Slow paced WvW class?

Hey all. I have a thief and a mesmer both at 80 but no matter how much I try I just cannot seem to do well in WvW with either of them. (Talking about solo/small group roaming). Haven't tried joining a zerg yet and to be honest that doesn't sound fun.

I jump into battle and everything goes to crap. I don't know what to do and die... hmm. It's not a very good explanation. Not sure how to put it. I feel like they are both too twitchy for me. I cannot keep up.

If you know what I am trying to say here, would you know a class I could try that is decent at roaming that has more slow paced-straight forward style?

Thanks.

You could try Druid, also very popular class for solo roamers.

But... the solo (or small group) play in WvW is very-very difficult these days. It does not matter which class you play, your enemies have done this same thing for 5 years, every day, several hours. Not only have they best possible class, best build, best equipment, but they also have huge amount of experience killing new players very quickly. You have same chance to win as the guy who walks into boxing gym for first time and is thrown into ring against world champion.

If you want to have fights you have a chance to win, try PvP instead. At least there you are facing opponents with similar amount of knowledge. In WvW.... don't expect to win fights for at least 2-3 years.

@FogLeg.9354 said:If you want to have fights you have a chance to win, try PvP instead. At least there you are facing opponents with similar amount of knowledge. In WvW.... don't expect to win fights for at least 2-3 years.

Do they have different ranks? So the better you get the better the opponents are?

Also I was thinking about Druid. I have my 80 boost and was thinking of making one so I could heal in raids for the guild. Am poor atm but guild said go Magi gear which is cheap. That also work in WvW?

Yes, in PvP you get up in ranks and you start to face better opponents. In WvW, as you know, anyone can fight anyone.

PvE gear works in WvW. Magi gear sounds fine if you are poor. At least you can try the class out without investing several months and hundreds of gold to craft really costly equipment.

Archived