    1 boon corrupt scourge
    1 malyx rev
    1 weaver
    1 mirage

more on pew pew but lots of 1 push utility.

now though, i often see zergs. so i ask my friends to adapt the zerg mentality.

and currently if in few vs few, condi is winning the battle with many corrupts.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2019

best cleanse is scrapper with altruism. its the new (or old) broken.

if I were that guy I would switch out bulwark for elixir c for a better oh kitten button since it seems you will kill yourself every so often from a condi spike. bulwark can still relieve pressure from a condi spike, but you're going to take even more damage from its dumb damage transfer effect.

best cleanse is scrapper with antitoxin. its the new (or old) broken.

if I were that guy I would switch out bulwark for elixir c for a better oh kitten button since it seems you will kill yourself every so often from a condi spike. bulwark can still relieve pressure from a condi spike, but you're going to take even more damage from its dumb damage transfer effect.

oh yeah since they pull conditions to self. maybe rev can start out too.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2019

altruism my bad.

never really had issues with bulwark. maybe i spammed my healings a lot. helps out if not the only scraper.

edited November 3, 2019

im also kinda liking mercy runes. but maybe its just me.

If you use hammer 4 or shield 5 on scrapper, it blocks the extra incoming damage from bulwark. Shield 5 is particularly good because it stuns anyone that's in melee range of you if they attack someone you're protecting

meta for now since we will have patch later:

1. quickness fb
    2. alacrity renegade
    3. boon corrupt scourge
    4. support scrap
    5. cc spell breaker

=)

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:

1. quickness fb
    2. alacrity renegade
    3. boon corrupt scourge
    4. support scrap
    5. cc spell breaker

=)

1. Other server having issue with lag spikes due quickness used in Zerg gameplay.
  • @Sovereign.1093 said:

1. quickness fb
    2. alacrity renegade
    3. boon corrupt scourge
    4. support scrap
    5. cc spell breaker

=)

Nice I thought so.. well my server lags extremely behind with the meta I can only see what others play . Is renegade the main heal ? What legends does the build use ? What stats do you use for quickness fb?

• @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:
    Nice I thought so.. well my server lags extremely behind with the meta I can only see what others play . Is renegade the main heal ? What legends does the build use ? What stats do you use for quickness fb?

divinergade uses uses diviner gear, demon dwarf legends. quickness fb is standard minstrel I think, you could probably get away with a heal/ burn variant. main supports are fb and scrap.

• @RisenHowl.2419 said:

Melee death ball time =D

fb: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAYd7lRwkYYsHmJO6L+PdA-zVRYgRN7M4SpnQopCIzEo7IQtDSYsHeL0vpB-w
    spb: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAweJlNwuYYMJ2JesS1vLA-zVRYgRHTM4CppCIwUo7IQlDSYsHeL0PDA-w
    scrapper: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lNw8YPMH2JeyTntKA-zVJYjRDfZkUBUdC47BJU2Avl23sA-w
    tempest: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEgEWGBDhxwcYlYKdd2uB-zVJYjRDfZkUBUdC47BJU2Avl23sA-w

last slot is a flex between herald, reaper, staff DD, berserker, etc. Anything with high power spike damage.

Why it works:
    scrapper brings: healing, cleanse, stealth, anti-stealth, boons, superspeed, res, stab

just truck through anything by chaining bubbles. 3/5 bring heavy CC, both hard (stun, pull, etc) and soft (chill, immob, cripple) to keep people in the bubble and disrupt enemy bubbles. Stay on top of range comps using CC and superspeed, blow fb's tome 3 to get in range and then never leave it.

The retal alone kills any ranged aoe classes, every aoe deals 1.5k back. It causes meteor shower to kill the ele before they can even mist form

I like reaper for the last slot with traited nothing can save you- 69% uptime on unblockable attacks, which is devastating with 10k autos in reaper shroud. reaper also brings plenty of boon rip and CC =D

Most of it seems reasonable but you shouldn't forget that rev is the main DD in wvw with even higher range then the scourge atm and it won't get nerfed at least not yet. On top oft that rev rocks everything top DPS build in PvE raids and double rev won both big PvP tournaments in EU and USA so far I read on this board.

