WvW Core Swap Special Event

sarkysek.1085

Big shout-out to the devs, I'm having a complete blast with the newest event! <3 It's exactly what WvW needed in my opinion, a slight alteration of gameplay to shake things up a bit! :P Thank you :) BTW, you should totally do a Soulstealer elite specialization for thieves with the next set of elite specs! :D

@"hunkamania.7561" said:Stopped using it 5 minutes in. Only good event week was no downstate. Vanilla gw2 wvw would have been way better this is meh.

Yeah... It's all fun and games for a bit but any seasoned player will prefer his own utilities over a set of "relatively random" stuff in the end of the day

My current spec heavily relies on the utility skills so I didn't bother, rather have all five of my own skills than a couple from another class I may use. Glad it was optional and not forced like the stupid april fools airplane thing that took over your entire screen. Probably would have been more useful as a separate bar where you get to one time use a skill out of the 5, or even just make it like instead of the button to activate the bar you get one random core skill of the class there instead for one time use.

@spectrito.8513 said:Its good and all but i was hoping for a only core specs week

You mean a warrior and guardian only week. WvW would be completely desolate outside of reset night if they did that. The OP even said themselves they'd love if that would happen as they havn't played a core guardian or warrior in years. Leaping in melee train was about the worst game play WvW ever saw.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:Its good and all but i was hoping for a only core specs week

You mean a warrior and guardian only week. WvW would be completely desolate outside of reset night if they did that. The OP even said themselves they'd love if that would happen as they havn't played a core guardian or warrior in years. Leaping in melee train was about the worst game play WvW ever saw.

Hmm I am not sure, there was way less healing and spam of all kinds of boons. But since there is a lot of different gear since core I would like to see how it goes with core only skills.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

I would take anything over this red carpet stab spam meta

@hunkamania.7561 said:Stopped using it 5 minutes in. Only good event week was no downstate. Vanilla gw2 wvw would have been way better this is meh.

Yeah, same here. I might be worse for me given I'm playing Revenant which has, for the most part, really short cooldowns.

I'm liking the extra WXP / reward track, but the mechanics of this event are not at all interesting for me.

I also would have been excited about a core only spec week.

They should have made it so you can pick whatever utilities, heal and elite skills you want from the other profession. Not as a drop event, but the same way you pick traits beforehand. You know, a bit different idea for a dual class system.

I haven't been able to take advantage of it at all. Engineer needs its utility skills too badly to be able to put them on long cooldowns after using another class' skills. Being locked out of kits is a death sentence on my build.

I tried it for 5 minutes, realized it puts your normal utilities on cooldown, then haven't touched it since.

very Dissapointed Anet. Few seconds ago; i gained core Guardian skill and all skills were automatically put on long cooldowns during a zerg fight

--I do know Guardian core skills do not go on 0-10 minutes cool-downs--

I couldn't even use any skills at all.

The fight ended lasted about 10 minutes and finally was able to use them

--is there a bug that automatically puts core swap skills at once on very long cool-down during zerg fights?-

again; i'm very Disappointed

(we won yet it was very frustrating)

On the positive note; i admire the idea behind itGuild Wars /second profession