Warclaw Mount

Wow...just wow...I've been playing this game off and on very infrequently for the last 2 years or so. I used to be an avid player since launch but the terrible class balance, power creep, and mechanic overbloat eventually killed my drive to play everyday. However when I did log in, I could at least get some enjoyment out of running around solo or in a small group disrupting camps, isolated groups etc. Roaming basically. I come back this time and find that the warclaw mount has single handedly made the one thing left that I could enjoy in this game pointless to put any time into. Unslowable...separate health bar...out runs players by far. There is almost no enjoyment from trying to engage in anything except zerg combat now...I think this one change might keep me away for good now. (inb4 "good bye" and "good riddance" meme replies). But yeah, I really hope they rethink adding mounts to WvW...but even if they do, god knows how long the patch will take to get here for that. Enjoy, everyone.

Well, OP you can always choose not to ride the mount if you enjoy engagement so much.

I believe I speak for many who have great experiences like mine with the Warclaw.

On the contrary, I have been playing this game actively for the last 2 to 3 years. After I am done with PoF, mainly maxing all 6 mounts masteries, I played nothing but only WvW. Well, I do take breaks to complete my LWS when they are released. But still, it's WvW all the way till today.

Then ANet gave power buff to certain professions and created META classes in WvW. I played mostly support and I find it harder and harder to give support effectively because of these power creeps. Moreover, now most Tags run closed squads and will only invite meta classes into their squads. Guild leaders only recruit meta classes. In case you wonder what are these meta classes, as at now they are Firebrands, Scourges, Revenants and Scrappers.

All these power creeps also gave rise to more ganker squads who camped outside Keeps just to gank individuals, and what's more pathetic is, when they failed or are even numbered, they ran like headless chickens but only to come back and repeat. A few months before the game has WvW mount, I started to feel WvW is boring because I played only support roles and sometimes I like to roam and explore freely but with what's happening over the years, this is not fun anymore :(

And then... ANet gave us Warclaw! WOW indeed!

To me, this is the best thing that happened in WvW in years. Now, I can freely roam the open World without fear and frustration of being jumped at. I have a choice whether to engage my enemies, or not. I can safely run back to Tags no matter how far away they are. Without the mount, on average it took me two to three tries, each on different routes, to avoid those gankers. At times, I gave up totally.

Yes, Warclaw makes my WvW sparkles again.

PSBut, with the recent nerfs on Warclaw, and more upcoming ones, guess in no time we will be back to the no-mount days. ANet is going to turn the mount into nothing but a swift boon soon. So OP, come back in a few months time and you will be happy once again. I guess.

I think we just need a dismount skill to be honest..

Till then just abuse the mount, leap into garrison, troll keep waypoints because Warclaw made it easier to do so, get people to tag you but dont let them out of combat to remount until a zerg rolls over them and you sit there laughing at salt whispers because 1v1 ganks were unfair and now they cant handle 1vzergs, run around enemy SMC or run with enemy zergs and confuse zergs while some run off with comm and the rest all try and dismount you creating chaos and madness for everyone involved, stomp people doing duels, run through duels while they duel, annoy people at daily Warg, dying at a local camp like dane and running back to die several times to delay the cap until a zerg rolls them and the list goes on..Theres plenty of ways to use Warclaw right now to infuriate people especially with one shot DE stealth builds.

this is obviously what Anet wanted and as others have said, we just need to adapt.

@Mil.3562 said:Well, OP you can always choose not to ride the mount if you enjoy engagement so much.To me, this is the best thing that happened in WvW in years. Now, I can freely roam the open World without fear and frustration of being jumped at. I have a choice whether to engage my enemies, or not. I can safely run back to Tags no matter how far away they are. Without the mount, on average it took me two to three tries, each on different routes, to avoid those gankers. At times, I gave up totally.

You'll see this attitude alot. Personally I can never understand why people would want to deliberately limit the amount of pvp in an open pvp game mode.But I guess alot of players only care for the karma train and would prefer WvW to be a game mode where nobody fights each other and we all ride around from tower to keep getting that sweet sweet lootz.

So many friends have quit the game because there are so many players with this attitude. They want to turn WvW into a PvE karma train.

Thing is, Warclaw has made roaming more honorable.There are still fights against people who are built to roam.You just get fewer fights against people who are not built to roam.

I know some enjoy attacking Zerglings and cutting them off from the main Zerg.Which is a valid and useful strategy.And this has been made a lot harder to achieve by the Warclaw.It still can be done though.You just need specific classes/builds in your roaming party to force a dismount.Like Condi Thieves, Longbow Soulbeasts etc.

