Barrier for Earth skills and traitline?

Can we get some barrier access on core ele? I remember devs wanting to rework some earth traits, skills to apply barrier or be affected in some way by barrier, but they never found the time doing that and only added barrier to earth shield. I think ele currently needs more self sustain and adding barrier to more effects would help there.

Elemental Shielding should give aoe barriers on aura transmutation. It would not be a lot but all of the aura core traits should have an when you apply an aura and an transmutation effect. We can make the air one Zephyr's Boon give out aoe super speed and Powerful Aura be an aoe heal.

Maybe it could fit a bit thematically, but I don't think that giving ele even more reason to stack healing power is a good idea. Though earth really needs work. It's definitely the worst trait line with almost no reason to be taken. I can only think of some support tempest variants that take it, and that's only because of the protection on aura. Without that trait the line is pretty close to worthless. When an adept trait is the only good thing about a trait line, you know it's terrible.