Scourge MM Build?

Rio.4259

Hiya!

I have a bit of an odd request. I know it isnt optimal, but I want to try scourge AND keep my beloved minions. >.> So I was wondering, if anyone has a Scourge MM build they know of, or can help me set up? It doesnt have to be top-tier meta quality, just "clear PvE stuff and story stuff" like my MM Reaper can. Losing "Rise!" seems like it'll be a bit of an issue for me and I'm not really sure what to replace it with. I'm also not sure which minions to use, and which Scourge skills I shouldn't pass up. Any help would really be appreciated. :D

You honestly don't gain anything by going MM. The minions are still going to lose half their HP and take half a minute to kill a normal regular mob. Their only potential value is being meat shields, and for that, yes, like Tobias said, fill your bar with minions and just continue killing things with your weapon skills.

I hadn't thought of using minions with Scourge until I saw the qt build which featured one. Of course, they're thinking a raid environment and we're talking open world, -- or at least I am -- but it's encouraging that their meta includes a minion. A quick experiment showed that barriers apply to minions -- it may be obvious that it should, but I had to test it -- and that has me rethinking minions a bit.

So what I'm doing -- and maybe it would be an interesting path for you -- is to take the builds I've been using and the qt build, keep the minion and mix-n-match a bit, and start from there. As I get a feel for it, I'll swap in the Elite minion, and then see how multiple minions work, and if it's synergizing, continue to replace other skills with minions. The main reason I've avoided minions in the past is their stupid AI, so I'll also have to see if that's improved now or if the PoF terrain is more friendly to them.

The stupid AI, the extra slow attacks doing 700 crits. Their only purpose is to be meat shields and distractions while we do the actual damage. I believe a full complement of minions could kill a normal mob, but I doubt they could down a veteran before they are all taken out, double so if the veteran does AoEs.

The one time I found them useful was when I duoed a bounty with a friend. With a full minion skill bar it was obvious how the champ would stop to kill my minions and giving us a breather in the meanwhile.

Shadow Fiend and Flesh Golem are both extremely competitive choices for a Scourge. The activation skill on the shadow fiend gives +10% lifeforce with no cast time, making it a viable alternative to Blood is Power or Dessicate; the Flesh Golem gives a ton of hard CC. If like me you run Blood Magic and the top line of scourge traits your minions will receive plenty of might, barrier, healing and condition clear and will drain life for you on every hit. I don't think there are any must-have scourge utilities, so feel free to run minions if that is what you prefer.

This is what I'm working towards, and even without all the elements I've had no problem out in the desert or in T4 fractalshttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHfhG2JRvQbNYTvgVvA7NYpbwmeADgAgePdomUp6AjgDFA-jRiAQBLS/Q0OJAPUNATp6jO2fANKtgkSQA8EA+oyERBwTA-eI do of course swap these utilities around a bit as the situation requires.

@Rio.4259 said:Hiya!

I have a bit of an odd request. I know it isnt optimal, but I want to try scourge AND keep my beloved minions. >.> So I was wondering, if anyone has a Scourge MM build they know of, or can help me set up? It doesnt have to be top-tier meta quality, just "clear PvE stuff and story stuff" like my MM Reaper can. Losing "Rise!" seems like it'll be a bit of an issue for me and I'm not really sure what to replace it with. I'm also not sure which minions to use, and which Scourge skills I shouldn't pass up. Any help would really be appreciated. :D

If you love mininos. And are just looking for something to enjoy them with as the new Scourge. This is what I used. Open world, story, and PvE where if you're not worried about being META is fun as fucking hell. Obviously, other shit is better. But you are not asking for other shit.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJBIhNyQDN1YXN4WDs3YhawmaAVgJg+Ttq2VlCADgUGA-jxBBQBA4BAoQ1f0neAos/QAOBAnUJoGV+RKgIWaB-e

Spam F5 and F3. Spam horn 5. Spam dagger 1. EzpzEzpz. If you're high on LF spam F2... that is it. It is fucking amazing and fucking fun as fucking hell if you love minions (I know I do).

Edit: You reminded me I love minions!

Edit 2: You're looking at around 20k DPS, Minions are really only there to add to survival.... only about 5% of your DPS actually comes from Minions. That is why most people will not run them. They are an aesthetic preference and overall generally not a great idea. But. If you want them. Has them. That is what I do! =D

@Exqq.7451 said:

@Rio.4259 said:Hiya!