The Tempest build is nearly identical to mine I use still staff because of heal but unlike others you seems to understand that Shock Aura can't be evaded. One other thing the reeze trait will be deleted I don't know what we will have then instead but you may need to change that then.

This setup I think is perfect for 5-10 people but when you are bigger other guilds will hunt you and they bring their revs with them.

edited November 20, 2019

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

1. quickness fb
    2. alacrity renegade
    3. boon corrupt scourge
    4. support scrap
    5. cc spell breaker

=)

divinergade uses uses diviner gear, demon dwarf legends. quickness fb is standard minstrel I think, you could probably get away with a heal/ burn variant. main supports are fb and scrap.

this. =)

you can go burn by plague doctors on fb or in renegade for condi staff shorbow with heals

^_^

plague doctors is the epic stats right now. of course minstrel still great.

edited November 20, 2019

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

Melee death ball time =D

Why it works:

Most of it seems reasonable but you shouldn't forget that rev is the main DD in wvw with even higher range then the scourge atm and it won't get nerfed at least not yet. On top oft that rev rocks everything top DPS build in PvE raids and double rev won both big PvP tournaments in EU and USA so far I read on this board.

The Tempest build is nearly identical to mine I use still staff because of heal but unlike others you seems to understand that Shock Aura can't be evaded. One other thing the reeze trait will be deleted I don't know what we will have then instead but you may need to change that then.

This setup I think is perfect for 5-10 people but when you are bigger other guilds will hunt you and they bring their revs with them.

ppl forget that the meta is about numbers and hammer 2 rev in numbers flattens ppl quick. especially wth quickness from fb and alacrity from rev.

they can actually wonder. why are we kod? no down state? you just got grinded son!!!

• @Sovereign.1093 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

Melee death ball time =D

Why it works:

ppl forget that the meta is about numbers and hammer 2 rev in numbers flattens ppl quick. especially wth quickness from fb and alacrity from rev.

they can actually wonder. why are we kod? no down state? you just got grinded son!!!

Its funny how 3 skills(range but not a pulsing field (rev Hammer...because their utility suck in range)), can outdps all other classes (except ele with 15-20 range skills) and people still willing to say 'its fine'

in terms of difficulty and important

1 fb. quickness main/heal secondary i stress it. ppl need to run these guys. its great. change that im bored attitude. have that i am angry enough to do what is right.

1 rev. cooldown reduction/damage reduction/pirate chip. your best friend in capturing. cd in rams cata, skills in general.

1 heal bot scrap. stealth and general worker and healer.

1 cc spell breaker. cc damage boon removal. all zerkers or bust

1 scourge. boon corrupter. this baby is supported by scrap rev and fb. needs help now unlike before but causes the enemy the most pain.

edited November 20, 2019

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

Melee death ball time =D

Why it works:

Its funny how 3 skills(range but not a pulsing field (rev Hammer...because their utility suck in range)), can outdps all other classes (except ele with 15-20 range skills) and people still willing to say 'its fine'

most ppl dont dodge =) and stealth attack will always work. thing is, the opposition can do it too if they try. and there are other alternatives.

we actually sometimes run just fb rev scrap scrap scrap. because of damage of scraps we kill 20 with 5. it is broken.

and sometimes its 1fb 4 damage scrappers.

• @Sovereign.1093 said:

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

Melee death ball time =D

Why it works:

most ppl dont dodge =) and stealth attack will always work. thing is, the opposition can do it too if they try. and there are other alternatives.

we actually sometimes run just fb rev scrap scrap scrap. because of damage of scraps we kill 20 with 5. it is broken.