Also IIRC, Anet is planning to introduce a dismount skill for the Warclaw soon.

As others have advised, running around unmounted also tends to get you into fights more often.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Thing is, Warclaw has made roaming more honorable.I'm going to have to stop you right there - it has made things anything but honorable in all areas lol. I mean, you even said you found a new hobby by pretending to watch duelers, and then mount stomping them. Those 15ppl chasing 1 guy? Yeah, honorable! It's just given people an excuse to let their inner toxicity out in a new way without much consequence instead of what it should have been intended for.

@Doug.4930 said:

@Mil.3562 said:Well, OP you can always choose not to ride the mount if you enjoy engagement so much.To me, this is the best thing that happened in WvW in years. Now, I can freely roam the open World without fear and frustration of being jumped at. I have a choice whether to engage my enemies, or not. I can safely run back to Tags no matter how far away they are. Without the mount, on average it took me two to three tries, each on different routes, to avoid those gankers. At times, I gave up totally.

You'll see this attitude alot. Personally I can never understand why people would want to deliberately limit the amount of pvp in an open pvp game mode.But I guess alot of players only care for the karma train and would prefer WvW to be a game mode where nobody fights each other and we all ride around from tower to keep getting that sweet sweet lootz.

So many friends have quit the game because there are so many players with this attitude. They want to turn WvW into a PvE karma train.Yet at the same time people keep complaining that the mount make people come to them faster and stop them from taking keeps/camps/etc but I guess that doesnt count as pvp in your eyes.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

So many friends have quit the game because there are so many players with this attitude. They want to turn WvW into a PvE karma train.Yet at the same time people keep complaining that the mount make people come to them faster and stop them from taking keeps/camps/etc but I guess that doesnt count as pvp in your eyes.

You mean it makes death less punishing? You mean players who outplay their opponents are punished more often because their defeated foes can simply continue re spawning and running back without any risk of being intercepted or killed? This is a straw man argument. By this logic people like me should be all for players being able to instantly revive themselves on the spot and continue fighting instantly when they are stomped right? Then there would be more pvp action right? You know its a straw man, if you're gonna bring up positive things about mounts there's plenty of things that could be considered good, being facetious helps nobody.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Thing is, Warclaw has made roaming more honorable.I'm going to have to stop you right there - it has made things anything but honorable in all areas lol. I mean, you even said you found a new hobby by pretending to watch duelers, and then mount stomping them. Those 15ppl chasing 1 guy? Yeah, honorable! It's just given people an excuse to let their inner toxicity out in a new way without much consequence instead of what it should have been intended for.

Oops I should really stop being too honest and sharing all my little shenigans ?

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

Pretty much this.Warclaw is a ganking machine.

Running in WvW in Discord and Teamspeak, spanning multiple re-links, I’m just not hearing arguments against this mount. Only complaints were pertaining to the the initial learning curve of having to dismount to buff and stealth before a fight, otherwise it’s been a non-issue in my experience.

In fact, it’s a little annoying how often north camps on home BL’s are flipped by 1-2 players (both Alpine and Desert) now that roaming that distance is more convenient.

Some classes can still do enough damage to cause warclaw dismount, so it’s not a free pass. While I’m not sure an instant dismount ability (coming soon) is the right approach, i won’t be sad to have something that puts me on par with rangers/thieves/eles that can dismount players most effectively right now. But before that, instead of being vulnerable to only direct damage, I’d have preferred they be affected by condi as well (cripple, chill, fear, etc.) More capability to deter warclaws, but still work rather than instant dismount.

@Bellefon.1259 said:Running in WvW in Discord and Teamspeak, spanning multiple re-links, I’m just not hearing arguments against this mount. Only complaints were pertaining to the the initial learning curve of having to dismount to buff and stealth before a fight, otherwise it’s been a non-issue in my experience.

In fact, it’s a little annoying how often north camps on home BL’s are flipped by 1-2 players (both Alpine and Desert) now that roaming that distance is more convenient.

Some classes can still do enough damage to cause warclaw dismount, so it’s not a free pass. While I’m not sure an instant dismount ability (coming soon) is the right approach, i won’t be sad to have something that puts me on par with rangers/thieves/eles that can dismount players most effectively right now. But before that, instead of being vulnerable to only direct damage, I’d have preferred they be affected by condi as well (cripple, chill, fear, etc.) More capability to deter warclaws, but still work rather than instant dismount.

I would also it much rather be effected by soft and hard CC too with no break bars to work through or maybe a break bar but it costs 1500 wxp points but Anet went with the dismount idea which is still a pretty good idea.