If you love mininos. And are just looking for something to enjoy them with as the new Scourge. This is what I used. Open world, story, and PvE where if you're not worried about being META is fun as kitten hell. Obviously, other kitten is better. But you are not asking for other kitten.

Spam F5 and F3. Spam horn 5. Spam dagger 1. EzpzEzpz. If you're high on LF spam F2... that is it. It is kitten amazing and kitten fun as kitten hell if you love minions (I know I do).

Edit: You reminded me I love minions!

Edit 2: You're looking at around 20k DPS, Minions are really only there to add to survival.... only about 5% of your DPS actually comes from Minions. That is why most people will not run them. They are an aesthetic preference and overall generally not a great idea. But. If you want them. Has them. That is what I do! =D

I use a very similar build with staff and dagger/torch (with Fell Beacon instead of Abrasive Grit) and condi gear. The survivability is very good, the build will work with basically any gear you throw at it and your minions will most certainly be capable of taking down veterans with or without your help.

Wow, thanks for the replies, guys. :)

Im aware that it wont be the top damage Scourge can do. I was aware of it when I used my MM Reaper, too. :3 I just like to use minions, and want the build to be able to do PvE stuff/story stuff.

I have been a lil confused on the traits. With MM Reaper, I went Blood, Death, Reaper. But I feel like if I go Blood, Death, Scourge I will gimp myself to the point of not being able to do much. So Im wondering what a good balance would be? Some suggestions were to just slap minions on top of the meta build but I feel like if I do that i WILL have useless minions. >.> I will also check out the builds that were linked, as well. :)

Thanks again. I didnt expect to get much help. I appreciate it. ^_^

I don't want to be a party pooper but I would prefer having you with the full data so that you can make an informed decision. The Death traitline will buff the minions but even so they won't do much anyway. The 50% extra HP is nice, but they don't recover HP out of combat (or they do at a so slow rate that it might as well not be there) so once the HP has ended they will die anyway.

I would say go for Curses 2 - 1 - 2. This gives you Parasitic Contagion that heals for a lot during a fight.

Then Soul Reaping 1 - 2 - 3 for biggo damage. The faster you kill the quicker the fight ends and your minions live longer.

Then Scourge 2 - 1 -2 . Since you'll be full minion there is no point in having Sadistic Searing.

If you want to help your minions and be even tankier (though as full DPS gear and in that build I linked I consider myself tanky as kitten) change one of the two for Blood 3 - 3 - 3 and start using your Scourge fear to trigger Transfusion. From what I read it ticks for 350 HP for 9 seconds helping your minions to live longer.

The minions are going to be useless either way, but if you pick Death you will also be neutering yourself.

@Rio.4259 said:Wow, thanks for the replies, guys. :)

Im aware that it wont be the top damage Scourge can do. I was aware of it when I used my MM Reaper, too. :3 I just like to use minions, and want the build to be able to do PvE stuff/story stuff.

I have been a lil confused on the traits. With MM Reaper, I went Blood, Death, Reaper. But I feel like if I go Blood, Death, Scourge I will kitten myself to the point of not being able to do much. So Im wondering what a good balance would be? Some suggestions were to just slap minions on top of the meta build but I feel like if I do that i WILL have useless minions. >.> I will also check out the builds that were linked, as well. :)

Thanks again. I didnt expect to get much help. I appreciate it. ^_^

If you were happy with Blood, Death, Reaper damage output you will be happy replacing Reaper with Scourge. I use both in open world. With Scourge MM I find it's best to pull as much as possible to take advantage of the survivability and AoE damage the build excels at. If you want though, you can drop Blood and replace it with another trait line. Curses and Soul Reaping are both viable replacements.

For solo PVE content, Death Magic is still pretty solid. As others said, don't expect your minions to do that much damage, but they do make excellent meat shields. Even without Death Magic, I always have Shadow Fiend and Flesh Golem out when running around in open world. Scourge is very squishy compared to base necro or Reaper, and having undead flunkies to tank hits is kinda important. I think the only time you should choose something else is if you're teamed up and hitting raid style content where even Death Magic boosted minions get one shot.

Personally, I'm lazy, and have two signets (boosted speed and boosted Power) and two minions in my utility bar, although I've dropped Death Magic in favor of Soul Reaping to reduce cooldowns on Shade abilities. Currently rocking Curses/Soul Reaping/Scourge. Although I might play around with Death Magic/Soul Reaping/Scourge if I feel my survivability is hurting. It's just that Lingering Curse is really really good for raw dps.

Archived