Yeah scrapper can provide a kitten of defensive utility while Being able to run merrauder Gear or something...good skills to spike while overall pressure is rather low. (Which can make the spike even better since IT Comes more out of the blues)

Do you Guys run the same food (celestial) and look simmular...on the scrappers that i mean (presuming you have at least one support scrapper)

edited November 20, 2019

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

Melee death ball time =D

Why it works:

Yeah scrapper can provide a kitten of defensive utility while Being able to run merrauder Gear or something...good skills to spike while overall pressure is rather low. (Which can make the spike even better since IT Comes more out of the blues)

Do you Guys run the same food (celestial) and look simmular...on the scrappers that i mean (presuming you have at least one support scrapper)

we mainly focus now on having the quickness heal brand and alacrity renegade. the rest can go damage.

we use power food, even me. little bit of damage helps.and.the damage.reduction is great

• @Sovereign.1093 said:
    you can go burn by plague doctors on fb or in renegade for condi staff shorbow with heals

yeah plaguedoc is sweet. I definitely prefer it over minstrel which has zero dmg capabilities. you may not get top dmg but you will certainly be contributing and sometimes that's all it takes to down a few ppl. I briefly entertained sb healgade but never seriously, hows it do?

edited November 20, 2019

@Sovereign.1093 said:

yeah plaguedoc is sweet. I definitely prefer it over minstrel which has zero dmg capabilities. you may not get top dmg but you will certainly be contributing and sometimes that's all it takes to down a few ppl. I briefly entertained sb healgade but never seriously, hows it do?

ventari and practice. :p saved me a lot from 10% hp to full in a couple of seconds. it is great and under rated.

torment 4k plus so... not bad. ppl kilk themselves

• @RisenHowl.2419 said:

Ive run a celestial/diviner firebrand and Harrier/zealot firebrand couple of Times
    Yeah IT works....but your health is WAY to low for mêlee push

edited November 20, 2019

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

Ive run a celestial/diviner firebrand and Harrier/zealot firebrand couple of Times
    Yeah IT works....but your health is WAY to low for mêlee push

if your team goes stealth, you can run zerk. :) but if no stealth, not worth it. the counter blow hurts too much. some setups needs synergy and without it, it falls apart as individuals.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

Melee death ball time =D

Why it works:

It’s fine cause it’s the scourge stacking counter, scourges are also way to cheese to stack and ball up with shades now that atack event more players.

People relly to much on hammer 2 as zergs want lots of scourges for a more lower effort gameplay.
    My groups has arround 1 hammer rev, and when we don’t have it we have to play 10x better than the enemy where their numbers of scourges most of time equals almost our group size.
    Sometimes we play with lots of scourges cause it carries and it’s supper effective ...

Imagine CoR at release was doing way more damage, and skill had only 2sec CD cause rev had no weapon swap.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

Melee death ball time =D

Why it works:

It’s fine cause it’s the scourge stacking counter, scourges are also way to cheese to stack and ball up with shades now that atack event more players.

People relly to much on hammer 2 as zergs want lots of scourges for a more lower effort gameplay.
    My groups has arround 1 hammer rev, and when we don’t have it we have to play 10x better than the enemy where their numbers of scourges most of time equals almost our group size.
    Sometimes we play with lots of scourges cause it carries and it’s supper effective ...

the problem is most pug team dont use stealth or fake push. =)

i recall all enemy zerg in last tier to most high fall for it in full blob v blob. the only times we lost was when we fought a guild blob

now i'll never get a queue blob again. sea ocx eu in na is too few. hehe

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

Im running a shoutwarrior for months now and atm im pretty much always under the top3 for boonrip and condi cleanses, in big 50+zergs and in smaller ~15 player groups.
    (arc dps stats)

The only class ive seen that can outcleanse me is a dedicated tempest. But they dont provide the boonstrip and cc that warrior brings.

And in short encounters im almost always far ahead of necros in terms of boonstrip (the longer the fight, the more boons a necro will rip, because of their longer range and availabillity of rips)

Im running full cleric stats, with trooper rune and sword/horn + hammer with draining and absorption on hammer. Power food and stones, bloodlust sigil.

And there are always ppl dying inside my bubble, no lack of dmg because im not running a full dmg warrior (especially since you cant even cast your dmg skills while bubbling).

The bigger your group is the less dmg each individual needs to do on a target to kill.
    The more suppport you have, the more agressive you can play.

Ppl dont realise that if they keep condis from their group, those ppl can do more dmg (rev, necro, ranger, who can even pressure from range, unlike war)
    And if i can soak up more dmg and stay longer in the front i can hold the enemies inside my groups dmg with cc and prevent them from dmging my group by ccing them.
    For great justice instantly giving 12 stqcks of might and fury for your whole group is also a considerable amount of dmg (i know those boons can also come from other classes, but with the amount of boonrips you will always resupply enough ppl with those boons)

Those things will result in probably (no way to calculate it exactly) more dmg overall, than i could ever bring as an individual zerker war.

Not to mention that even on my setup my hammer hits squishies for easy 4k.

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

Nope, definately not.

What do you want with the condition damage? Wasted stat.
    Concentration?
    You only have a few boons, and those that you have are long enough, that they are more likely to be ripped before they run out. Exception are 2 seconds of resistance, but horn trait brings that to like 2 1/2 seconds, and you need a ton more concentration to increase that.
    Wasted stat.

If i wanted more precision id run a few zealot pieces, but i dont rly care if i have 8 or 20% critchance without furry, so i take the armor and healing power.

Dogged march is useless, since you have a ton of clears and get regeneration from guards, cull the weak sadly has 5 second cd globally and not per target, but still best trait out of those 3.

Pure strike doesnt do much since you wont hit as hard anyways, also again, keeping enemies in your groups dmg with immo provides more dmg overall.

Shrug it of or empower allies is completely flavor based, more support or more group Dmg, whatever floats your boat, both are good.

Using balanced stance instead of featherfood is basically a must to get the bubble in more reliably, since you often run infront of your guard to pull it off, you wont get stab or get it ripped early. Maybe with a rly good guard you can use featherfoot, to hope that the resistance wont get ripped, when your stab is turned into fear, to prevent interrupt, but with stab turned to fear a single cc will stop you anyways, even with resistance.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKxEIiNssAmI7ihxOxzZa9dB-zVIYfUzXKNFCZGBdXAhnAqONCYTD-w

Maybe too much armor, but best stat combo atm to get maxed healingpower and power for warri.

• @RisenHowl.2419 said:

Melee death ball time =D

Why it works:

This setup I think is perfect for 5-10 people but when you are bigger other guilds will hunt you and they bring their revs with them. > @Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

1. quickness fb
    2. alacrity renegade
    3. boon corrupt scourge
    4. support scrap
    5. cc spell breaker

=)

this. =)

^_^

I was asking because in theory you could do things differently especially if you insist on a high protection up time.
    You could run with 2 FBs on as old school main heal other as Qheal with a bit more boon duration/dps Qheal could also run with axe and extra might so that no rev need to take glint in this group , so far you don't want to take superspeed. On top of this you have a lot of agis and without glint you can take another demon stance

Problem with any of those setups is engis and warriors need to take and extra group(s)

Another possibility is taking renegade as secondary heal while Kallas spirit die fast in battle they can still give a lot of protection up time. You also can prestack it. I don't know how this works in wvw but it would free one dps slot every second group. I building a test built to see how it goes.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

Melee death ball time =D

Why it works:

This setup I think is perfect for 5-10 people but when you are bigger other guilds will hunt you and they bring their revs with them. > @Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

1. quickness fb
    2. alacrity renegade
    3. boon corrupt scourge
    4. support scrap
    5. cc spell breaker

=)

this. =)

^_^

I was asking because in theory you could do things differently especially if you insist on a high protection up time.
    You could run with 2 FBs on as old school main heal other as Qheal with a bit more boon duration/dps Qheal could also run with axe and extra might so that no rev need to take glint in this group , so far you don't want to take superspeed. On top of this you have a lot of agis and without glint you can take another demon stance

Problem with any of those setups is engis and warriors need to take and extra group(s)

Another possibility is taking renegade as secondary heal while Kallas spirit die fast in battle they can still give a lot of protection up time. You also can prestack it. I don't know how this works in wvw but it would free one dps slot every second group. I building a test built to see how it goes.

we never have problems :) it could be worth testing on your part to see. since this is based on our raid experience and not theory. if yours is better, please share; it'll improve the pool of information.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Nope, definately not.

What do you want with the condition damage? Wasted stat.
    Concentration?
    You only have a few boons, and those that you have are long enough, that they are more likely to be ripped before they run out. Exception are 2 seconds of resistance, but horn trait brings that to like 2 1/2 seconds, and you need a ton more concentration to increase that.
    Wasted stat.

If i wanted more precision id run a few zealot pieces, but i dont rly care if i have 8 or 20% critchance without furry, so i take the armor and healing power.

Dogged march is useless, since you have a ton of clears and get regeneration from guards, cull the weak sadly has 5 second cd globally and not per target, but still best trait out of those 3.

Pure strike doesnt do much since you wont hit as hard anyways, also again, keeping enemies in your groups dmg with immo provides more dmg overall.

Shrug it of or empower allies is completely flavor based, more support or more group Dmg, whatever floats your boat, both are good.

Using balanced stance instead of featherfood is basically a must to get the bubble in more reliably, since you often run infront of your guard to pull it off, you wont get stab or get it ripped early. Maybe with a rly good guard you can use featherfoot, to hope that the resistance wont get ripped, when your stab is turned into fear, to prevent interrupt, but with stab turned to fear a single cc will stop you anyways, even with resistance.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKxEIiNssAmI7ihxOxzZa9dB-zVIYfUzXKNFCZGBdXAhnAqONCYTD-w

Maybe too much armor, but best stat combo atm to get maxed healingpower and power for warri.

preference i suppose. i'm used to running zerker wars without any issues in zerg fights. to much armor seems a waste for me. then again, it's nice that there's this gap that doesn't need to be maxed out to get the intended result. :)

Theres a couple problems with plaguedoctors heal/burn hybrid.

-First, you need to run honor if you plan to heal which means you can either run radiance for f1 refresh or virtues for permeating wrath. Running one or the other though greatly reduces your burst and damage in general in comparison to running both with a damage/boon support hybrid.

-Second, there's no good ways to get toughness, burn duration, and outgoing healing % all on the same build. If you're healing without monks, you're a really ineffective healer. If you run with base 2s burns, you have terrible damage. If you run enough toughness to survive in melee, you lose either healing or damage.

If you're trying for a heal/damage variant firebrand, you probably want to go for a power build with honor and radiance like: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAYd7W+T5PNA-zVZYPB53F2ZUjCKkkKgMThujAfPIhye4tQ/mF-w

But really, why run firebrand as a healer? Even in full minstrels it heals/cleanses for like half of what a good scrapper or tempest does. In comparison, you can run a burn/boon support firebrand that does as much damage as a rev while providing all the same buffs/boons that a minstrel fb does. You can still drop water fields, you can still cleanse, you still apply f2&f3 #5, etc etc but you bring twice the damage that you would have brought healing. IMO, leave the healing to the classes that do it better and focus on getting the most out of firebrands by traiting for damage, CC, and boons.

If you're running a permeating wrath build, take glacial heart so each CC chills and locks people into bombs. If you're not running permeating wrath, take stoic demeanor so every CC slows, denying them their 'oh kitten' buttons.

on a side note, there's no loss in running dwarf/mallyx for renegade. tactics spellbreaker provides an obscene amount of might so long as you're attacking, which you should always be doing. Ditch the hammer too for brutality builds, it hits too slowly to synergize well. try mace/axe for the pulsing stab strip fields and the pull. Ideally you don't want to pirate ship running a comp like this, you want to chain bubbles together while CCing the kitten out of everything in front of you. Then just have firebrands drop f1 #4 on top of downs to secure kills.

Good luck trying to res with 5 of those ticking, especially with permeating wrath. For added fun, run 1 thief with double shortbow to spam poison fields on downs and you can straight truck through any ranged comp you fight.